The Tablet PC Buying Thread: Ask Your Queries Here

Re: Which Tablet PC To Buy in India?

yup, appus is right!
calling one costs 26k, which is way above your budget
the one at FK does not support calls

Hi Iron_Rock
Not specific to any tablet but in general, personally, I would look for 3G SIM slot in tablet for on-the-go internet access and would not bother about calling facility because we have phones for that. and that would be my humble suggestion to you.

Hi Iron_Rock
Not specific to any tablet but in general, personally, I would look for 3G SIM slot in tablet for on-the-go internet access and would not bother about calling facility because we have phones for that. and that would be my humble suggestion to you.
But brother can't we use wifi sharing from the phone ? Saves bill of extra SIM card and data charges . My iPad is wifi only I allways access Internet on the go by making my lumia a wifi hot spot .

It depends, I would have a cheap internet 3G plan sim (say Reliance) in my tab but a reliable network (say Vodafone) in my phone.

Gentlemen/Experts need your inputs, I need to upgrade a 7inch android tablet user to something bigger/better. Budget around 15k. My requirements are :-

1) Good processor adequate for non gaming needs
2) Minimum 1GB DDR3 RAM
3) SIM Slot with calling facility (If its Dual Sim even better) - dont need the dongle ones.
4) GPRS capability
5) GPS
6) A screen size bigger than 7 inch, ideally HD IPS.

Suggestions and advice please ?
If you're not really in a hurry to purchase one, my suggestion is to wait for the nexus 7 2nd generation. It's the most VFM tablet you could possibly get now. It's about to be released in India at most by the end of this year. [:)]

It depends, I would have a cheap internet 3G plan sim (say Reliance) in my tab but a reliable network (say Vodafone) in my phone.
I just use vodaphone 3G on my phone and share the connection to my iPad .

In return I save money by buying only the wifi model of a tablet since 3G models are more expensive , and no extra sim or data charges . One sim and one data pack enough to use on both phone and tablet [:)].

Just shared what I prefer .

Hi Iron_Rock
Yeah i fully understand where you are coming from, but the place where this tab will be used - there is nobody around for kms. Its not from a purpose of being mobile. I need the tab because there is hardly any mobile network there (leave aside land-line broadband), I dont get signal indoors , outdoors is also weak - if the wind direction is right I should be able to catch some data signal.

yup, appus is right!
calling one costs 26k, which is way above your budget
the one at FK does not support calls
Yes wonder why a radio chip costs 6k when you already have a full slim slot and other hardware!

This just got launched today Canvas-Tab-P650 - at least a brand which is respected and meets most of my needs i think :-

Micromax - Nothing like Anything

Thanks Bharadwaj will consider.

Last edited:

mmx one looks good specs wise. aluminium body will add to its appeal.

plus point is 16gb internal memory, 1.2 GHz quad core processor and being 8" with calling facility which is close to your required 10".

battery is less @ 4800mAH but is not a deal breaker. But as you said cell signal is an issue, signal quality/3G/edge will be more taxing on the battery.

ticks all your main requirements and price is also close to your budget @ 16500. should retail less if this is the MRP.

Re: The Tablet PC Buying Thread : Ask your Queries here

The Micromax one will do the needed.
The MTC Slate will also do the needed.
Galaxy Tab 2/3 will also do the needed.

Hi,
Please help me choose a tab. My needs are,
1) budget 5-7k
2) 7-9 inch
3) to be used for ICE and GPS
4) to see my email, word, excel, websites like Tai, Fb, naukri.
5) calling facility
6) attachable keyboard.
7) touchscreen
8) don't mind chinese.
Help / advise would be appreciated.

Top Bottom