The Tiger – My Tata Tigor XZA

@Suryaputhra
Disconnect both positive and negative cables from the battery for at least 12 hours like one night, connect them again and see if problem solved.
Thank you for the suggestion, tried it, disconnected the battery for 12hrs and the Tigor did not show up the issue there after, also contrary to what many people say(post EGM reset) there is no negative/adverse change felt in driving(power snapping, lower pickup, the mid also shows good mileage). So overall the driving experience remains unchanged at the same time the abrupt acceleration issue has vanished.

@Suryaputhra

Thank you for the suggestion, tried it, disconnected the battery for 12hrs and the Tigor did not show up the issue there after, also contrary to what many people say(post EGM reset) there is no negative/adverse change felt in driving(power snapping, lower pickup, the mid also shows good mileage). So overall the driving experience remains unchanged at the same time the abrupt acceleration issue has vanished.
Good hear your problem solved. If any technical queries feel free to ask me.

Thread Starter #153

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Steering wheel sound - update

Yesterday I got a chance to drive her out for about 18kms. The drive was smooth and the sound came when turning the car (left, right and U-turn etc.).
Today morning, I checked the steering, and I could realize that the sound is reduced and it comes only on initial movement and no sound when turning full right or left. .

I Hope, maybe, in another couple of drives may sort out the sound problem !

Shall keep you all updated.

Thread Starter #154

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Took her twice since last drive and driven about 24kms. First it was on 31st August and while going out from home the sound was very low, but had to park the car under the sun for about 3 hours. While we returning back from that place the sound increased (even a small movement produced that sound). Just came home and parked her.

Today took her out for taking PUC (around 5kms drive). The sound has again come down (say 80% reduced). Now, from the last 2 drives, I found that the sound has gone up when she was parked under the sun and the sound came down on its own in last 3 days when she was parked under the covered parking.

Is that excess heat, the cause of the sound?

Thread Starter #156

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Did not drove her out anywhere since my last small trip (as said in post no. 154), but it's been raining here since yesterday and the weather becomes cool now. Checked steering wheel and 99% sound disappeared. Now having only a very minor sound in the initial movement.

So, it seems to idle the car for long with hot weather outside, resulting the sound? Will check/discuss this on the next service. .

Thread Starter #157

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Last week I bought an anti slip PVC pad for dashboard. It comes in black colour good firm grip and can hold cell phones, sunglasses, keys and miscellaneous small items. It properly fits on the centre of the dashboard where there is a small deep area which seems made for this accessory.

Backside of the pad is very shiny (black). Looks like it weighs around 50/60gms. Price Rs.245 all inclusive.

Mat dimension: 18.5X12.5X1.5 cm (actual)

Kept my smartphone on top of it and took the car for small drive.. Applied sudden brakes and sharp left/right turn, etc. but the phone did not move at all from the pad.

DSC09680.JPG

DSC09681.JPG

DSC09684.JPG

Back side of the pad

+

DSC09685.JPG

Centre of the Dashboard where the pad has to be placed

DSC09689.JPG

DSC09691.JPG
The pad fits perfectly in that space​

This is how the seller describes the product: This Imported Non Slip, Anti Slip, Anti Skid Mats/ Pad has been exclusively designed to be placed on your Car Dashboard helps you keep your mobile safe on the dashboard or anywhere in the car while you are driving. It keeps your phone from slipping anywhere and it's texture enhances your car's interior.

Thread Starter #158

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New purchase - bought a set of Freshcant Moisture Absorber (Silica Gel). The pack comes with a combo of 3 fragrances - Lavender, Rose and Charcoal.

The company claims that FRESHCANT by CILICANT traps excess moisture, eliminates musty odour, and refreshes every place with its fresh scent technology. It can be used in Car, Kitchen, Shoe cabinet, Bookshelf, Dining room and closet.

