To Leh From Kerala in Mahindra Bolero

Thread Starter #421
viveke first of all thanks for your comments. BTW iam only 47 years young and not 56. dunno how you got it wrong. i am a pulmonologist and i can definitely say that astmatics can do the ladakh circuit with a bit of planning and proper medications.for the precautions to be taken i need to know about your asthmatic status, do PM me. i too have a vento but didn't want to risk him in the tough terrain.my sikkim & bhutan trip got postponed to next year due to daughter's vacation classes.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response Doctor. Apologies for misinterpreting your age [embarass]. I thought it was mentioned in the travelogues. I got it wrong.

Good to know that you are a pulmonologist, I will PM you the status of asthmatics. Great to know that you also have a Vento. I agree that I cannot also risk it.

Wow SR! This is EPIC and is truly inspirational to folks like me. I would definitely do this sometime down the line with my family!

Thank you so much again for having taken the effort to narrate your experience in such detail.
You made us travel with you indeed.
Took few days to go through (rather travel through) your TL. Enjoyed every bit of it.

Cheers,
Ashok

viveke first of all thanks for your comments. BTW iam only 47 years young and not 56. dunno how you got it wrong. i am a pulmonologist and i can definitely say that astmatics can do the ladakh circuit with a bit of planning and proper medications.for the precautions to be taken i need to know about your asthmatic status, do PM me. i too have a vento but didn't want to risk him in the tough terrain.my sikkim & bhutan trip got postponed to next year due to daughter's vacation classes.
Is the Bhutan trip on next year. This year I made it to Gahrwal, so next year planning Bhutan

Doc,
Firstly Hats Off to You [clap]
and Sir, your Passion and Love for car and driving is really Appreciable.
Thats why my all time favorite from Mahindra is:
"LIVE YOUNG, LIVE FREE"
Bookmarked this post and was glued to it all Night Long Making Notes.
Actually I am preparing a detailed Passage Plan for myself;
"Kolkata-Leh"
My trip will commence from 15th may 2015 (Long Time Though)
Still I would like it planned and will keep on amending by going through the travelogues.
So Please Bear with me if I Bombard You with some of my doubts[confused]

Doc,
Firstly Hats Off to You [clap]
and Sir, your Passion and Love for car and driving is really Appreciable.
Thats why my all time favorite from Mahindra is:
"LIVE YOUNG, LIVE FREE"
Bookmarked this post and was glued to it all Night Long Making Notes.
Actually I am preparing a detailed Passage Plan for myself;
"Kolkata-Leh"
My trip will commence from 15th may 2015 (Long Time Though)
Still I would like it planned and will keep on amending by going through the travelogues.
So Please Bear with me if I Bombard You with some of my doubts[confused]
Kolkata Leh!!. Let me know. I might be interested if you are game

Hi SR,

your travelogue really motivates every one. I feel sad that I could go through it in the recent past only. The support by madam and kids are highly appreciated.

your detailed narration and superb pictures makes a reader feel being in your vehicle. Proper homework you have done before the journey resulted in hassle free Indian tour.

I highly recommend every travellers must go through this travelogue and similar ones like AR Ram sir's, before planning a tour

Last edited:
i started Reading this thread yesterday afternoon finished it now. A wonderful journey and yes the travelogue is as if we are going along with you but rightly said by you that the feeling that you get when you are physically there is totally different. May be some day ill gain the same feelin. SOME DAY

Congratulations to you Smooth Rider on many counts. To undertake this journey with family and friend. To pen down in simple yet captivating narration of the journey and to top it all wonderful pictures that you have made available to all of us to enjoy.

I too love driving. Have done Kochi -Mumbai twice with children. OOty to Kanyakumari and back covering many tourist destinations in TN and Karnataka. However, have never tried penning down the experience to be able to share. Now offcourse am motivated to do so , may be my next road journey.
Thank you for sharing your experiences so beautifully.

What an amazing expedition! Recently came across your travelogue and it kept me hooked all through.
Doctor Sir, Kudos to you, your family and your friend! You are really lucky to have a family and friend who share the same passion as you and to accompany you for the journey.
Your Storm also deserves a special mention as it gave you absolutely zero problem in such an arduous journey!
I think for us indians Kerala to Leh drive should the holy-grail for all cross-country drivers in india! Congrats once again!

Top Bottom