Top Car Care Tips for Summer

It is advisable to leave an air gap on all four windows and lock the door when parked directly on sunlight.
This may decease the Owen feel when you enter the car and may help the AC to cool the cabin fast.

Check the ODO Temperature reading. Already 31Degrees. We at middle-east are having toughest summer. The previous year the same ODO (displayed below) read temperatures in the range of 51, 52, and 53 Degrees. Most American and Japan vehicles are designed to withstand high temperatures. What my suggestion is to check the Radiator, and Coolant periodically. The coolant must be specific, and recommended by the manufacturer. This is highly suggested in Indian vehicles.

Car Parked in Sun.

Hi guys,

I hope you all are in good health and doing great in life.

I joined today and this is my first thread in the forum.
I am working a US MNC located in Cyber City, Gurgaon. I used to park my car everyday in the surface parking just beside the DLF Gateway Tower. This is an open parking and almost all cars are exposed to direct sunlight.

I used to find my car burning hot, after the office hours (say at 4:30PM) and later I have gone through some of the articles regarding the damaging effects of sunlight on cars and health. Sharing some of the interesting facts and figures with you guys as follows:-
1. Parking in direct sunlight increases the rate of evaporation of fuel from the tank and you lose approximately 8-12% due to that. This ultimately reduces the car mileage and direct fuel evaporation increases the pollution.
2. It increases the rate of car aging. Heat effects the plastic inside the car, leather, car electronic systems, wiring system, ducts, hoses and AC performance.
3. It affects your health too. Car cabin temperature reaches to 80 degree C and at this temperature plastic and leather seats starts disintegrating to generate the poisonous and toxic gas known as formaldehyde. A study said that breathing (for little span) in a hot car makes you inhale equal amount of poisonous formaldehyde as a smoker inhales from 22 cigarettes.
4. Sudden exposure to 80 degree C increases the chances of Heat Stroke by 90% and if not heat stroke it will surely cause you small span headache and dizziness or make you feel vomiting due to combined effect of heat and toxic gas.

Recently I found an innovative car accessory that solved the heating up of cars parked under the sun. It is TML's Car Shield. I am using it from last month and later few friends also started using it. It is highly effective, keeps the car cool, protects car from sun heat and hails, fold-able, multipurpose and takes just 15-20 seconds to install or un-install it. I found it value for money.

Regards,
Sanjeev Solanki

Re: Car Parked in Sun.

Recently I found an innovative car accessory that solved the heating up of cars parked under the sun. It is TML's Car Shield. I am using it from last month and later few friends also started using it. It is highly effective, keeps the car cool, protects car from sun heat and hails, fold-able, multipurpose and takes just 15-20 seconds to install or un-install it. I found it value for money.
Thanks for sharing.

Where can I find this product? Is it available online?

Hi sanjeev,

Would you share with some pics as i am unable to understand TML car shield.
My storme also parked in hot sun. and it is damn hot. Once i forgot to take my water bottle to office and even after reaching home the bottle was warm at 8.30Pm evening. This happened last week. The sun is Damn cruel.

Top Bottom