Tips on How To Effectively Wax Your Car

Thread Starter #17
Yes Vibs,

even in last week's rain my car was good :)

You can just wipe of the droplets with a clean white cloth & your car will shine again!

I think its time for waxing your car again!

Can you tell me how long it would be after your last waxing ?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Waxpol's classic hardwax is better than any other wax available. but real painstaking to apply. no easy as modern carnauba waxes. most painters use it after painting to get the finish. i used to have them for cycle painting.

http://www.waxpol.com/waxpolish.htm

double trouble if not properly applied.

350Z

Core Team
@Zinam,
Its around a month or so I think.

@Deville,
Thanks, Will give this one a try.

Drive Safe!
350Z

What happens in the case we keep washing our car daily??? In that how effective will the waxing be??

BTW i have done this to remove small scratches from my car in bumpers and outside rear view mirrors!! It worked really good!!

Formula is doing pretty good Job RSM!

Why not use that ?
I tried to search today, but every malls (SPAR, Total etc.) only 3M is available. Though in SPAR Formula1, wash&Wax was there, but no wax. I will go again next week or so. I need to find out some good accessories shop in Bangalore.
I think Turtle is not available in Bangalore.

3M liquid wax was cheap - Rs.80 (small pack).

I bought 3M, car cleaning cloth (absorbent micro fibre technology) Rs. 99.

waxing helps maintain the paint .

once in 2 months is a good sign .
the surface itself will be smooth.

I take the whole Sunday to wax my car.

part by part leaving gaps in between working. Else my right hand will come out!

if the surface is very sore like rub some rubbing compound and then wax.
I use pidilite products
Rubbing compound\polish , wax polish , dash board cleaner , tyre cleaner

The last 2 are not used often .

Guys can you let me know how much Formula1 wax cost? Actually there is a shop very near to where i stay. They had one. I checked, but nowhere price or manufacturing date was mentioned. They asked me Rs. 300, after negotiation, ready to give at rs. 275, but i think that might be fake.. anyway to verify?

Guys can you let me know how much Formula1 wax cost? Actually there is a shop very near to where i stay. They had one. I checked, but nowhere price or manufacturing date was mentioned. They asked me Rs. 300, after negotiation, ready to give at rs. 275, but i think that might be fake.. anyway to verify?
what i know is that its 230gm pack comes for 190/- over here with negotiation of 10-20 bucks, so find that out.

Same happened with me too.Got formula1 wax at rs.300/- from bigbazaar 3 months back but i think it was afake one because it didnt give that kind which i used to get before when i used the same product.
Guys please suggest other wax that works gud.

Same happened with me too.Got formula1 wax at rs.300/- from bigbazaar 3 months back but i think it was afake one because it didnt give that kind which i used to get before when i used the same product.
Guys please suggest other wax that works gud.
It is strange that even Big Bazzar keep fake stuffs. In market Formula1 is mostly fake.
So i am considering buying turtle (from xenos), otherwise will settle down with 3M, which are available everywhere.

Top Bottom