Toyota Aqua with Fuel Economy 35 Km/L

Thread Starter #1
Mileage close to 40 kilometers per litre of petrol, performance and comforts at par with the celebrated hybrid Prius—all comes packed under the name The Toyota Prius c (Aqua in Japan) at a price of US$21,700 (INR 11 lakhs). One month’s sales has crossed 10 months’ target: 120,000 orders, and the pace of booking is getting more frenzied. For 17 hours a day, in every 75 seconds, one car rolls out of the assembly line. Currently available in Japan,US and Canada, the Aqua has stolen hearts in various auto shows across the world, and auto markets yearn for her. When does the Aqua come to India?
Toyota Aqua witha fuel economy 35 km/L Photos | Toyota Aqua witha fuel economy 35 km/L Pictures - Yahoo! News India

350Z

Core Team
Design looks cute but it will not be accepted here with that much price tag. Manufacturers should instead think about introducing a hybrid sedan in similar range. Just like Civic Hybrid which gain quite popularity after direct price cut of up to Rs.8 Lakhs albeit it was while clearing up the stocks.

Toyota-Prius_C_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg

Toyota-Prius_C_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_10.jpg

Toyota-Prius_C_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_0f.jpg

Toyota-Prius_C_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_1b.jpg

Toyota-Prius_C_2012_1024x768_wallpaper_1e.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the pics 350Z. I feel the Indian Govt is missing the beat here. They should definately subsidise hybrid vehicles & make them available at competitive rates to promote thier usage & make the environment greener. Even petrolheads need not worry cause from what Iv heard the acceleration is linear right from the word go in electric cars since the max torque is developed as soon as one steps on to the gas :)

wow its like mini prius and can be hit @ rs.5-7 lakhs. well why dont they make it here to reduce cost? imo it will blow out petrol and diesel cars in category..what say guys??

Thread Starter #5
Hi Umang,
Developing a new platform & technology like hybrid/electric cars will require huge investment which in turn needs huge volumes to justify the initial investment. Since there are no relief/sops for elctric cars in India, pricing them at sub10lac prices is next to impossiblem,so the future is bleak.

Thanks for the pics 350Z. I feel the Indian Govt is missing the beat here. They should definately subsidise hybrid vehicles & make them available at competitive rates to promote thier usage & make the environment greener. Even petrolheads need not worry cause from what Iv heard the acceleration is linear right from the word go in electric cars since the max torque is developed as soon as one steps on to the gas :)
This car is by no means green. The claim of the previous model was also in the 30s and in real terms delivered not even 15kph. Most likely this is the reason why it isn't sold in Europe as Toyota has been heavily fined for misleading the buyers with unrealistic fuel consumption figures.

Additionally the production of the raw materials as well as the processing them to finished products and the logistics make it one f the worst cars in environmental terms.

I use a Prius C for 11 months now. My average fuel consumption in worse traffic is 17kmpl and other times 24-27kmpl and long drives it gives upto 31-34kmpl. It was worth for me. and the comfort level is very best and also the noise is very minimum. When my pet dog or cat sleeps near the car when i start drive it away they don't even know until i hit the gravel area of the home road.
And the materials used most are recycled and even the Hybrid battery is recycled now.
Brake pads are lasting around 120,000kms and Coolant need to be changed around 160,000kms. oil changes need around 7000 km's since conventional engine runs about 1/2 of the time only. The emission is very low and the noise is low where many countries encourage the people to buy hybrids since its good for the environment. Sri Lanka and India tax amounts are absurd where it shows rather than grabbing the new tec which is friendly to the environment they like to live in the traditional methods.

This is a one of the myths about the hybrids. Any part of the car can be recycled and there are places around the world which do this. Even though the Hybrid battery is made of lithium-ion cells and if there is a damage we can replace each cell not the full battery so the waste is minimum. Since the engine ware is less due to sync between the electric motor and engine during drive and the Oil services intervals are 7000 -10,000kms if we use correct oils. Each part is made of recycled materials on Hybrids.
Also emissions on Hybrids can not be tested due to the low emission level ( We have tried and systems shows the levels are less than the systems minimum level which can be identified ). So I'm also not sure what this means by saying worse environmental friendly cars in the world....

Top Bottom