Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D - 1 Year and 44,000 Kms Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one amazing FE figures you got on your trip, it's really commendable to see a D segment car with a puny Engine performing so well in terms of FE figures.

Thread Starter #182
Vipul 44,000 kms in one year is really commendable.
What if I say it's 47000+ now? Nothing commendable, just think your office is 60 kms away from your place and you do up-down daily by your car, now add some weekend trips, some outstation trips and market etc etc and you will find that this running is just normal, simply normal.

Wish you many more miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.[:)]
Thanks buddy..

That is one amazing FE figures you got on your trip, it's really commendable to see a D segment car with a puny Engine performing so well in terms of FE figures.
Well buddy, being true attaining this figure was really easy, in fact I never thought that end result will be anything above 19 kpl and I myself was for once astonished to see the figure. Eh, now I'll try the 23 kpl and after that 24 and after that 24.5.. Let's see how much is possible for me, just to make the challenge tougher, I'l try to do it all with my normal driving style(like I did yesterday) and speeds varying between 80-100 kph..nothing below that. I have faith on my 6th gear...:biggrin:

Thread Starter #183
Okay guys, today touched the car after a long time(father's strict order - no cars for me before exams end and for going to college), so decided to make a FE record in the 73 kms long drive.
As per my calculations, Altis delivered me about 22.1 kpl overall(90% highway) with speeds varying between 70-90 kph in fifth and sixth gear only. Calculated using full tank-full tank method.

@Iron Rock: You hearing?? 24 will also come soon..

Looks like you will soon achieve the 24kmpl mark. I am sure Corolla Altis (Diesel, ofcourse[;)]) is capable of much more. Do well in your exams and treat us with more pictures once you are done.

Thread Starter #186
Looks like you will soon achieve the 24kmpl mark. I am sure Corolla Altis (Diesel, ofcourse) is capable of much more. Do well in your exams and treat us with more pictures once you are done.
Looks like one more person joined IR for 24 kpl.
Arey this is no Indigo eCS, this car can't deliver anything above 22 and that is done. I drove it very sedately..
Pics will come as soon as I drive her again.

Nice one, but for me i will wait till i make do 24kmpl regularly - let me for a change see the good driver in you :tongue:
Can you get 24??
I am already a good driver who is concerned towards safety on roads.

Thread Starter #188
Vipul buddy why are you contradicting yourselves?? All said, 22.XX is an excellent FE that you have achieved.

freakdude.
First part I wrote out of excitement but second part consists some realistic reply.
C'mon yaar, it was painful to attain even 22, then 24 sounds next to impossible. At least to me.

First part I wrote out of excitement but second part consists some realistic reply.
C'mon yaar, it was painful to attain even 22, then 24 sounds next to impossible. At least to me.
Ohhhk!!! Still bro, 22 is a great figure to achieve. But what is the fun in all FE and no game. [;)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #190
Ohhhk!!! Still bro, 22 is a great figure to achieve. But what is the fun in all FE and no game. [;)]

freakdude.
+100
You are my true friend.
It feels very bad when the road ahead is empty and an Uttar Pradesh Parivahan overtakes you while you are thinking of saving some drops of diesel instead of some seconds or minutes of your time.

I fully endorse tsivipuls figures. I have reached 15000 in my d4d altis in one year and can safely say it's around 21-22kmpl in the highway, though I have not done the tank full method. 24 is a reasonable target and can be achieved, only thing is we have to cruise around 80-90 all the while. In fact this car is giving me around 17+ in city with ac on almost all the time. In this segment, Heart may say anything, but head always says altis d4d......mileage, handling, suspension, after sales service,Toyota reliability,nvh levels,decent looks.......[:)]

Coming from a owner i am further reassured 24 is possible. However my real intention in giving such target to Vivaad kumar, err Vipul Kumar is to prevent accident number 18 or is it 19(in one year) ?:tongue:

Tsi i missed this thread but you did not know you have an Altis. Congracts(belated). How is the performance compared to the mad tsi?

Thread Starter #195
I fully endorse tsivipuls figures. I have reached 15000 in my d4d altis in one year and can safely say it's around 21-22kmpl in the highway, though I have not done the tank full method. 24 is a reasonable target and can be achieved, only thing is we have to cruise around 80-90 all the while. In fact this car is giving me around 17+ in city with ac on almost all the time. In this segment, Heart may say anything, but head always says altis d4d......mileage, handling, suspension, after sales service,Toyota reliability,nvh levels,decent looks.......
Hmm, buddy but 22 is the limit. This is no light weight Swift or Indica eV2, this is a Corolla and delivers 20 only. I got 22 cruising at 80-90 only in fact 70-90.
But yes, 100% agree on last line maybe the car is overpriced in the eyes of people but an Altis owner can only understand what all he has got out of those 15-16 or 17 lac he has shelled out.

Coming from a owner i am further reassured 24 is possible. However my real intention in giving such target to Vivaad kumar, err Vipul Kumar is to prevent accident number 18 or is it 19(in one year) ?:tongue:
i am also thinking how to get 24, BTW I am yet to meet a person who has got 24 kpl from Altis.
Vivaad!!??!! When, where, who??
Accident number 18 or 19[embarass], actually I drive safe and in straight line but it's the world who just tries to bang my car every second and you know that.

Just fill up the tires another 2 psi & you are easily there,.That is hoping the diesel you filled at the pump is accurate
It looks like IR has got some company.

Tsi i missed this thread but I did not know you have an Altis. Congracts(belated). How is the performance compared to the mad tsi?
Altis is my daily drive my buddy(that is also banned these days by father - can be taken out only for work).
Thanks, that also belated!!
PErformance is fantastic as compared to TSi.
It does 100 in nearly double the time TSi takes, it looses its breath at speeds that TSi does enthusiastically in 4th gear(5th and 6th are still remaining, in fact even in 4th gear TSi is far quicker), BUT IT DELIVERS ABOUT 166% OF WHAT TSI DELIVERS.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom