Tips on How To Effectively Wax Your Car

The wax job really helped in my last long trip to Chennai. The car didn't get as dusty as it would normally do and was just a wipe with Jopasu duster.

However, after a couple of wet wipes, I can't feel the shine and smooth any more. Would it last just for 2 weeks?

I have one query with respect to Waxing of my car. My car is more than one year old and last time it was polished was on delivery day. I don’t remember if it was ever polished during service. In course of one year the body has got small scratches and one big scratch on front bumper, thanks to Bangalore Traffic. Now my question is: Is it advisable to wax my car without detailing? Or should I go for detailing with professional agencies like 3M that claim to remove small scratches then for every 3-4 months I should wax? What will happen if I wax in current scenario without detailing, will it be beneficial?

I have one query with respect to Waxing of my car. My car is more than one year old and last time it was polished was on delivery day. I don’t remember if it was ever polished during service. In course of one year the body has got small scratches and one big scratch on front bumper, thanks to Bangalore Traffic. Now my question is: Is it advisable to wax my car without detailing? Or should I go for detailing with professional agencies like 3M that claim to remove small scratches then for every 3-4 months I should wax? What will happen if I wax in current scenario without detailing, will it be beneficial?
I am not an expert but need to mention some points from my experiance.

As your car is more than 1 year old and never wax/detail in between. So you should contact a professional detailer first to polish and wax the car. By this, small scratches will remove . After this detailing from professional you can wax your car once in a month.

Before waxing prepare the surface for good result.

I generally follow the below procedure :

1) Wash the car with good car sampoo. (Follow 2 bucket method)
2) Apply quick detailer (Meguiar's Quick Detailer). Dry it with a clean MF cloth.
3) Apply wax (Any good brand)

More details in my ownership thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ertiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience-4.html

Hope this help.

Last edited:

Civic

Suspended
I am not an expert but need to mention some points from my experiance.

As your car is more than 1 year old and never wax/detail in between. So you should contact a professional detailer first to polish and wax the car. By this, small scratches will remove . After this detailing from professional you can wax your car once in a month.

Before waxing prepare the surface for good result.

I generally follow the below procedure :

1) Wash the car with good car sampoo. (Follow 2 bucket method)
2) Apply quick detailer (Meguiar's Quick Detailer). Dry it with a clean MF cloth.
3) Apply wax (Any good brand)

More details in my ownership thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ertiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience-4.html

Hope this help.
You can either opt for filling the swirls or removing them by polishing, if you don't have much scratches, try some AIO or glazes. Klasse AIO is a better choice.

Dear Friends :
Mine is a 05 year Old Car, is it recommended to go for a teflon coat or a regular WAX or Polishing will do ?

Pls. guide, currently, my car is at ASS for a regular check up. ASS has a tie up with 3M. They are quoting me Rs. 5500/- for a Teflon Coat.

Pls. guide.. !

Thanks
BI

Top Bottom