The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Thread Starter #137

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is the sound there while in motion or when parked?
In motion the sound is low compared to when in parking. (Yesterday, I have moved the car within my compound and realized this difference)

Also does sound increase when the speed of the vehicle increases?
Ah.. didn't get a chance to take her out and try driving in national highways or state highways (some areas around my place comes under the containment zone hence do not want to take risks and fight with cops) !

Hello members, i have a Tigor XT diesel, Dec 2017 model, the car is prestinely maintained, fuss free ownership, although had a few issues but wont count that in any sour taste as they have been sorted in warranty immediately by service team(kudos to tata service, waranty and P2P package), like change of steering rack assembly, front wheel bearings, engine mounts.
The car is used daily even in lockdown as family members are associated with essential goverment projects. The car has run 48000 km till date in the 32months of ownership. I am a light footed driver and enjoy some power boosts only on highways and open stretches.

But in a last few days I am facing a strange issue, while in motion if I am decelerating for a speedbump or a junction, even when I release my foot off the accelerator, the revvs suddenly climb(gradually rather then a quick boost or surge).

For ex. I am aproaching a junction and have raised off my foot from A pedal, and pressing the B pedal, I am deceleration from say 2k rpm to 1k rpm, now i let go the break, and the engine is at 1000 rpm it rises to 1500 rpm(and it stays there), and there is some acceleration, i press the break again & i can feel the pressure on braking(of the acceleration), then i press the clutch and then the acceleration subcedes. Sometimes the acceleration subcedes after just pressing the break but it takes 2-3 seconds.
This happens only during slowing down(in motion), and not during idling and start off.
Can someone throw light on what problem it can possibly be?

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am deceleration from say 2k rpm to 1k rpm, now i let go the break, and the engine is at 1000 rpm it rises to 1500 rpm(and it stays there), and there is some acceleration, i press the break again & i can feel the pressure on braking(of the acceleration), then i press the clutch and then the acceleration subcedes. Sometimes the acceleration subcedes after just pressing the break but it takes 2-3 seconds
I have heard these issues are related to EGR. Prominent in 2016~2017 Safari Storme but Not much idea on Tiago. I suggest you run a good OBD scan and then check the sensors. Also cleaning MAF sensor might help. Sometimes it could also be Fuel pressure regulator or Common Rail sensor.

@Nairrk
Check with the point 2 I had pointed sir, the noise is a whinning noise, so preliminary diagnosis is it is related with steering assembly, and which component among the same will depend on my point 2 (It can be steering EPS motor, rack, column ). Also do check with Tyres also (A punctured tyre , gradually flattening will produce noise , but it may or may not be prominent inside this much sometimes .

Hello members, i have a Tigor XT diesel, Dec 2017 model, the car is prestinely maintained, fuss free ownership, although had a few issues but wont count that in any sour taste as they have been sorted in warranty immediately by service team(kudos to tata service, waranty and P2P package), like change of steering rack assembly, front wheel bearings, engine mounts.
The car is used daily even in lockdown as family members are associated with essential goverment projects. The car has run 48000 km till date in the 32months of ownership. I am a light footed driver and enjoy some power boosts only on highways and open stretches.

But in a last few days I am facing a strange issue, while in motion if I am decelerating for a speedbump or a junction, even when I release my foot off the accelerator, the revvs suddenly climb(gradually rather then a quick boost or surge).

For ex. I am aproaching a junction and have raised off my foot from A pedal, and pressing the B pedal, I am deceleration from say 2k rpm to 1k rpm, now i let go the break, and the engine is at 1000 rpm it rises to 1500 rpm(and it stays there), and there is some acceleration, i press the break again & i can feel the pressure on braking(of the acceleration), then i press the clutch and then the acceleration subcedes. Sometimes the acceleration subcedes after just pressing the break but it takes 2-3 seconds.
This happens only during slowing down(in motion), and not during idling and start off.
Can someone throw light on what problem it can possibly be?
Disconnect both positive and negative cables from the battery for at least 12 hours like one night, connect them again and see if problem solved.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your prompt suggestions.

I have heard these issues are related to EGR. Prominent in 2016~2017 Safari Storme but Not much idea on Tiago. I suggest you run a good OBD scan and then check the sensors. Also cleaning MAF sensor might help. Sometimes it could also be Fuel pressure regulator or Common Rail sensor.
I am planning to book a service appointment probably coming monday have a good rapport with service people and they have been taking good care of my vehicle so will ask them to look into it while i will personally be there at the workshop.

@bhvm
Sorry sir , I missed that , my mistake, as you said EGR can be one point, also it can be with a faulty fuel filter too . Fuel pump or injector also can be a reason. Anyways an OBD scan will reveal a clear idea , if it is with Fuel pump or Injector
Had got the entire fuel filter set changed at 45000km, fuel injectors and the commonrail system were also inspected, at the same time and they were good, but machines are always uncertain, will check.

Disconnect both positive and negative cables from the battery for at least 12 hours like one night, connect them again and see if problem solved.
Will do this tonight and check if it works out.

It is quite surprising as i had done a major service at 45k km and within 3k km this problem has come up.
Anyways i will first proceed with disconnecting the terminals and check. If issue still persists i might have to go to the workshop.

Thread Starter #149

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Nairrk
Check with the point 2 I had pointed sir, the noise is a whinning noise, so preliminary diagnosis is it is related with steering assembly, and which component among the same will depend on my point 2 (It can be steering EPS motor, rack, column ). Also do check with Tyres also (A punctured tyre , gradually flattening will produce noise , but it may or may not be prominent inside this much sometimes .
Thanks
All the tyres are with correct air pressure.
The sound comes somewhere from the steering wheel itself and not anywhere deep.
As explained earlier, the same thing happened during/after last monsoon and the sound slowly vanished after driving couple of times. So, I want to try same logic this time too before doing anything .!

But won't some hardware be associated anyways to the software program, which might be the root cause.
ECM and BCM learns the valve positions based on real time driving after reset. This is the first step instead of going to mechanical findings. If not works OBD scanning along with manual checking of sensors (OBD scanner most of the times will fail to address the issue) voltages, resistances and mechanical fault findings necessary.

Top Bottom