The Truth About Mercedes Benz India

Thread Starter #17
Now comes the second part of that article which is even more shocking[surprise]

According to Cama Motors, there is a document where cars of the same series of chassis numbers have had their airbags replaced but such documents are maintained secretly by the company and such operations are carried out selectively by dealers.

It said, in 2007, Manish Patel, who was driving an E class Mercedes in Ahmedabad, lost his life when all three airbags in the front row failed to inflate. Similarly, in November 2011, Nirmal Saraf lost his life when travelling in a Mercedes S class as the airbag failed to open. In this accident only one airbag was inflated, unfortunately it was a vacant seat.

According to Cama Motors, in case of Manish Patel’s death, the company sent one engineer, Lothar Shuzzare from Germany to inspect the car. After repeated attempts, Mr Shuzzare and Mercedes Benz gave some incomprehensible technical data on a single sheet and now the company is saying that the data was destroyed since many years have passed. And yet, the same person was dispatched by the company to inspect the S class vehicle in which Nirmal Saraf died.

While in the first case Mr Shuzzare inspected the E Class of the Patel family at the spot, in the second case he demanded the S class vehicle to be handed over the Daimler AG for a report. “His claim was that the technology of Mercedes Benz is analyzable only by their own people. He even mentioned that the police in Europe also have to come to Daimler for investigating accidents,” Cama Motors said.

It added, “This is the stand of a man who has already submitted a report of airbag performance of our customer’s car with fake data! The truth is that Daimler never releases the full code and knowledge of control unit software so that market ready, freely available and legal scanning machines can fully read and analyse the memories and other devices of the car”.

Cama Motors, along with Vimal Saraf and a representative of the Patel family on 19 April 2012 met the Additional Director General of CCI. However, there is not much progress.
Mercedes Benz India, however, has refuted all the allegations made by Cama Motors. In an email response, it said, “We strongly refute all the allegations levelled against us. We find these comments highly defamatory, vexatious and frivolous in nature and Cama Motors (our estranged dealer) is trying to tarnish our image; as such Mercedes-Benz India will pursue suitable legal course of action. We would also like to mention that a defamatory suit has already been filed against Cama Motors in Ahmedabad for similar defamatory activities carried on by him.”

Rustom Cama says, “The battle between Cama Motors and Daimler AG is not contingent on anybody’s support or help and we will pursue our duty to its end. However the lack of regulation and the sorry state of this country where even the Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Commission (MRTPC) Act seemed better than its replacement cannot be handled by us. I am sure that the CCI does not even see itself as the relevant body for the range of issues raised by us and the ministries concerned have the impunity to disregard facts in spite of using the RTI act".

The battle may ultimately be fought in court, since Mr Cama has no intention of backing off and has spent considerable time and resources in piecing together information, purchasing testing equipment to prove his point and gathering evidence.
The truth about Mercedes India-2: Absence of regulation - Moneylife

I was even disgusted to post this article. people have lost their lives and companies like MB are trying to cover it up, shame on them

Very good this has come to light
I hope now peple abandon merce and buy only BMW and AUDI.
Hope merc goes packing soon [;)]

Oh, this one looks more worst Visran, I never thought even in my dreams that some thing like this will happen with a company like Merc !!, is it globalisation lead to a British rule in India again ??

Well this story has to be true
It has been broken by Sucheta Dalal - a upright journalist who also broke the 1992 stock market scam . Is this news in any leading newspaper like TOI etc?
This could really wipe out merc in India. In such affluent segment - reputation is all that matters

Thread Starter #21
Dig into this guy's last year a person met with an accident in S class and the airbags never deployed due to which the passenger died, go through this article

On November 12, 2011, 27 years old Nirmal Saraf, travelling in Mercedes S-class lost his life in an unfortunate road accident in Jaipur. He was on way to Agra when he rammed into a kiosk to avoid collision with a truck. The family, friends’ and the media are outraged against Mercedes as the very air bag which was meant for Nirmal ‘s safety, failed to open and save him from severe injuries. Nirmal who was married an year ago, was soon to become a father. Mercedes has not issued any statement so far and chooses to stay mum till the investigation.

This article is being posted to bring forth this unfortunate incident.

This is not the first time that Mercedes has failed to live upto its tall claims of safety. Nirmal ’s father says that he purchased such an expensive car just for his son ‘s protection. Mercedes Benz claims on its official website under S-Class Safety section that.
I feel the agony when a brand that claims that “Your safety is our priority” fails to provide the so called safety measures at the very time when they are needed the most. Though from the pictures it can be seen that crash was too fierce, but can the technical faults be spared that could have saved Nirmal’s life? Wasn’t it the responsibility of the company to come forth and accept their fault or even utter a word or two of compassion to the deceased’s family? I agree when Nirmal ‘s brother-in-law says “It feels like Mercedes has started taking Indian customers for granted and is just believing their brand name is enough to sell numbers.” For me, such companies remain just a brand name totally deprived of the responsibilities that come across with their stature.
Mercedes Benz Technical Failure causes Death | punjabiportal.com

I am impressed by below comment from the above link an eye opener for us Indian

nilesh prabhu 2 days ago
Even HP does the same thing, first they sell a printer and after two year provide no spare parts and compel customers to buy new printers.

Lol. Couldn't stop laughing after reading members anti-merc comments just because of this news. Will post in detail from my PC.

And those who think audi or bmw is better than merc, I am sure they have experienced none. Will post about deaths in bmws now.

Top Bottom