Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D - 1 Year and 44,000 Kms Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #62
Re: Came Home Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D.

its not big compare to scratch my safari has got recently
Well,it looks like now a days Altis is having some hard time and same is with me,two minor accidents within 15 days and both the times,due to circumstances I had enough bad luck that both the times my hand was just left itching[evil]...

First incident:-
We were returning from Dehradun,our car was doing about 110 kph and suddenly came a white Swift from behind doing about 130 kph and while overtaking brushed our front bumper.The pic is already posted above...
We stopped came out and looked at the dent and father said "IGNORE"..so we did.

Second incident(Yesterday midnight):-We were returning from Jaipur,chauffy was driving with me on front seat and father on rear.We were following a truck on just half km away from my home and were doing about 70 kph suddenly the truck crossed a bad patch of road and something hit our car's windshield like a bullet with a sound 'thak',we ignored and kept on moving and then after about 20 seconds I noticed some cracks on the lower left side of windshield,then we noticed that the windshield was cracked.Returned home and clicked some pics of it.
First pic:Crack on the windshield.
Second pic:The dust on the base of windshield.
Third pic:The place where the stone struck(maybe it was a brick because of the light red color).

Attachments

Last edited:

OMG.. It's so sad to see this.[anger]

Even my hawk had a flying stone,when I was doing 120 kmph.
It was a very small stone, outside it was hot inside AC was ON.
Due to temperature difference there is a dot like crack.

Thread Starter #64

At such speeds,a small stone really works like a brick,so you got the windshield replaced or it kept on working for some months?
In my case it was quite big stone but maybe it hadn't struck that hard because of the angle of the Corolla's windshield and got deflected towards upside after striking,instead if it would have been an SUV then maybe it would have shattered the glass,I believe this at least after seeing the crack which has covered the complete windshield from lower left to top right.

Ouch!!!! A ding on the new car is like to the heart. BTW, if there is no crack on the glass and just mini chips are off, you can do away with a change. just clean it nicely and fill it with a very light solution of fiber glass.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #66

Ouch!!!! A ding on the new car is like to the heart. BTW, if there is no crack on the glass and just mini chips are off, you can do away with a change. just clean it nicely and fill it with a very light solution of fiber glass.

freakdude.
Well thanks for the advise buddy but the issue is that there is one long crack running from lower left to upper right or say nearly diagonal.Yes,no crack is there at the striking point,the crack is at different place.

Well thanks for the advise buddy but the issue is that there is one long crack running from lower left to upper right or say nearly diagonal.Yes,no crack is there at the striking point,the crack is at different place.
Ohh, well that's a big one then and risky too. Check if your insurance was one like the pearl cover of TATA AIG, i guess it pays fully for glass.
Also, have a word with the Windshield Experts in your area and see what they can do about it.

freakdude.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #68

Ohh, well that's a bog one then and risky too. Check if your insurance was one like the pearl cover of TATA AIG, i guess it pays fully for glass.

freakdude.
I think the insurance covers it,I talked to the Toyota SE and he told me that survey will be done on Monday(Tomorrow) and I will have to pay something about 3-4k for both windshield as well as front bumper replacement.
Rest I'll be leaving the car for 2-3 days for scratch removal/rubbing work too.

Thread Starter #69

One more thing I have noticed is that if I touch the cracked part the it is smooth from both inside and outside like there is no crack.So does the Corolla's front windshield has three layers of glass and my car's middle one is broken or its just a false feeling?

At such speeds,a small stone really works like a brick,so you got the windshield replaced or it kept on working for some months?
In my case it was quite big stone but maybe it hadn't struck that hard because of the angle of the Corolla's windshield and got deflected towards upside after striking,instead if it would have been an SUV then maybe it would have shattered the glass,I believe this at least after seeing the crack which has covered the complete windshield from lower left to top right.
It happened when the car was 1 year old.
To my surprise the crack is on outer layer in form of dot.
And thank god it has not increased.
If my hawks glass has to be replaced it takes 9000 for glass, sensor costs around 5000, along with IRVM must also be replaced.

Thread Starter #71

Today the car will be given to the Toyota A.S.C. for the repairs.Now waiting for their quote.

One more thing I have noticed is that if I touch the cracked part the it is smooth from both inside and outside like there is no crack.So does the Corolla's front windshield has three layers of glass and my car's middle one is broken or its just a false feeling?
Sadly, it's just your feeling. Modern windshields usually have a sheet laminated to the cabin side to prevent shattering of the glass and hurting passengers. Think of it as a BIG cello tape stuck to the glass. [:)]
Not sure of three layers?

freakdude.

Thread Starter #73

To my surprise,my insurance plan is simply superb.
When we got the car,I argued with father to get the car insured from outside,but he got the Toyota's full cover insurance.He used to call it "zero waala insurance".

Today got the car inspected and I was surprised to hear the quote,even you people will also be surprised:-
Quote was:Just 500 INR for the windshield and front bumper replacement.

@Freakdude:Thanks for explaining,I understood it to an extent.

To my surprise,my insurance plan is simply superb.
When we got the car,I argued with father to get the car insured from outside,but he got the Toyota's full cover insurance.He used to call it "zero waala insurance".

Today got the car inspected and I was surprised to hear the quote,even you people will also be surprised:-
Quote was:Just 500 INR for the windshield and front bumper replacement.

@Freakdude:Thanks for explaining,I understood it to an extent.
So what was the actual charge of the damages that insurance is going to cover.

Good to know that Altis is being restored to Normal.

What kms it has covered?

Also update the service details in this thread .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom