Top Gear on BBC

Indian Driving 18 years back

I just stumbled onto this video. It's an episode of Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld and it features India as it was almost two decades back. It made me nostalgic, the days when every car on the street was an Ambassador [lol]

Some excerpts from it "Indians are not afraid of death", "There are 20 cars to choose from now".

So do you think we have progressed? or regressed? [;)]

the host is extremely critical of India and our customs, so don't watch it if you are easily offended

Last edited by a moderator:
@goodburner

That was a great video. I never knew clarkson has done shows in india before.
We have progressed a lot since then, and still burning diesel :D
Keep more like these coming. :)

Last edited:
Any Top Gear fans out there?

Was just watching the latest episode when I started wondering how many TAI-Gers are as obsessed with Top Gear as me!

So, any other Top Gear fans out there? [;)]

i am a HUGE top gear fan! i have watched all episodes of all seasons in fact i have the collection in my HDD too of all 21 seasons. the last episode S21 E04 was properly EPIC and classic top gear humor.

i am a HUGE top gear fan! i have watched all episodes of all seasons in fact i have the collection in my HDD too of all 21 seasons. the last episode S21 E04 was properly EPIC and classic top gear humor.
Me too, it's one of the reasons I always have a shortage of storage space! Although I'm glad they replaced Jason Dawe with James May, I loved the way they used to always laugh at Jeremy's Ford GT always breaking down! [clap]

Flies kept hitting James in the eye! [lol]

I had all the episodes on my other comp until it stopped working but yes i have seen every episode ,even when i was a kid i use to watch previous Top Gear with my dad on BBC, i remember Tiff,Quentin & Vicky being part of Top gear then. Tiff use to race a car which looked like a Ferrari F40(although its not).
Most memorable of old Top Gear from child hood is all of them sitting in an open top Rolls Royce & Drifting around on a season finale as credits rolled [:)].

As for the New Top Gear,love it too,during High School days the TV at my place for some odd reason would not get BBC & i use to call up cousin & ask what cars use to be aired on Top gear as he would have watched it[roll]

One of my close friends has been to the Aircraft Hanger for the show,he told me it was the episode before Schumi (get well soon) came as the Stig.
He told me Jeremy is huge guy,no wonder they called him the Dinosaur.

Lol ,i remember the latest episode when he mentioned they are going to create a wax figure of him.

I had all the episodes on my other comp until it stopped working but yes i have seen every episode ,even when i was a kid i use to watch previous Top Gear with my dad on BBC, i remember Tiff,Quentin & Vicky being part of Top gear then. Tiff use to race a car which looked like a Ferrari F40(although its not).
Most memorable of old Top Gear from child hood is all of them sitting in an open top Rolls Royce & Drifting around on a season finale as credits rolled.

As for the New Top Gear,love it too,during High School days the TV at my place for some odd reason would not get BBC & i use to call up cousin & ask what cars use to be aired on Top gear as he would have watched it

One of my close friends has been to the Aircraft Hanger for the show,he told me it was the episode before Schumi (get well soon) came as the Stig.
He told me Jeremy is huge guy,no wonder they called him the Dinosaur.

Lol ,i remember the latest episode when he mentioned they are going to create a wax figure of him.
Wow, I have never even watched Old Top Gear! Maybe I should give it a try!

Interesting. Btw apparently the Schumi thing was a hoax, the Stig was still Ben Collins at this point. [lol]

"Put it in the natural history museum!" [lol]

Wow, I have never even watched Old Top Gear! Maybe I should give it a try!

Interesting. Btw apparently the Schumi thing was a hoax, the Stig was still Ben Collins at this point.
Ya not many old top gear shows are available to view.
I remember one show from 1998 or 1999 car of the year episode cos it had alot of cars including the CLK GTR stacked in a late evening light setting,i was at a guests house & remember staring at the TV when guests were trying to talk to me[roll]

As for the Schumi thing it was obvious,otherwise they would need there whole years budget to pay him [clap] ,they would use other drivers too ,not always Ben Collins. The Ben Collins thing became popular cos he left the job & started ranting about it with 5th gear(tv show).

Oh as for the Schumi thing i had a friend who insisted it could have been Schumi all through those years [frustration] ,but after some counter points including "having him as a host would bring more views" he agreed.

Top Bottom