Thomas from Europe

Thread Starter #1
Hey everyone!

My name is Thomas and I'm a young car fanatic. I'm here to learn about the Indian car market and what works and doesn't work in India. I'm currently a writer for some automotive sites. I hope I'll be able to gain some knowledge and write some articles about concepts and the market in India. Anyways, I drive a 2004 mini cooper s which has been modified so if any of you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Well that's about it (oh I live in the us half the year) for me so I hope to enjoy getting to know you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Do post a short ownership report of your Mini Cooper along with lots of pictures. In case you require any assistance, feel free to contact us.

Cheers.

Hi Thomas, welcome to TAI.
Hope you have a nice time here. We are awaiting a separate thread on Mini ownership review.

Cheers

Fazer

Suspended
Welcome Welcome!
So, You from Brussels, the capital of Belgium, Right? (I remembered Class 10 Civics! :lol!:)
That was a nice intro of yours. Waiting for Ownership review and some pics of the modified Cooper. (Post 1 pic for now!)
Have a nice stay here.

Welcome aboard mate

Good to know about you and your Mini

what site are you currently working on ?
Mini Cooper ? is it the S or it just normal and you turbo/supercharged it yourself.

Belgium is a nice place my uncle lives there.

good to know you too . have a good day ahead

350Z

Core Team
My name is Thomas and I'm a young car fanatic. I'm here to learn about the Indian car market and what works and doesn't work in India.
Hey Thomas, Welcome to The Automotive India. You are fortunately on the right place to learn everything about Indian automotive sector. I would also love to read more about the Mini. Have a fantastic experience on the forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Thomas Greetings from TAI,

Mini Cooper that's a nice car is it convertible??, Since you are a writer for automotive sites share us one of your best writes so far and about Indian markets you get a tremendous amount of knowledge from TAI.

Hello Thomas, welcome to TAI[clap]. We are all about Indian Automotive Scene, it would be great to help you in your journey for sharing the information. Welcome again.

So Can you post some pics of your MINI? You can also write an ownership thread here:
Ownership Reviews

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for any kind of assistance.[:)]

Thread Starter #10
Wow thanks for the welcome guys!

For those of you who were wondering its a 2004 Mini cooper S so its supercharged, I have a pulley, exhaust, intake, upgraded rotors pads lines and fluid. I cant go all out because its my student car and I cant have it exploding on the way to class haha. I tried to attach a picture of my car to this post but I dont know if it worked. As far as an ownership report its not a very reliable car but I love! I would rather sacrifice reliability for passion to some extent, as im sure most you would too.

For those of you who are wondering about my writing, I will have an article published on thesmokingtire.com in July about Driving in Belgium of which I'm very proud and have been working on for years. Im currently heading up a series of sites with a more analytical look on car news, so not the entertaining kind (theres too many of those). We try to be the first to turn bland press releases into quick articles and get them to the reader as fast as possible. that site is carindustryintel.com. I am currently partnering with a Bulgarian site as well as a French site both of which are linked on my page. Russian and Chinese are soon to come and maybe a site based out of India?

Of course I will be all over this forum trying to see what appeals in your market. I understand India is a diverse country, and I really would like to visit one day. Im a sucker for your spiced dishes!! So once again thanks for your warm welcome!

Thomas

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazer

Suspended
WOW!
The Mini looks nicely modified!
In the pic, It looks very Cool just after a Wash.
Waiting for ownership thread. [:)]

Nice to See the Mini S
I am glad you are honest about your Mini and the Figures I knew about Minis.
Read one of the reports (yearly) which had Number of cars and number of problems and Mini was on the top making it unreliable car .
However it still drives well and my mate was about to get one.

Nice mods you got and haha about your class , yes you can have a beast of a car who cares man. What clutch did you put on ? do you get Excedy there?
Should get just HD clutch ,Ceramic or Button is just not required

Thread Starter #14
Not sure exactly what brand the clutch is, I know I converted to a single mass flywheel and a stage 1 clutch. Much grippier but it makes a little more noise. As you said ceramic isn't necessary especially for street cars. Last year I drove an M3 and Drag race SN95 mustang both with a race clutch and it was a nightmare on the street.

Top Bottom