Thinking of Moving from My Tata Aria - Please Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
well my honest thinking is to be stress free and does not worry even if I do not own a car but to sell a car which gives me stress.I have my i10 and till date I feel at home and never had any fear of any issues.Years back I had a palio,same situation we bought when the car was launched and it gave so many issues but I just carried on with it and end of the day when we wanted to sell it had a poor resale and this experience of mine makes me think further that when I want to sell aria years later it is going to be a freebie for someone

Thread Starter #32
@superbad I guess am confusing the whole thread as my issues are too many.The issues and niggles were repeating with time and in say 3 or 4 visits the service center comes up with a permanent solution that to change the whole part which gives problem and in that way each of my issues get solved.I had a paint peel near my right door and the service center gave me a paint job. Now i notice paint peel and bubbles near some places for which I have raised a complaint

Since you are asking for an advice, I would say "Sell it off" at the earliest.
There is no point in holding to a car which makes you living in a state of stress. Peace of mind is more important.

Just some food for thought
There is another silly side of Tata servicing procedure. As usual they dont keep least moving spare parts ,moment a customer shows up with an issue they do a jugaad and convince the owner it is fine. But internally if the matter is serious they place an order for the replacement. If the customer comes back again they do the replacement only if part arrives in mean time otherwise this goes like a circle.so an owner concludes that the whole Tata products are troublesome.
On the other hand most of the manufacturers have the guts to say so and so part is defunct and it would take so many days to arrive in case not in shelf.I have learnt it after owning Fiat for last two years
One of my firend consider fiat is an awesome car(sure it is) with best service (considering my ownership) where as his hyundai has remained immovable for many many weeks for so many minor issues.he curse his decision on buying H Getz even today.

Last edited:
@superbad I guess am confusing the whole thread as my issues are too many.The issues and niggles were repeating with time and in say 3 or 4 visits the service center comes up with a permanent solution that to change the whole part which gives problem and in that way each of my issues get solved.I had a paint peel near my right door and the service center gave me a paint job. Now i notice paint peel and bubbles near some places for which I have raised a complaint
i guess my point was right then .the service find a temp fix to your issue.

you can insist on replacement given your service history if such case arises.

i feel you have been too soft on tata A.S.S and thus you suffer in the end.

if i were you i would have insisted to get the part replaced and do a temp fix only for the waiting period.

regarding the resale i doubt you still need a big vehicle as an aria/fortuner seeing your usage.

my six month scorpio has clocked close to 3k kms and i have been told that i dont drive enough/ my usage is the lowest among all scorpios [lol]

so if i were you i would have opted for a better sedan.

Thread Starter #36
@auto Yea lets see
@superbad well I did not prefer a sedan as I am quiet tall and felt always cramped and hate to be in lower clearance vehicle.I wanted a bigger vehicle keeping in mind I am not going to sell it anywhere near and also for my family needs I have an i10 and so a bigger car would help when we go for trips or even for a movie as we tend to take two cars.At the time of purchase I did not worry about resale of aria as I never had a plan.I was not softer to the service guy at all and I directly email Tata support and also the south manager customer service.Few months I told him the amount if issues that came and told I need a replacement.Later he invited me for a meeting and assured no further issues will come up and that he assures to attend anything in the future.Otherwise also I did not get any mechanical issues after that as at that time my steering and brake complaints were solved but still after that the faults were minor but stressfull visiting the showroom often like outside mirror change,outside mirror colour mismatch, cabin light broken,paint peel,steering rattling.
Even now I cannot think anything apart from fortuner and it would best suit me and purpose.At the same time I am just getting to know about fortuner and also want advice from you guys as I do not want to end up in further trouble with that car

Even now I cannot think anything apart from fortuner and it would best suit me and purpose.At the same time I am just getting to know about fortuner and also want advice from you guys as I do not want to end up in further trouble with that car
Karthick, This thinking is very important, because at times after you sell Aria you will keep thinking that it was a known evil was better than a unknown new devil[lol]

Think a lot before take any call on this !!

So if it is my personal Advise between Aria & Fortuner, then Aria is better

If you look at something else, then I go little towards Captiva and more for an Innova [:)] will best fit into your needs

Thread Starter #38
@gurrala if am going to shift its straight to fortuner with no doubts but as you said I will not jump without thinking about the decision.In fact if i get to know the negative side of fotuner it will be so easy for me to conclude but i go through ownership reports in different forums and I am not able to find any fault statements apart from break complaints.I am actually waiting to hear the negative side of fortuner so it will be easy to compare

@gurrala if am going to shift its straight to fortuner with no doubts but as you said I will not jump without thinking about the decision.In fact if i get to know the negative side of fotuner it will be so easy for me to conclude but i go through ownership reports in different forums and I am not able to find any fault statements apart from break complaints.I am actually waiting to hear the negative side of fortuner so it will be easy to compare
About its negatives, only two Fortuner owners told me so far directly that everything is good, but they felt bit of a body roll which makes them uncomfortable !!

@gurrala
Myself heard many stories about fear of driving fortuner because of the body roll.
I dont think fortuner is value for money.

One of my friend purched and due to the fear of body roll sold it.

@gurrala
Myself heard many stories about fear of driving fortuner because of the body roll.
I dont think fortuner is value for money.

One of my friend purched and due to the fear of body roll sold it.
+100,

You are correct. Out of those two owners who told me their concerns, one of them was purely talking about this and was very scary with its body roll [cry]

But he could not take any such decision of selling it out due to the cost implications and the vehicle is just new instead he started driving very slow fearful all the time and I felt then why he need a SUV at all for that kind of driving !![surprise]

I will go against the tide.

I will ask you to sell the vehicle because -

1) I know the Aria and it's QC. If a car gives no signs of any issues from the day of purchase, then it's a smooth sail ahead. If it does give repetitive issues, then it's a sign of bad times to come. I am not trying to dissuade you, but since you have the budget to get the Fortuner, why not? Yes, you will lose a lot of money, for sure. You are selling a new vehicle, which means you bore the maximum depreciation. Secondly, Aria has pathetic resale value.

2) Aria is not a bad car, but Fortuner is better. If I had the money, I would buy the Fortuner with eyes closed. Yes, the comfort and ride wont be as good as the Aria, but it will be reliable and the road presence is simply enormous!

3) You seem frustrated with the repetitive issues now. Will you enjoy your ownership now? If no, then before it gets too late and the resale value dips further, sell the car and go for the Toyota. That is, if you are ready to take the brunt of the losses.

I too agree with Raj. If a new car is behaving like this, then its quite obvious that one would definitely decide against keeping the car. Same happened with me (Indigo GLX) few years back.

IMO go with your heart. If the car doesnt let you travel in peace then theres no point keeping it with you just for the sake of it being new.

Thread Starter #45
@raj thanks for the suggestion raj

@akash the car is now perfect as I had resolved all complaints but am not worried about the current status but in fact am too much stressed so far going through it and suffocated now and I do not have the love on my car I had at day 1.Forgetting the issues are major or minor but I cannot drive any car for that matter with even a small scratch on it as am a person who takes it too much in to my mind.I want to be free and taking all your suggestions, I decide to bye bye aria.The next owner is lucky I guess as am damn sure he would not get any aria at second hand in a mint condition as mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom