Thread Starter #46
Today the ToyCar was pampered a bit with few accessories thrown in:
1. Door Visors
2. Corner Rubber Stripes on Bumpers
3. Side Beadings on all doors
4. Steering Cover
5. Window Curtains with magnets and zippers
6. White LED bulb W5W in boot

I was looking for few other things like Floor Mats, Mud Flaps, Rear Curtain (on boot glass) and Anti Slip Mats as well, but didn't purchased any of them due to poor quality and improper fitting. Might be a second visit to some other market will do. But when it will happen is beyond my guess. [:D]

Few pics:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47
A strange thing happened today.
I was coming back to my car in a parking lot in market. From quite a distance, I noticed 3 guys standing next to my car's driver door and discussing something while looking inside.
I maintained a distance and was looking at them with various doubts in my mind. Suddenly the parking attendant came to me and asked if that's my car. When I said yes, he smiled and said these guys were waiting for me for last 10-15 minutes to check the fitting of steering cover. I smiled and went to them but with a cautious approach.

Incidently, they had parked their Tiago next to mine and asked the parking attendant for my arrival. I told him that I'll be back in 5-10 minutes, so they chose to wait for me.

They were impressed with the fitting of steering cover and asked me the name of shop, for getting their steering cover refitted there. I was not aware that my steering cover is fitted with some extra finesse! [:D]

Thread Starter #50
What is the cost of these?
These costed me Rs. 550 for four windows. No negotiations done on this price.

I'd suggest to go for the less dense ones like mine. The other variety is more dense and blocks almost 90% of sunlight, but poses a serious problem in looking out of windows specially in nights.

My window curtains have only 1 runner in each zipper. Look for ones having 2 of them in each zipper, that would be much better.

And if you get a similar curtain for rear boot glass as well, please tell me. I'm looking for one desperately. [:)]

I too was gonna reply to that post to appreciate steering wheel cover. It's the best I have ever seen in a Tiago. Kudos to the guy who did it [clap].
Yes how much did it cost ? And where you got it.
Also Im looking for Scuff plates for Tigor , online prices are very costly. Any idea what are prices in Delhi in local shops ?
Also how much did your door visors cost ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #52
Yes how much did it cost ? And where you got it.
Also Im looking for Scuff plates for Tigor , online prices are very costly. Any idea what are prices in Delhi in local shops ?
Also how much did your door visors cost ?
Steering cover costed me 350 rs.
No idea about scuff plates.
Door visors costed me 550 rs.

Thread Starter #53
ToyCar brought us to Udaipur (RJ) today.

Car is fantastic for highways, and it can cruise at 110kmph all day, without any sweat.

We were carrying full luggage and AC at max cooling throughout.

It gave a respectable 16+ kmpl brim-to-brim, and 17.9kmpl as per MID. It might look low but fine with me as I know it's a heavier car with not so Maruti-ish FE figs! [;)]

I took a calculated risk of getting a refuel on highway pump (with typical setup of just 2 dispensers, one for petrol and one for diesel) between Kishangarh and Nasirabad, and immediately the Check ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM amber light came up. Obviously, I was a bit afraid as it was peak afternoon on a lonely highway with my very young kid daughter. I continued with sightly less speeds to Chittorgarh with the Warning Light glowing continuously. Refuelled again from a reputed pump inside the city, and rested for some time before moving ahead. No warning lights, nothing worth any bother!

Cruised at 80-90kmph till Udaipur, and touch wood (!) no other surprise cropped up on me! [:D]

Thread Starter #54
Touched 165kmph (speedo rated) yesterday between Udaipur and Chittorgarh on a small stretch between numerous diversions due to road widening activities.

Thankfully, car gave no surprises and it was manageable till 150+kmph. After which, I couldn't muster enough courage to push it beyond 165. I think it may go till 170-175kmph (on speedo) on a smooth and safer highway.

At such speeds, overall weight of car helps. Light weight cars might not give similar feel of being planted on road. And without enough confidence, it is actually risky to go for high speed runs.

