Tips on How To Effectively Wax Your Car

Re: Tips on How To Wax a Car?

Guru's: one query please.

Is it advisable/beneficial to do waxing in a teflon coated car?

Since there is a coat over the paint, so will the wax produces same shine as in non-coated car?

Re: Tips on Effectively Waxing a Car

Hello All,

I Own a 6 months old swift and am looking for maintenance procedure. Couple of months back i got my car detailed from a dealer and now am planning to do all these by myself. Last week i did wash my car and used Amway Glaze to polish my car. Did have body pain after polishing the car but it was worth the effort. Since i use the car daily, it does get dirty soon. Am wondering on how frequently should i wash my car, wax/polish to keep it clean.

If in case i wash the car every week then how long will the wax effect last on the car? Is it good to wax the car alternate weeks or once in a month? Polishing car once in 3 months should be fine o guess.. Please help me with this.

In cooperation with Drive, Larry Kosilla, the owner of professional cleaning shop AMMO NYC, has made an interesting video tutorial with some basic tips on what to do and what to avoid when cleaning the exterior of your car.

Hope it will be useful.

Check out the video with the famous Audi R8 Blackbird posing as the cleaning model:

Audi R8 BLACKBIRD: Basic Car Wash Techniques - DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube

Good video but i did not understand what spray did he use on the microfibre cloth which sucked lot of water when he was wiping the car...

Very nice and detailed info Zinam,
I use waxpol car wax. it is not liquid but paste type thing. should i change it to liquid?
Which one will take less time and will give better finish?
Thanks in advance....

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Very nice and detailed info Zinam,
I use waxpol car wax. it is not liquid but paste type thing. should i change it to liquid?
Which one will take less time and will give better finish?
Thanks in advance....
liquid polish is easy to apply. if you use paste you have to apply it and then rub it off.

but i can't comment on the finish of both.

check my formula's1 wax finish ( paste )

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-22.html#post168352

Local accessory store where i got my scorpio polished had got an electric machine swirl. Which gave a near perfect finish. So if i plan to do will i need to buy that machine?
Also i had seen another store which does its wax with a lacquer as it waxing agent. What is the difference between them?

Btw i have two more wax services free left with my store. Had got it done for 1500 for total 3 services.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I agree , with the machine the wax coat applied is perfect because of the even layers of wax coat.

But don't forget they are proffesional and one hs to be very precise. Many of us don't know how much pressure have to be applied and for all different things like polish etc i think the pressure amount will be different.

So 2 options , do it yourself , it will take 20-30 minutes to wax the whole car by hand and 10 minutes to rub it off.

Or get it done by outside mechanics like you are currently doing. But 500 is a lot.

If you get the machine , it will take you some time to get used to it.

And sorry i don't know about the lacquer you are talking about.

350Z

Core Team

I applied Turtle ‘Super Hard’ Shell Paste Wax. It stands true to the name. Process of rubbing off the wax was difficult but looking at the results, I think it was worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

I don’t think pictures will do the justice. You can feel the smoothness after touching the car. The car looks a little glossier. I will update the review with latest images.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom