The Tale of My Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #1
My Hyundai i10 has just surpassed 20000kms odo. So I thought of travelling down the memory lane with my i10. So here goes my ownership review.

First let me provide the car details:
Make: Hyundai i10 Sportz, 2010
Purchased: Dec 2010 from Kun automobiles, Kondapur, Hyderabad
Price: 5,06,000(on road)
Free accessories: Teflon & Anti-rust coating, Sun film(average), mud flaps, car cover, etc.

Background:
Earlier I owned an old(94 model) and a very basic M800(in good running condition), sold it off thru sulekha for 35k. So I needed a new car now. Me & wify considered the following cars and rejected:
WagonR: We felt back seat space uncomfortable for 3, and moreover it looks like a mini ambulence from side view(no offence to WagonR owners here)
Alto: Good but old model
Ritz: Discarded right away the moment we saw its rear shape.
Santro: Excellent in all aspects but again an old model
Spark: The back lights appear like ghost eyes
Figo: Excellent but we were a bit worried about low FE & high spare cost, also we were not sure of its service center coverage.

So finally we settled down on i10 with these thoughts:
Stylish looking, Spacious interiors, Comfortable & good serviceability
And then the debate on which version to go for: Magna or Sportz. Magna was costing ~30k less than Sportz, hence my wife was voting for Magna, but I wanted Sportz. I won[glasses]

Ok now the review:
FE in city: Consistently gives an FE of 15 kmpl with AC on 50% of the time,
FE on highway: 17 kmpl with AC ON most of the time and with speeds ranging from 80-120.

Here's list of pros & cons I remember about my i10(mind you I am no automobile expert, so these are purely my thoughts):
+comfortable drive
+no issues with ac, music system, etc
+stylish(I am still not bored by its looks)
+felt comfortable negotiating ghat roads
-high dashboard(can't even place a book or newspaper on it)
-slow pickup during uphill drive(I think M800 was better)

History: Done 3 free services & 1 paid service
Never faced any problem with the car, however like most cars it also has got its own share of minor scratches & dents [frustration]:

Finally I can say I am a happy & proud owner of my i10[thumbsup]

Thanks
travelfreak

Travelfreak,
Faster response from your side by updating the ownership review with the pic.
Nice color choice !
I am sure the above posted pic will tent your mind to glance over the memories of the day you recieved the car.[:)]

Good to see your i10 travelfreak.
It seems good colour selection.
I think your would be i10 1.2 kappa sportz.
i'm i right?
Do you have any idea of i10 1.1 irde2 magnum?
one of my uncle is buying it.
i dont have any idea about hyundai and i10.But driven only santro.
Are you sitting inside the car?
post some more pictures.Awaiting for more.

Hey travelfreak, congrats on i10.

A friend of mine has recently bought i10, I would like your honest review on following two points:

- Is the steering consistently fine all the times. My friend complaints of hardening of steering at turns, and otherwise light on straight roads.
- How is the performance with A.C? my friend says that it becomes too slow in pickup with A.C, and overtaking is difficult with A.C.

Have you experienced such things as mentioned above.

Congrats again.

Thread Starter #7
Good to see your i10 travelfreak.
It seems good colour selection.
I think your would be i10 1.2 kappa sportz.
i'm i right?
Do you have any idea of i10 1.1 irde2 magnum?
one of my uncle is buying it.
i dont have any idea about hyundai and i10.But driven only santro.
Are you sitting inside the car?
post some more pictures.Awaiting for more.
Hi Raj, yes its 1.2 kappa sportz.
sorry no idea about i10 1.1 irde2 magnum.
yes, its me inside the car [:)]
Hey travelfreak, congrats on i10.

A friend of mine has recently bought i10, I would like your honest review on following two points:

- Is the steering consistently fine all the times. My friend complaints of hardening of steering at turns, and otherwise light on straight roads.
- How is the performance with A.C? my friend says that it becomes too slow in pickup with A.C, and overtaking is difficult with A.C.

Have you experienced such things as mentioned above.

Congrats again.
Thanks buddy, here's my honest review on ur queries:
1. Well, I have not faced this issue with steering(could be subtle issue, may be I need to observe more closely next time I negotiate a turn)
2. Yes I too feel so about A.C, sometimes I have to switch off AC while overtaking(I forgot I add this point in my review[frustration])

Then your switching off the AC with 1.2 engine then what would be the condition with 1.1 engine. But i love the i10. I'm surprised to see this issues in i10. As i have some experience with santro i really like that.but have not seen this issue with that. But i think i would not have driven in some way i need to switch of AC.being testdriving wagonr did you feel to switch offing AC.I think nowadays new generation cars can switch off ac compressor automaticlly when gas is pressed in excess.which i have seen in 800. When we drive it above 110 ac automatically off then you can find some hotness insde the cabin

Thanks buddy, here's my honest review on ur queries:
1. Well, I have not faced this issue with steering(could be subtle issue, may be I need to observe more closely next time I negotiate a turn)
2. Yes I too feel so about A.C, sometimes I have to switch off AC while overtaking(I forgot I add this point in my review[frustration])
1. The steering hardness on my firend's i10 is not subtle by any means. It can be noticed by anyone who drives it. We reported this to the hyundai workshop but they don't agree that its an issue. The guys say that its supposed to be like this only. Power steering and all that funda.
2. Nothing can be done about A.C it seems, it is what it is.

Anyways, enjoy your i10 and drive safe.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Excellent and very Honest review.
Your Rejection of Other cars made me Chuckle! Very innocent.
Have you felt That the AC of i10 is too cold? I mean I feel that the compressor never cuts off and the AC keeps cooling regardless of Temperature Knob position ( I keep between Blue and Red lines). In the morning, sometimes I have to manually switch the AC to OFF, its that cold.

Nice ownership review.

I had Maruti WagonR for city Ride ( Innova for highway surfing), but wife wanted automatic one & i10 was probably only choice & hence gone for that in 2011, & till today ODO rest at ~25K.

Main difference with your vehicle:-

Pros:
- gear & clutch free drive, so my wife, daughter & father all happy with i10 because of hassle free driving.

Con:
- FE is 10-11 kmpl only (100% city driving, almost AC on)
- require little rev up when need to do overtaking, ( feel gear downshifting )

Last edited:

Top Bottom