Tips For Correctly Filling The Fuel

Apparently, just received an email forward on this topic. Though I doubt the possibility, is there a chance anyway?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I came across a very useful tip. I was surprised to know it but had a doubt so I talked to one of the pump technicians and he too accepted it as a fact. I think apart from providing space for the gas generated inside the petrol tank this is yet another reason why we shouldn't fill the tank to the brim. Many of us are not aware that the petrol kiosk pump has a return pipe-line (in Pink). When the petrol tank (in the car) reaches full level, there is a mechanism to trigger off the pump latch and at the same time a return-valve is opened (at the top of the pump station) to allow excess petrol to flow back into the pump. But the return petrol has already pass through the meter, meaning you are donating the petrol back to the Oil Dealer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filling up fuel tank

What is the right way to fill up fuel tank fully
a) Auto cut off
or
b) after auto cut off shake the car and pour in petrol as much it can consume ?
Niladri

Re: Filling up fuel tank

a) Auto cut off
or
Niladri
Auto cut off is the right way. You can always fill more after auto cut off if you want to round off price.
Shaking the car in bunks will be nice entertainment for others [evil]

Apparently, just received an email forward on this topic. Though I doubt the possibility, is there a chance anyway?

Recently I came across a very useful tip. I was surprised to know it but had a doubt so I talked to one of the pump technicians and he too accepted it as a fact. I think apart from providing space for the gas generated inside the petrol tank this is yet another reason why we shouldn't fill the tank to the brim. Many of us are not aware that the petrol kiosk pump has a return pipe-line (in Pink). When the petrol tank (in the car) reaches full level, there is a mechanism to trigger off the pump latch and at the same time a return-valve is opened (at the top of the pump station) to allow excess petrol to flow back into the pump. But the return petrol has already pass through the meter, meaning you are donating the petrol back to the Oil Dealer.

Is it true ?
I have seen it in social medias too .
Any authenticity about it ?
Niladri

Re: Filling up fuel tank

a) Auto cut off
or
Niladri
Auto cut off, and as @GrandRk suggests to round off the price. Some VW cars have a air plug near the petrol filler which when activated, takes in some more fuel after displacing the air.

Shake it baby [lol], many tempowalas do it.

I have seen Rally drivers put the back wheel on the side of the fuel filler, on a small ramp, to fill right till the brim.

Top Bottom