The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

Thread Starter #121

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My Tigor: Today, first time since the lockdown i.e. after 57 days I have taken her out for a small drive (just one km). My wife wanted to buy this month ration and the Free Kit supplied by the government (they promised to give the free kit in the first week of the lockdown but we got the turn only now [roll]} .

Didn't find any problem on the car - A/c cooling was nice and everything was working fine. (during these days, I used to start the car once in every week and kept it running for alteast 7/10 minutes and also move the car forward and reverse just to get the tyres rotated).

Periodical service has been already overdue, but the dealer service centre is not fully working now. Will have to wait for their call.!

Thread Starter #122

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi guys,

Booked for the next service on the 18th of this month, provided I get a driver from the service centre to pick up and drop (I don't prefer to drive the car to the service centre and wait there for few hours especially during present situation). During the service time I want to do another job on my Blaupunkt system, installed on the car.

When I installed the Blaupunkt 970 on my car, removing the OEM music system, the OEM reverse sensor function also stopped. Now, I checked with those guys who fitted the system to enable those sensors. They advise that we need to fit a VPS module on the Blaupunkt so that the sensors will start functioning.

According to the technician it will cost close to Rs.4000 for the VPS module. Is this expensive or the VPS modules cost this much??

Thread Starter #123

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My car came back today after the service and fixing the Video Parking Sensor.

As planned, I have asked them to send a driver to pick up and drop service and accordingly the driver (same guy came couple times earlier) came yesterday morning and took the car. Job card opened at 9:45AM and completed service at 12:30PM and then handed over the car to Accessories guys.

They started the installation work of the VPS after 2PM and completed the work by 4:30PM. However, they took my permission to deliver the car today because some of the area enroute the service center declared as a Hotspot two days back, hence the driver was not willing to travel after 5:30PM.

I too agreed to their request and accordingly they washed the car this morning and the driver brought the car in the afternoon

Total Service Bill came to Rs.1630/-

Minor service (every 7500Kms) - Rs.650
Brake oil top up/4 wheel Brake cleaning - Rs.550
Standard checks/consumables - Rs.170
Plus Taxes - Total Rs.1630/-

There was no complaint from my side so there are no major things to attend during this service.

The Driver told me (and shown me the reading) that he got the fuel economy of 17kmpl during his drive from the service center to my home, which is very good as I never seen it more than 14kmpl so far.!

The Video Parking sensor with voice command from brand Torq G99 (model T-300). I had to pay Rs.3500 including installation (bill shows Rs.2900 plus tax and it comes to 3500)

VPS is connected into my Blaupunkt system and it shows the distance to objects on the rear left side/rear right side and total rear side. I like the system.

The VPS image taken from the company website:

FireShot Capture 039 -  - .png

Will post a couple of photos tomorrow to see how it looks on the screen when reversing the car...

Thread Starter #124

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Some photos showing the Video parking sensor in action:

IMG_20200620_101431.jpg

0.4M, the point where I stopped/parked my car​

IMG_20200620_101656.jpg

No beep sound, but the voice will come saying 1 meter distance​

side.jpg

(2 arrows in the left side indicating that something is there close to the rear left side of the car (yes my scooter was parked there)​

4.jpg

(you will get continuous beep sound as well as a voice warning when you are this distance )​

5.jpg

(at this point, i.e. less than 0.3M, you get STOP warning, long beep as well as voice command saying Stop stop stop )​

Thread Starter #125

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Since the first lockdown, my car has been sleeping in the garage except that I just move the car within my compound once in a week.

10 days back, I drove the car to a relative house (just 10kms away from my home) for some urgent meet and came back after some time (total run 20kms). It's rainy season here and the car becomes dirty with road side mud and other things so I decided to give a water wash next day. Accordingly washed the car nicely and parked her again.

Today, I started the car and tried to move but car was not moving as it seems the wheel or wheels are stuck/locked. When pressing the accelerator the car is only jerking as if hand brake was engaged. But I am sure the hand brake is already released. Tried to push on reverse gear, but same result.

Then I remember the same thing happened earlier with my Maruti Alto K10. When the car was stuck without moving, I asked my B/law to bring a mechanic. The mechanic came with a couple of tools along with a big hammer. He straightaway hit one of the rear wheels with the hammer few times and again repeated the same thing on the other wheel. And the wheel got freed and the problem solved. Knowing this trick, I straight away took a hammer and hit the right rear wheel (on the tyre) 3/4 times and voila the wheel started moving. Started the car and moved here and there for a few times and then parked the car again.

The villain here was the hand-brake which was engaged immediately after a water wash, which resulted the jamming of the hand-brake/drum

Lesson learned - Never engage the hand brake after a water wash on the tyres, Also avoid engaging the hand brake when the car needed to be parked for long periods instead keep a wooden (or something similar) piece under the rear wheel/s to prevent the wheel moving forward/backward.

Also, whilst parking, always engage the gear (first or reverse gear).

Thread Starter #126

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My Tigor having some problem after the rainy season (not fully over yet). There is a peculiar sound coming while rotating the steering wheel. In addition to rain, the car is almost idle because of the prevailing Covid-19 situation. Had this sound problem during the last monsoon also but it was very minimal and gone once monsoon was over and after doing a couple of drives.

Now, the sound seems a little high, maybe because the car never ran during the monsoon (last 3 months) except that a couple of small drives within 25kms distance. I expect that the sound goes off on its own, as in the past, once started driving out (but when? [roll])

What could be the reason for this sound arising from steering?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Yes agreed,the sound is very much there.Looks like something or some part desperately needs lubrication/oiling/greasing.
Please do not move the steering so many times right and left and lock to lock ,on totally stationary wheels.It quite stresses the power steering motor and the whole setup.

Thread Starter #133

Nairrk

Honoured Member
In my opinion just drive at least 50km to 100km if still persists we will take a call.
Yes, I like to but in the present situation with many areas are still in containment zone do not know where to drive. Also, general instructions from the Police as well as health department is that people above 65 years should not go out, so I am into this age bracket ( [roll] ) and want to avoid an unnecessary scene if caught with them on the way. Will try soon to take out the car at least for some short drive ,.!

Yes agreed,the sound is very much there.Looks like something or some part desperately needs lubrication/oiling/greasing.
Please do not move the steering so many times right and left and lock to lock ,on totally stationary wheels.It quite stresses the power steering motor and the whole setup.
Yes, I agree with you doc.

In the meanwhile, I am thinking whether I should forward the video to my Service center and ask for their opinion/suggestions?

Thread Starter #135

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Looks like Lubrication or Greasing issue.
Is this Hydraulic or EPS ? If Hydraulic do check the Oil level or Possibly there is air in the system.
Thanks.
The sound was not there before the monsoon and also the service was done on 18th June 2020 so probably they must have checked all such items?
As explained, it happens only during the monsoon season and when the car was idling for a long time. The sound was there even last year, but disappeared after driving a couple of trips, however, this time the idling is much more due to the Covid situation.
Before doing anything, I just want to drive some distance and then see if there is any change effective for the sound?

Shall keep you all updated

Top Bottom