The Tata Sierra Restoration Project

ilango[speed thirst];80918 said:
in painting stage.

interior liner work over.
electrical work going on.

will be painted in a week.
Oh okay. I think your work has stretched too long. But hope finally wait will be worth it. [thumbsup]

I saw this car when i visited Pondicherry recently , the progress on the works in the car is a bit slow. I think the car is still with the electrician only.

But looked nice though personally i am not a fan of rear doors in a Sierra!

350Z

Core Team
So the colour has been decided to Silver? This shade is truly looking brilliant. You must consider something on the similar lines for your Sierra too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #66
The colour was changed in subsequent discussion.
this is BMW shade of silver grey effect , code A08. Dupont

Mentioning the colour code in forum so that others coulb be benefitted and also act as a reminder for me!

350Z

Core Team
Sure, it will benefit. I cannot wait to have a glimpse of fully finished car. This project has stretched a bit too long indeed. Any plans to replace the wheels? I can notice the difference in front and rear of them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ilango showed me matt finish in my car too when painting was done after repairing the dent , it looked awesome in real![thumbsup]

And about this Sierra i thought it will be normal silver but this Bmw shade silver is looking cool!

ilango[speed thirst];82573 said:
before and after the clear coat.

The car is given a matt finish. Not too much of matt , but a light tinge of matt. so less shining. more of ROAR
Simply stunning to see that Ilango. When compared the car from its first pic to the recent one, it looks fantastic.
OT: Why does one have a Matt finish? Wouldn't it be good when it's glossy?

Also, i got a idea about the inspiration for your new drive.[evil]

Thread Starter #71
@ true city . it was the customer's wish to have matt finish!

@archit , what do you mean by clean them as soon as possible. ?

its just a type of paint with dull finish instead of the glossiness.

i meant if there is bird dropping then one must clean ASAP in matte paint but in normal paint, one can clean later also. is it true?

All ,

I am happy the way car has come. [:)]

@350Z - Yes I am planning to change tyres to Safari OE size like in Ilango's Sierra.

@type-r - As u said cleaning is needed in regular basis for matte finish, as strains/dust will stick in the body. But considering the look, this can be managed. And I have cleaning person in my appartment who does water wash daily [;)] . Also as Ilango said my car is not 100% matte. Its mix of both.

Excellent job Ilango. The modification has turned out really well.

@Haribabu: Nice choice of color buddy. With clear coat the job is looking muh better than OE finish.

Top Bottom