Theft Alert in Delhi: Stolen ECU and Music System

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is the Police in India don't handle these things properly and that is why these type of crime is increasing day-by-day. Because thieves know nothing is going to happen to them.
I rarely read any news that anybody has got back their belongings or vehicles after theft.

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
These are pics when my car was "normal", Explaining what all and how has been ripped. I hope this thread can be useful for all and we can be extra attentive from now on for our cars, I'll surely be but wondering why MSIL didn't stuck by rubber sealing those glasses and windows from inside instead of outside due to which the thief easily removed the quarter glass using a screw driver (Yes, It is correct because I can notice marks of screw driver on that window pane).

1_M800.jpg

1_dashboard.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

These are pics when my car was "normal", Explaining what all and how has been ripped. I hope this thread can be useful for all and we can be extra attentive from now on for our cars, I'll surely be but wondering why MSIL didn't stuck by rubber sealing those glasses and windows from inside instead of outside due to which the thief easily removed the quarter glass using a screw driver (Yes, It is correct because I can notice marks of screw driver on that window pane)

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sorry to hear about your car.
Re the M800 Qtr window, a grille inside the quarter window is a favourite accessory, esp. up north in Delhi. You could look into that as an option.

Oh this is shocking , i first thought it was just a report but was shocked to know its actually your car!!

Even though it takes only few minutes i am just wondering how he managed to do it in a crowded area in day light that too!

And now i understand why that grill was fixed in the rear quarter window of 800!! But that can also be removed right if ample time is left in the night??

Last edited:
And now i understand why that grill was fixed in the rear quarter window of 800!! But that can also be removed right if ample time is left in the night??
A talented thief, with the right tools, opportunity and the time can get thru any and all security devices that you can install. But they work because the thief will prefer not to waste his time, and take a chance on getting caught, when there are easier targets available.
Hence a grille will make your car more secure than the one parked next to it, if it doesn't have a grille.
It is not how secure your car is, but how relatively secure your car is that matters.

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
We've got the car back from workshop today and is running fine and cops are taking steps to recover MP3. Till then check these pics where my Sony Stereo "used to" sit. [angry]

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

This is ECU, One of the most expensive equipment of any car.
DSC01101.jpg

This picture shows clear marks of screw driver through which burglar opened the quarter glass.
DSC01102.jpg

Sorry to hear about your car.
Re the M800 Qtr window, a grille inside the quarter window is a favourite accessory, esp. up north in Delhi. You could look into that as an option.
Yes Aditya, I've inquired about that grill today and will be installing it soon.

Even though it takes only few minutes i am just wondering how he managed to do it in a crowded area in day light that too!
This question is certainly in everyone's mind who has read the story.

Sorry to hear about this theft. Is your ECU not covered under the warranty by the insurance company.
Since the ECU is one of a most important part of any MPFi vehicle, It is covered under Insurance and actual cost of one for Maruti 800 5-Speed is about Rs. 15,000 and from insurance claim we're getting only Rs.6,000 - 7,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team
Came to know from somewhere that on very same day other 11 cars were included in stereo theft but mine included ECU too!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
They are "Investigating" !!
Another thing - As you can see in first picture above, My Remote Control was usually kept below stereo in the compartment, which the thief didn't missed to pick away, So he has got the almost complete set which I'm sure by now would have been sold off in some "Chor Bazaar". I'm like - [gun]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes these days lots of robberies going on. Almost all kind of robberies - car, house, snatching. Last Sunday my wife's gold chain was snatched by the bikers.

On saturday Rs.70 lacs were looted from some one car just next to the Police Station at Lawrence Road and that too at 8 PM at a very busy road

Hey what is happening in delhi.

And anuprav , the chain snatching is worse. More of it was taking place here and chennai some 5 to 8 months times. There was continuous snatches. Now its silent . And i am sure it will repeat.

My neighbor was snatched just in the street corner.
And a sumo was stolen in city here.

And top of it a scorpio , in next street was in high way , 4 of them in 2 bikes blocked them. took gold chain and mobile phones and dropped each of them at a 20kms interval and took the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom