The Tablet PC Buying Thread: Ask Your Queries Here

Re: Which Tablet PC To Buy in India?

Gentlemen/Experts need your inputs, I need to upgrade a 7inch android tablet user to something bigger/better. Budget around 15k. My requirements are :-

1) Good processor adequate for non gaming needs
2) Minimum 1GB DDR3 RAM
3) SIM Slot with calling facility (If its Dual Sim even better) - dont need the dongle ones.
4) GPRS capability
5) GPS
6) A screen size bigger than 7 inch, ideally HD IPS.

Suggestions and advice please ?

Last edited:

Gentlemen/Experts need your inputs, I need to upgrade a 7inch android tablet user to something bigger/better. Budget around 15k. My requirements are :-

1) Good processor adequate for non gaming needs
2) Minimum 1GB DDR3 RAM
3) SIM Slot with calling facility (If its Dual Sim even better) - dont need the dongle ones.
4) GPRS capability
5) GPS
6) A screen size bigger than 7 inch, ideally HD IPS.

Suggestions and advice please ?
Check this out.
iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G Dual Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 7" IPS 1GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay

Thanks Aneesh VikyJoshi so far in my shortlist I have :-

iberry corex4
xoloqc800
mtv swipe slate

Any others that match all my needs and need considering ?

@IR

I am bit poor on this tablet PCs, is this for your own usage. Are you replacing this any other thing like laptop and what is your intended use

@IR

I am bit poor on this tablet PCs, is this for your own usage. Are you replacing this any other thing like laptop and what is your intended use
No not me but just wanted to buy for a sr. citizen - intended use is largely browsing, email, calling - light weight stuff

under 10k this is also good, it does not have a GPU. so if games are not your priority then this is value for money.
Lenovo A2107 Tablet - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
I saw a few Lenovo tabs including this, quality is pretty good, even though this one is dual sim, you need to root it to enable calling. Calling is must for me. Plus ideally looking for a slightly bigger screen size, I wish there was a 10 inch dual sim tab in the market.

No not me but just wanted to buy for a sr. citizen - intended use is largely browsing, email, calling - light weight stuff

I saw a few Lenovo tabs including this, quality is pretty good, even though this one is dual sim, you need to root it to enable calling. Calling is must for me. Plus ideally looking for a slightly bigger screen size, I wish there was a 10 inch dual sim tab in the market.
lol
i have a 10.1" sony XTZ , believe me this one being super light ( not even half a kg) but passing such a size as a phone would seriously require courage. Unless your relative will be using a BT device for the phone usage.

If usage as phone is of paramount importance, i would stick to 7" only. give me some time and i will revert with some good choices soon.

Thank you sir, yes offcourse BT is used for calling. Usage as phone will be limited though.

Last edited:

among the good brands i would suggest these 2 which are in your price bracket.

Asus FonePad
FonePad is fitted with a 7-inch LED display offering 1280x800 pixel resolution, 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2420 chipset accompanied by a PowerVR SGX540 GPU and 1GB of RAM. It also comes with 16GB/32GB of internal storage along with 32GB of external memory, 3-megapixel rear camera and a 1.2-megapixel front facing camera. There are connectivity options such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G and a 4,270mAh battery.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 offers complete smartphone features in a 7 inch tablet and over time the price has come down to very affordable levels, making it one of the best choices among SIM calling tablets.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 is one of the best 7 inch tablets also supporting telephony. This tablet features a dual core 1 GHz TI OMAP 4430 processor along with 1 GB of DDR2 RAM and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The display has been constructed using PLS (plane to line switching) technology for better viewing angles, colours and contrast. Also, since it is lightweight, it is easy to carry the tablet along. Featuring 3G connectivity, one can also make voice calls using this tablet. GPS is also supported and there is a 3.15 megapixel camera at the back with HD video recording capability. The device has a 4000 mAh battery.

edit > also check this > India's 1st Quad Core 3G Calling 7.85" Tablet PC http://www.swipetelecom.com/products/tablets.html
and
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/new...3g-voice-calling-available-for-rs-9490-352349

Last edited:

Yes I had shortlisted the MTV Swipe Slate above along with Iberry Corex 4 - iberry has 2GB DDR3 which is fantastic but not that great reviews about it. MTV Slate seems new comparatively. I keep coming back to Samsung Tab 2 every few days after reading about the rest:tongue:

Last edited:

Based on my research on tabs with similar requirements as yours, I recommend to have a look at iBerry CoreX4 3G tablet. It boasts a large 9.7 inch screen, has wifi+3G connectivity, GPS for on-the go navigation and is well under 20k mark (should get it at around 17k)
This recommendation based on reviews and comparisons on the specifications available on the net of various tablets. I haven't seen this in person.
Also visit a very good site for specs and prices comparo:- Smartprix - Best Online Comparison Shopping

Thanks Nitin iberry ruled out, thanks drivenbycars - that site led me to below option

This looks pretty decent however not very explicitly written that it supports voice calling :-
Huawei MediaPad 10 Link Tablet - Huawei: Flipkart.com
Not all 3G / Sim slot device will support voice calling. iPad is one among that

You can see the link it says
Home / Mobiles & Accessories / Tablets / Tablets without Call Facility / Huawei Tablets without Call Facility / Huawei MediaPad 10 Link Tablet

Without call facility. So, you cant make voice call from this other than skype/viber or thru other apps

edit: http://www.amazon.in/Huawei-MediaPad-Tablet-Voice-Calling/dp/B00D8V7ICG
This says
Huawei MediaPad 10 Link Tablet (WiFi, 3G, Voice Calling), White

Last edited:

Top Bottom