The Tablet PC Buying Thread: Ask Your Queries Here

Re: Which Tablet PC To Buy in India?

Guys what exactly is the use of a tablet? Which type of usage or people requires a tablet or is it just for show-off? I always had this doubt , since many members here are discussing about this i think you guys can help me clarify my doubt.

And also is it possible to download a song/movie in a tablet?
totally depend on person. great thing about it that its easy to use and convenient but ya many people buy it foe showoff. I am waiting for window8 so that I can buy window tablet and still don't lose window application

Gentlemen , can you recommend any educational tablets for kids (aged 5-10) ? Android tablets are fine as long as it has enough educational content (preloaded/online) to keep the kids engaged (not for games but learning)

Thanks

Last edited:

Many Thanks Manjoo, Does it come loaded with any educational content (CBSE/ICSE board etc ) ?

Iron Rock, check HCL MyEdu Tabs. AFAIK, they are the only education Tabs in India. ( I really dont have an idea other than this.)

Thanks edios/ appus ill check out the hcl tabs

Meanwhile i found this interesting as well , any views ? Seems decently specced.

Educational Tablet for Primary to K12 Students in India | ClassPad

The above has first year content free, subsequent year they charge 4k each for the content (as per ICSE or CBSE syllabus ). i am checking if the content/subscription/license can be moved from one tablet to other as a tablet may only last a few years max.

For Kids/Educational Purpose, Akash/Ubslate or Micromax seems ok and falls under the price tag of Rs 5000.

For Kids/Educational Purpose, Akash/Ubslate or Micromax seems ok and falls under the price tag of Rs 5000.
Brother, he is looking tablet with some educational content in it. Do you know any paid/free android apps for kids ? If yes, please share

@appus i don't think there is such an app for that Since it comes with preloaded,
nothing matches best with the preloaded content even if there is so don't go for paid applications it won't serve your full requirement.

Brother, he is looking tablet with some educational content in it. Do you know any paid/free android apps for kids ? If yes, please share
Brother, Please see through the Micromax website.

It clearly states "Get absorbed in the world of education & entertainment on this unique device that brings it all on a single platform. Empower your intellect with study material right from kindergarten up till IAS civil services exams with the biggest & largest exchange of supplementary course material in India. And get access to the latest movies, songs and clips or keep yourself busy with the latest games, apps or even watch your favorite show on Live TV."

Thanks Ank78 ill check out Micromax as well, btw confirmed with Classpad guys that the app cannot be transferred to any any other tablet, only to classpad branded ones. But you can access via web login too.

Top Bottom