Cost: Rs.354/-

Silica.jpg

silica1.jpg

silica2.jpg

silica3.jpg

silica4.jpg

silica5.jpg

FireShot Capture 017 - Freshcant Moisture Absorber ( Pack of 3 - 1 Lavender + 1 Rose + 1 Cha_ ...png

Link

Thread Starter #159

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Just got delivered another item - Glass Wiper Car Window Cleaner

3 In 1 Window Glass Cleaner Wiper Scraper Brush Cleaning Tools. I have not yet used it but looks good for emergency (during long drive) cleaning of the windshield. Have seen others using it, hence decided to buy one.

What they claim:

1. Gentle and delicate scratching will not hurt the surface.

2. Ergonomically comfortable design for easy operation

3. Multi-functional window glass cleaner brush, one-piece design.

4. With spray, scrape, brush three major functions. The nozzle can be adjusted in three positions and used up to you.

5. Can spray or direct spray, easy to use

6. Microfiber towel cloth headgear, soft material, will not scratch the surface of the object. Special glass cleaner, tile cleaner, spray design

• Handle length: 31.5 cm
  • Handle diameter: 4 cm
  • Brush width: 15.5 cm
  • Width scraper: 13.2 cm
  • Weight: 215 gm
Specification:
  • Multi-purpose: It can be used for cleaning glass, walls, car, floor, and bath crock. It is also suitable for all kinds of glasses.
  • 3 in 1 tool: It contains a water spray, a cleaning sponge, and a cleaning squeegee. It makes cleaning stains a lot easier.
  • Practical and durable: It’s a great cleaning tool that fits the house, hotel, and cleaning service.

a6936af4-2b24-4a17-bab2-fe5c9497844b.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpeg

IMG_20211227_112526.jpg

IMG_20211227_112534.jpg

IMG_20211227_112547.jpg

IMG_20211227_112600.jpg

Link

Thread Starter #160

Nairrk

Honoured Member
20/05/2023

It's time for the next major service (Paid). I took the car to the Tata service centre in my locality (they have now opened a service centre just 2.5kms away from home which is very convenient for me to do the job - previously I need to travel around 45kms -one way- for any kind of job). Reached the service centre at 9:45Am (time slot given by them was 10:10am) and shown the car to them.

The last service done was on 18th June 2020. Only about 2000kms done after that service and thereafter repeated covid lockdown etc., I did not take the car for any service so far. The SA looked at his computer and found that the car was not serviced for almost 3 years and immediately advised that need a Major Service which would work out to Rs.10000/-

The shining of the body was looking dim (did not do any polishing since purchase/delivery), and SA proposed Teflon coating which costs Rs.4250 (normal waxing/polishing Rs.3000). I agreed to do the Teflon coating on all over the body.

The shark antenna which was purchased online and fitted on my car started loosening hence I requested them to replace it with original antenna which I kept in the Glove box.Initially the SA said that if we remove the shark antenna then there will be some stain (marking of the sticker used to fit the shark antenna) around that area, but when I agreed to do the Teflon coating, they agreed to do refit the original antenna

IMG_20230521_093243.jpg

The broken shark antenna purchased online​

They took the full day and finally delivered the car to me at 5:45Pm. After the service the Car really looked shiny and I felt lot of changes while driving back home. I drove the car around 40kms yesterday and I felt it very smooth / quick AC cooling even after parking the car under the sun for more than 90minutes.

The total bill for this service came to Rs.12, 792/- inclusive of all taxes. The break up of the expenses alongwith list of services carried out are given below:

Engine Oil (Magnatec Pro T SW30 (210Lx1) 3.5L - Rs.1848
Oil Fileter Assy - Rs.171
Seal Washer oil Sump drain - Rs.22
Windshield fluid 50ml - Rs.85
Brake fluid 250ml - Rs.224
Coolent premix 4 ltr - Rs.848
Spark plug 3 - Rs.360
Anabond 666T (25gm) - Rs.100
Wiper blade - Rs.597
Filer cap Air intake filter - Rs.241
Handling charges (AC filter replaced) - Rs.177
Handling charges - consumables - Rs.118
Remove & instal brake disc - RS.270.81
Replace brake pads - Brake cleaning & Calipper setting - Rs.240.72
Brake system check and determine condition,Rear brake cleaning and Handbrake adjusted - Rs.782.34
Brake oil top up (Brake bleeding) - Rs.483.80
Wurth Polymer coating - Rs. 4251,54
Major service (every 15000kms) - Rs.1593

Total paid - Rs.12,792/-

Teflon coating on body - They advise that one free coating will be done within 12 months or in next service time, whichever is earlier.

