To Sell Or To Retain!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hello guys , i am in a dilemma. my car fluidic verna petrol is more than 10 years old now.
i felt since the car engine is fine i will convert the car to CNG and will drive for another 3-4 years.
but since then there are multiple problems cropping up.
  1. silencer got rusted. couldn't find a oem so installed a local which is again needs to be replaced , horrendous sound.
  2. ac compressor failed for which i paid 5500rs for repair.
  3. severe rust issue on the cowl panel , paid 10000rs for repair.
  4. CNG fitment 56000rs
  5. front seat covers 3000rs
  6. audio equipment 20000rs

upcoming expenses
  1. all 4 tyres , atleast 20000rs.
  2. Oem silencer 7000rs
  3. car is vibrating on idle so engine mounts needs to be replaced , i am guessing another 4000rs.
  4. sometimes when i try to start the car fails to start. there's no sound of the engine starting so i have to retry and the car starts. i am guessing alternator problem ?
  5. have to replace the timing belt and the kit. maybe another 5-8000rs ?
  6. possible engine seal, gearbox seal failure in the future.
  7. new rear bumper since the reverse sensors sometimes work fine and sometimes not because damage near the sensors - 4000rs
  8. new brake discs and pads. front 4000rs.
  9. rear suspension 6000rs.
and do you guys know what else can fail in the coming time or what else needs to be changed because of the age of the car ?

i am getting 2.9 lakhs from olx auto for the car with cng. i am thinking i can get around 3,30,000 if i sell to another dealer. what should i do ?

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
With all the estimated expenses anticipated in the near future, my suggestion is to sell the car if you get a price above 300K. Just list the car in other online shops also and see what best rate you can get.?

Thread Starter #3

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanks for your input. even i am 70% sure of selling the car. i am yet to take a value from outside dealers well because it's too hot in delhi right now [frustration][lol]

will update the price that i get once i get it valued. waiting for more members to reply as well.

With all the estimated expenses anticipated in the near future, my suggestion is to sell the car if you get a price above 300K. Just list the car in other online shops also and see what best rate you can get.?
+1 to that considering the expenses and car's age.

Thread Starter #5

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Today the battery died[frustration] I think the point 4 in upcoming expenses was related to the car battery.
The tyre guy also deals in second hand cars and i Told him about olx quote and he said you will get much more. I am currently out of Delhi and discussing which car needs to be bought. Whatever I decide I still need to wait 2-3 months for delivery and I have to use the verna in the mean time.

Tyre guy's brother owns the battery shop , will consult with him what can be done. Maybe a second hand battery or something like that.

Edit : talked with the battery guy and he suggested to put my figo's 20 months old battery in the verna and get a new one for the Figo.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
we have decided to sell the car but don't know which car we want to buy.
i have booked scorpio-n z6 D AT variant. but all the ladies in the house don't want to spend that much on a new car.
dad and myself don't have any problem but let's see what we decide.
i also think a new pseudo suv will be a better option since 90% of the time everyone drives alone and my elantra can be used for outstation trips but dad likes the scorpio and doesn't want a car with brezza's dimensions.

there are not much options for AT Diesel.

KIA SONET AT -i checked out the sonet and the dashboard is really odd, you cannot see anything ahead without hindrance from the dashboard. i didn't even take a TD. it's that bad.

Kia Seltos HTK+ AT - i was interested in this car since most of the features were present and this was available for 17 lakhs. sadly though , kia has stopped making this variant to promote their weird IMT gearbox and to do so they also made sunroof and dual tone interiors standard with that variant with IMT gearbox. these two and one other feature was not available in the proper AT gearbox or even Manual gearbox.

Tata Nexon AMT - there are no TD available for diesel cars anywhere in Delhi. i tried 3 showrooms and the one i visited which was a new showroom ( every 2 years there's one tata dealership closing down and another opening)
the sales advisor was transparent but the deal that he offered was again weird. that's not the way to do business.
he said that first i will check your loan eligibility and only when the bank gives the nod i will go ahead with the booking and i will take another 1 lakh in advance which will be non refundable if you cancel the booking since there's no demand for the diesel variant
i was like wtf. all these terms and condition and without even a TD.

Last edited:

Top Bottom