Navigation feature is a joke.
Cooled glove box is a misnomer/myth!
Foglamps are the biggest fraud ever done with mankind.
AC vent 'knobs' are the most fragile thing on this planet. Much more fragile than a Til-paapdi... I hope you got the hint. [:D]

Now some pluses:
Weight of car. Gives superb planted feel.
ICE is above anything else ever heard in any car!
Throttle response in overdrive improves a lot after 80-90kmph.
Handling the sudden lane changes and tackling shabby patchworks on road is great.
With window curtains in place, AC cooled the cabin in no time. We kept blower speeds at 2 max. Outside temperature was above 43-45 degrees Celsius, for sure.
[:)] [:)]

Last edited:
I feel pick up is noticeably less in tiago, although any one with sedate driving habit (like me) may not bother/notice it, one of my colleague chose i20 after feeling that lack of initial punch.
I have XZ Diesel and I feel blessed to have such a great car

Thread Starter #56
I feel pick up is noticeably less in tiago, although any one with sedate driving habit (like me) may not bother/notice it, one of my colleague chose i20 after feeling that lack of initial punch.
I have XZ Diesel and I feel blessed to have such a great car
Tiago is a heavy car specially for its small bodysize. Power delivery is linear and no sudden burst/push from engine.

For a car almost 1100KGs, I find its accelaration to be okay. In economical drive mode (ECO in MT and CITY in AMT) it is lethargic, but in energetic drive mode (CITY in MT and SPORTS in AMT) it is a different car altogether. Stick it and it will run!! [:)]

Thread Starter #57
We completed a 1600KMs trip in ToyCar (Tiago XZA).

Car performed flawlessly on RJ highways apart from a small niggle i.e., sudden abrupt appearance of CHECK ENGINE MANAGEMENT warning light in speedometer.

It gave us a great FE of 18.8KMPL on MID, and 17.6KMPL as per the accurate 'Brim-to-Brim' method. AC was kept on for whole drive, usually at blower speed#2 and max cooling. For few hours only in peak afternoon, the blower speed was increased to #3. AC is a chiller in CITY mode as well. If the car is cruising smoothly, AC performs perfect in CITY mode. If car is not able to cruise smoothly due to traffic congestion, use SPORTS mode.

It cruised effortlessly at 110-120kmph for hours!
A stretch of 700KMs was done in awesome 8.5 hours flat. That's an astonishing avg speed of more than 82KMPH by constantly cruising at a speed of about 110KMPH only.

The stretch of 150KMs between Kishengarh and Manoharpur via Jaipur Bypass was very easily covered in just 1.5 hours!! That's an avg speed of 100KMPH... a first for me ever! ☺️

Tiago XZA being a heavy car took the undulations in road surface with aplomb and passed on very less jerks inside cabin. WagonR would have surely damaged our spines!

Loving this tiny car!
Looking forward to another such trip soon. ☺️

bhvm

Honoured Member
Bad luck.

During Sunday evening's severe duststorm in Noida, a tree fell down on ToyCar damaging it considerably on its body shell. No impact on engine, suspension, electricals or else.

Going for claiming the insurance obviously. Being a zero-dep one, nothing major to be paid by me. It'll be back in about 20-25 days hopefully.

View attachment 244435

The left most branch crashed on bonnet. The middle one crashed on A-Pillar. The right one crashed on Side Body Panel between roof and front left door. After the initial hit, it slided down immediately. Fortunately, the left ORVM was not damaged at all.

And the most heartbreaking thing is, it fell down in front of our eyes when we were enjoying the cool breeze in our balcony.
1.This is quite sad, sachin. BTW the car has taken impact well, its almost holding the entire weight of tree on A pillar!

2. Finish on Steering cover is indeeed OEM quality. Does not look aftermarket.

3. Any issues with window blinds with cops?
Just my word, do not leave these in permanently. The will squeeze the rubber and gap will widen, causing rainwater leak and wind noise in long run.

4. Its nice these Small engines can do such high speed. 165 is impressive indeed.

5. MIL could have come on due to adulterated fuel or moisture in fuel. You did the right thing by diluting the fuel from another pump.

6. Most fog lamps are useless unless you stuff decent HID in them.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html

Top Bottom