Couple pictures taken just now (service done on 20th May):

IMG_20230522_092911.jpg

IMG_20230522_092837.jpg

Tigor original Antenna re-insallted

IMG_20230522_092847.jpg

IMG_20230522_092923.jpg

IMG_20230522_092955.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Thread Starter #161

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is my car battery is down?

It's been raining heavily here since last 3 days and the weather is chilly. I just wanted to start my car engine and leave idle for some time but when I attempted to start the engine and its not firing.

After the last service, the car done only 80 kms (I had to do cataract surgery on my eyes on 12th June and 21st June hence no chance of going out of the house) but last week I started the car and moved within the compound, checked A/C running etc.

If battery life is considered by a number of years, then it is almost 5 years old - does this mean the battery life is over?

If battery life is considered by a number of years, then it is almost 5 years old - does this mean the battery life is over?
Most likely your battery is dead. Stock batteries usually last only 2 years or so (18 months warranty). Lucky for you it worked for 5 years.

Thread Starter #164

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Looks like. Better replace it to save any embarrassment on the road.
Most likely your battery is dead. Stock batteries usually last only 2 years or so (18 months warranty). Lucky for you it worked for 5 years.
Thanks both you guys.

Whilst I was checking with some YouTube contents about this engine not cranking etc., someone was suggesting to check the immobilizer light whether to see any problem with Key or system.

I then checked the Owners manual wherein it is written as:

-Immobilizer lamp comes on when the systen disables the engine starting if the original key is not used

-Lamp blinks: Vehicle is in immobilized condition when key is not inserted

-Lamp ON: Problem with Key/system - contact TAMO service centre

-Lamp OFF: Normal condtitiion

I just wanted to try again and reached the car but shocked that parking lights were on. Opened the door and checked and found all switches were off and immobilizer lamp is in OFF condition?.

I then cleaned the key with a dry cloth (suspected some dampness due to heavy rain and chilly weather condition) and then inserted the key. Immobilizer Lamp started blinking so its sure that there is no problem with immobilizer.

Removed the key and cleaned the key once again and inserted and cranked. The engine fired as usual and the problem solved now. So, the culprit seems dampness on the key which resulted in not cranking the engine as well as parking light not going off even after the key was removed.

However, as you guys suggested and the car is now almost close to 5 years, I need to check /replace the battery to avoid any future problems.

Thread Starter #165

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Again battery problem?

Yesterday morning when I tried to start the car, it wasn't fully cranking (Android screen was on). Turned the key off /on and again tried but same result. Now, switched off the android screen and tried again and this time the engine started. (I never use to pump the accelerator whenever tries to start the engine and same way I started the engine yesterday).

After seeing google search replies, I checked the battery using the multimeter and the reading shown as 12.4 when the engine was off. I think this reading looks good, but I am not happy with what happened yesterday.

In view of this situation, I am seriously thinking to change the battery and checked the Batterybhai.com who suggests below models for the Tata Tigor Petorl variant.:

Tata Green DIN44R-PR2424 (44Ah) - Rs.5100/-
Exide FMLO-MLDIN44R (44Ah) - Rs.4700/-
SF Sonic F4WO-HX-DIN47RMF (47Ah) - Rs.4300/-
Amaron AAM-FL-550113042R (50Ah) - Rs.4700/-

Did not check the price with any local battery store yet.

Any guidance/recommendations guys?

Thanks

Top Bottom