Tips on How To Effectively Wax Your Car

Waxing on a new car

i wish to know that can we wax a car which is brand new? or is there any specific period till we should wait?

also pls provide me some tips on maintaining cherry red color?

Thread Starter #62
Anmol, its not required to wax your car until 2 months.

And if you use daily you can wax your car every 3 months.

But atleast for 1st year just wax it twice only. [Apart from Free service]

You give your car for 1st service probably in 2 months where it will be waxed.

Then wax your car by 5th month. And your will be ready for 2nd service by then.

Finally wax your car by 9th or 10th month.

And to maintain the color make sure you clean your car every day & park in shades or covered parking.

Never leave your car in rain & let it dry on its own, this is quite dangerous.

Dont park your car under AC outlet pipes, exhaustive chemicals & gases spoils your car color.

Anmol, its not required to wax your car until 2 months.

And if you use daily you can wax your car every 3 months.

But atleast for 1st year just wax it twice only. [Apart from Free service]

You give your car for 1st service probably in 2 months where it will be waxed.

Then wax your car by 5th month. And your will be ready for 2nd service by then.

Finally wax your car by 9th or 10th month.

And to maintain the color make sure you clean your car every day & park in shades or covered parking.

Never leave your car in rain & let it dry on its own, this is quite dangerous.

Dont park your car under AC outlet pipes, exhaustive chemicals & gases spoils your car color.
thanks buddy for the detailed information.

is there any technical reason behind that why a new car should be waxed early?

Re: How to wax a car ?

Quick tips from experience:
  • Always use a clean applicator pad and a buffing towel, not doing so will result in very tiny swirl marks on your car.
  • Also before you wax your car, I would suggest a "clay" which is basically a surface smoothener.
  • "Claying" your car removes all contaminants from the cars paint and will give you a smooth surface to apply your wax.
  • Before you start waxing your car, make sure it is completely dry. You do not want water running through your wax whilst applying.

I've waxed a few cars before so all of the above info was from my personal experience. The brand I use is Turtle wax and if I'm feeling rich I'd go meguliars.

Anyway, a few comparison pics of my Dad's car with wax.

Before:

During:

After:

If there is enough interest, I'll write up a DIY on how to detail your car :)

[cheers]

EDIT: To answer a few questions about will a wax remove a layer of paint? No, wax will merely form an EXTRA layer of shine over your existing paint. It isn't a polish.
Also, in the 3rd "before" picture, you can see a scratch on top of the side molding and its disappeared in the "after" picture.
Simple reason? The car was waxed regularly for every 3 months after delivery, and on a recent "off-road" trip I managed to put a scratch on just the wax layer and maybe on the paint, but it was covered up after the wax and is now looking fresh again.

Last edited:

Quick tips from experience:

• If there is enough interest, I'll write up a DIY on how to detail your car :)
    [cheers]

• hey bro nice thought it will help newbies like me a lot who does not know much about car detailing(ways of better washing as i do not have water tap and electric socket in the parking area)

thanx in advance[thumbsup]

@ Recycle-art It would be great if you can put up a DIY on car detailing. Your work on your dad's car is great and it would certainly help newbies like me.

@ Recycle-art It would be great if you can put up a DIY on car detailing. Your work on your dad's car is great and it would certainly help newbies like me.
Currently half way through my write up mate, exams are holding me back. I'm doing a full detailed "how-to" on waxing now, and later down the track, I'll explain the full detail as well. [:)]

[cheers]

Re: Best way to maintain the car colour?

Today decided to polish my car and my access..
First I applied the rubbing compound then i left it to dry under hot sun for 15min, again started waxing\polishing, at last wiped with a soft cotton cloth..
Check out the pic's..

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom