The Tata Sierra Restoration Project

Re: Project Tata Sierra

Thanks guys

First I just got this vehicle some 6months before - used it for a month r so and gave to Ilango.

Before that I did some engine refinement. Initially I planned to port a safari engine.

But considering the registration issues when we exchange the engine, I thot to something else.

Rebored the engine with little extra volume and paired that with safari head assembly.

Now my engine become almost equal power of safari but with same sierra engine.

Also changed few others parts like Air filter assembly, Free flow exhaust - to sync up for increase in volume.

Thinking of some other performance improvements if somebody suggest :)
FFE for diesel car. Is it possible?????[confused][confused]

Free Flow exhaust - I meant , change in exhaust line to support extra power of the engine and get smooth engine sound.

I dint know FFE got some other technical term :-p

Thread Starter #33

sierra / old safari/ sumo , sumo victa share same bore and stroke.

so there is no need to make the exhaust diameter bigger. it will reduce back pressure.
back pressure is needed for meagre amount to engine.

Reboaring with upsize is normal practise and that will not affect much.

will be fixing the xenon head lamp by today evening. and will be working on front design in a couple of days.

stay tuned !
cheers

350Z

Core Team

If you people don’t mind me asking, how much is the estimated cost involved in modifying Sierra in such a condition?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I dont know about old safari, but Sierra and Sumo doesnot have same exhaust - alteast the muflur. I saw both of them.
Also could sense the difference in Sound and pickup when changed in other Sierra.

Mine yet to be changed though

Free Flow exhaust - I meant , change in exhaust line to support extra power of the engine and get smooth engine sound.

I dint know FFE got some other technical term :-p

FFE is Free Flow Exhaust only. And why cant you try adding the exhaust system in the front near both the doors like heavy duty Lorries in Foreign. Do you get what i meant?[surprise]

350Z

Core Team

The work seems to be progressing really well. Tata Safari tail lamps match nicely, and which headlamps are you going to fit in there now?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

Head lamps fixed , check post number 38.
and in later part of pictures the head lamp is safely wrapped to avoid damages on further work.

its tata xenon lamp

350Z

Core Team

Alright. Didn't notice the earlier posts. Quite curious to see the final outcome. How long is it going to take?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom