Theft Attempt in Mahindra Scorpio VLX!

Oh Raj, Its unfortunate this incident happened with you.
But why these thieves wan't Scorpio.
Its really annoying me by seeing the indicator and Scratch on your beast.
Its equally hurting me Raj[anger].
I have already changed my immobilizer code.
Raj one advice never give your vehicle keys for Valet parking in hotels, It takes little time for them to make a duplicate key.
Have you complained to police??.
Yes raj refreshed Scorpios come R-FID(Radio frequency identifier) technology.
But still whats the use if thieves remove music system.
Any ways always park your car in well lighted area.
And purchse one cover for your beast, include that in your beasts Birthday List.

Last edited:
but since one of the door locks have been broken, i have to change all the door locks.

i enquired in the mahindra A.S.S & they have only 1 key set in stock now. so, i am changing all the door locks for now & keeping the same ignition key so that atleast both have different keys.

ok then that's all the same. i thought you are going for 4 different locks for all the 4 places[:)]

my car costs 10 lakhs!
ya i know that your car costs a bomb. if you really wanna get it, then don't look back.just go for it.that's all.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
Oh Raj, Its unfortunate this incident happened with you.
But why these thieves wan't Scorpio.
huge demand in second hand market + good resale value.

Raj one advice never give your vehicle keys for Valet parking in hotels, It takes little time for them to make a duplicate key.
i never give the keys of my car to anybody, not even for valet parking.

the only outsider who has ever driven my car is our very own aditya & naveen, that too that was a few minutes before this theft attempt happened.

Have you complained to police??.
no.

Yes raj refreshed Scorpios come R-FID(Radio frequency identifier) technology.
But still whats the use if thieves remove music system.
if your car is with you, you can very well fit a music system again!

Any ways always park your car in well lighted area.
it was parked below a street light!

ok then that's all the same. i thought you are going for 4 different locks for all the 4 places[:)]
nah! that would be too much!

ya i know that your car costs a bomb. if you really wanna get it, then don't look back.just go for it.that's all.
i dint mean it costs a bomb. but spending 20k for a car's security is worth it, isnt it?

Get it man. A 20k security is worth it. Not only for a 10lac scorpio but for any other car. but rajeev wont that even stop functioning if someone again tries the same trick(i wish this doesnt happen).
Which security system did you have in your car previously?

Thread Starter #22
Get it man. A 20k security is worth it. Not only for a 10lac scorpio but for any other car. but rajeev wont that even stop functioning if someone again tries the same trick(i wish this doesnt happen).
yes, thanks to my friend aditya, we have come to a very indigenous solution to that too. a very simple but effective measure will be taken so that the security systems (GPS & nippon) cannot be shorted by any intruder. i cannot disclose that in a public forum, hope you understand.

Which security system did you have in your car previously?
nippon for now. again there, we have some other plans to make it more theft proof.

Did you drop the vehicle to the dealer Raj?
Has the locks been fixed?
no buddy, not yet. we will be going to the dealer on thursday. till then, the vehicle is safely parked in my society compound with one watchman always sitting beside it.

Raj, Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. I can understand what you could have gone through though I can't say what exactly since we can never know the pain that other person is going through.

I should appreciate your presence of mind to change the password. Lot of us just neglect it, not just in a car but any place for that matter, and leave the default password.

Thieves are getting smarter and smarter because they don't have anything else to do. Talk about concentrating on a single stream. This can happen to any car, they will have one or more ideas to break open any car.

We can only be as cautious as we can. Going to Police will never work in our country and that is a pity. For all you know, the police will also be involved with these guys so going to them is as good as going to the thieves. Law enforcement is a joke in our country.

I can't say that having a car security system makes it 100% safe but, for sure, if you don't have one, car is 0% safe. Paying a hefty amount for security is never a bad investment. IMHO it is better to invest in safety and security rather than beautification. At least, that should be the priority.

P.S: Don't ever assume that those guys will not attack your vehicle again. I really wish they (or any of those jerks) don't but you should never assume that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
I can't say that having a car security system makes it 100% safe but, for sure, if you don't have one, car is 0% safe. Paying a hefty amount for security is never a bad investment. IMHO it is better to invest in safety and security rather than beautification. At least, that should be the priority.
I 100% agree to this buddy, atleast now!

P.S: Don't ever assume that those guys will not attack your vehicle again. I really wish they (or any of those jerks) don't but you should never assume that.
now since they have the key of my vehicle with them, i am taking extra measures to surprise the thief incase he thinks of messing with my car again.

Hey raj , Any updates??
If you are going for a Security sysytem.
You can go for Micro VBB security system.
It provides SMS based security.
What ever message or instruction you send .
It can stop the vehicle if an intruder starts your vehicle.
And also tells the vehicles Location.

Thread Starter #27
I know mukesh. i went to the microVBB office yesterday, saw a demo & i am getting it installed tomorrow.

updates-
car went to the A.S.S today, got the door locks & side indicator changed. the thief had actually inserted a rod inside the grille which he used to break the hooter connection. so that disabled the hooter. so corrected that. finally, next week the car would be going to the body shop to get the dent near the keyhole repaired & repainted.

expenses TILL NOW:
Rs. 3500/-

I know mukesh. i went to the microVBB office yesterday, saw a demo & i am getting it installed tomorrow.

updates-
car went to the A.S.S today, got the door locks & side indicator changed. the thief had actually inserted a rod inside the grille which he used to break the hooter connection. so that disabled the hooter. so corrected that. finally, next week the car would be going to the body shop to get the dent near the keyhole repaired & repainted.

expenses TILL NOW:
Rs. 3500/-
Do you plan to claim insurance for this?
I know people don't claim for such a small amount since you sometimes loose on No claim bonus, but just checking.

Top Bottom