Theft Alert in Delhi: Stolen ECU and Music System

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea
even in Patna this chain stealing happened!
my uncle was driving his 800 when a bus of robbers blocked the road in front of him suddenly and jumped out and pointed gun at him. They snatched his gold chain and then he got pissed! He took out his own gun (he has gun licence) and pointed at them. He took one robber and pointed at him and threatened others. They left him but his chain was with them. They had come to get his car but he had scared them away!

Hey man , gun license. that is cool. I always imagine owning a gun!

I think we should have a gun pointing the driver when the car is locked. When the car is opened , the gun must go into its safe postion.

If unauthorised person try to start the car , Kill him for touching our beauty

Chain snatching is on a high here again for the past few months! Worst a temple priest was robbed while returning home! Some 6-8 cases of chain snatching in my area alone for the past few months! The municipality has decided to install more street lights in my area and they have given electrical connections too , now the posts needs to be erected! Because of this my area is heavily guarded with police standing in almost all the streets!!

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
After inspecting with other people around in same area, after the theft took place, Most of them were doubting on bus drivers and conductors mainly due to the manner both buses were parked but surprise is that cops let them go easily.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Cops gets equal share. They know each and everything who are the people involved.

Recently same thing has happened to my sisters car. Whole music system was removed along with the speakers and tweeters. The car did not start next day morning. The same gang removed stereos from 10 cars and one brand new car was stolen and till date nothing has happened about the recovery or arrests.

oh my gosh!! how did i missed it? this is very very sad news. [cry] but honestly i dont think you can get it back because theivies don't keep stolen thing with them. they sell them as soon as possible and sometimes police also supports them!!

Thread Starter #38

350Z

Core Team
Reviving an old thread, but still I would like to update – Police failed to recover either of the equipment. And I have installed a new ECU and MP3 already. But a loss is a loss. Lesson learnt. Case Closed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: ALERT: Car Theft in Delhi - Stolen ECU + MP3!

Man
Yesterday there was an attempt to steal my 6 yr old maruti 800. [anger]
\The black rubber was not there around windows pane when i saw car in morning.
I am worried where this could happen as in my office there is indoor parking with cameras and guards.
In front of my house there is a watchman at night

I feel it happened in market when i went to purchase and luckily came back on time before the thieves could do their job [surprise]

Ps: I never knew in these days of expensive cars thieves still target maruti 800

Sorry to hear about your loss, 350Z. A theft is a theft! No matter how small or big. My car cover was stolen off my Lancer last night. And mind you, I stay in a Defence colony. [cry]

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team

Yesterday there was an attempt to steal my 6 yr old maruti 800. The black rubber was not there around windows pane when i saw car in morning.
Glad the car is safe. Peeling out the rubber on windows is another common trick among burglars when it comes to Maruti 800. Please install some essential security items as soon as possible and also be cautious in order to prevent such instances in future.

Ps: I never knew in these days of expensive cars thieves still target maruti 800
I feel one of the reasons is that it's most easy to access unlike most of the modern cars.

Sorry to hear about your loss, 350Z. A theft is a theft! No matter how small or big. My car cover was stolen off my Lancer last night. And mind you, I stay in a Defence colony.
That's unfortunate. I don't know how much will he benefit from a car cover? Hope it's not someone's mischief from the locality.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I guess this is a very common in the NCR region. I hope the authorities take some serious action. We have been victim twice last year [gun]

1. First incident: (With my sister and jiju)
They both are in Air Force and posted in Pune right now. They bought a Black Scorpio around August last year and my sister was visiting her parents (my buaji) who lives in Noida in sector 29. so she parked the scorpio in front of the gate and when she came out to take some stuff from the car, after an hour the car was gone. They immediately filed a complaint with the local police. but the police never recovers the car, so finally she had to buy another one. Since both of them are in air force, they got the money through insurance but still had to put some from her side.

2. Second incident: (Our Maruti 800, in moradabad)
My mom, dad and brother went to visit one of my dad's close friend who lives right behind our house. But after that they had to go shopping, so they decided to drive to his friends place.
so after having a cup off tea and some chit chat they decided to go shopping and when they came out, they were shocked COZ our car was gone. my dad immediately filed a complain with the local police and came back home.
Next day in the morning one of friends driver came to pick his car, because he parks his car at my place since we have a big house with plenty of space to park.
so my mom told their driver about the whole incident and the driver told my friend. So my friend came and talked to my dad and took all the info regarding the car.
While he was going to his factory with his dad he saw a 800 by the road and immediately told his driver to turn around the car. And guess what that was our 800. My friend very well recognizes our 800, so called my dad and told him that he had found our car. My dad immediately left with his friend and reached at the spot in 25 minutes.
We were very happy that we found our car though it was damaged.
1. The ignition won't work
2. The ignition coil, distributor were damaged
3. The fuel door was gone
4. Fuel cap broken
5. driver side rim damaged
6. And a crack in the driver side window.

But we were really happy because we got our car back. And the most annoying part. My dad informed the police, so the police arrived at the scene. And when we were about to leave the (SI = sub Inspector)
SI= Sir congratulations you got your car back (sir badahi ho, gadi mil gayi apni)
Dad= Thanks (Dhanyavad)
SI= Ok, sir you need to pay 500 Rs for all the work we did, like the FIR and then my boys went looking for your car and bla bla. (sir 500 Rs bhar dijiye aur gadi le jayie, woh FIR huyi thi aur phir hamare admi bhi lage huye thay)
Dad= That's you work and i am not paying a single penny alright.

So the SI started throwin some tantrums to get some money, till then he had no clue who is dealing with.

Dad= Just get aside and let me take the car and don't spoil my mood. (Bhai sahab hath jayo aur mera deemag mat kharab karo)
SI= No sir that's a regular thing.
Dad= You know who i am? and then my friends father is an SO (Supply Officer, Who goes for raids on the petrol pumps and all) my dad's friend is a very well known business man.
So all three of them were onto the SI and dude his face was like (Hosh udgaye).
SI= Arrey sir ye woh and bla bla. Jayie sir jayie. pata nahi tha.. ye saab cheeze aap logo ke liye nahi hai sir.

So my dad didn't wanted to spoil his mood and left. And guess what our car was found like 100 meters from a police chowki. [:)] which my friend recovered.

Man
Yesterday there was an attempt to steal my 6 yr old maruti 800. [anger]
\The black rubber was not there around windows pane when i saw car in morning.
I am worried where this could happen as in my office there is indoor parking with cameras and guards.
In front of my house there is a watchman at night

I feel it happened in market when i went to purchase and luckily came back on time before the thieves could do their job [surprise]

This is usual with maruti 800 & omni.. These window panes are very loose and can be removed easily.. Get some central locking..
As you said expensive cars can't be stolen easily !

Me to had faced one incident where I parked my car on the main road and went for an hotel, soon after 5 min I heard the alarm of my car just ran and saw the alarm was stopped and window panes broken, he some how managed to open the bonnet and disconnect the battery (so the security system also is off). Finally could not find the theif but my car was safe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom