The Street Encounters with Wild Animals

Thread Starter #17
Re: A Street Encounter with Python

Got another surprise for you guys, Just give me some thirty minutes.

Note to Mods: Can we rename the thread to Wild Encounters?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18

Okay this time, snake again and its a Common Krait(Bungarus caeruleus) also known as Vellikettan, Valavazhappan, Kattu-viriyan, Valla pampu, Valayarappan, Kettuvalayan, Valakazhappan, Valayippan, Valapampu, Katla paamu, Kala taro, Karivela, Karait, Kalach,Manyar, kanadar and so on in various dialects. Common Krait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well the snake was continuously showing up around and inside the Idukki District Judge's Chambers. And be warned the snake in question here is highly venomous and a bite can be real nasty.

And about the guy in the video, He is a local snake wrangler and was called up by the Forest officials. He used garlic juice to make the snake to come out of the piping where it was hiding finally after getting out of the room through the ventilators on top. The snake was put into a sack and relocated to the Forest.

‪Snake at the Idukki District Court Complex.‬‏ - YouTube
Vellikettan = Silver-ringed
Kettuvalayan = Ringed

garlic juice invites snakes?

i am damn afraid of snakes . yikess i dont like them at all. no reasons

and our home is a developing area , lot of snakes are here. but now the thing have come less to my sight of i am more time in garage!!

Daily when ever i come to home , be it in sierra or bike , i just slow down , look/ scan for anything near the gate , open them in quick manner . get into home as fast as i can.

its been 4 years since we build our own home and i have stepped on the sides of the home just 4 to 5 times. its more than a year since i went along the sides of my home - only fear of snake!!

Thread Starter #20

ilango[speed thirst];89590 said:
garlic juice invites snakes?
i am damn afraid of snakes . yikess i dont like them at all. no reasons

and our home is a developing area , lot of snakes are here. but now the thing have come less to my sight of i am more time in garage!!

Daily when ever i come to home , be it in sierra or bike , i just slow down , look/ scan for anything near the gate , open them in quick manner . get into home as fast as i can.

its been 4 years since we build our own home and i have stepped on the sides of the home just 4 to 5 times. its more than a year since i went along the sides of my home - only fear of snake!!
No, Garlic has similar effects on snakes like Pepper spray has on humans. It stuns snakes for some time and they wont be able to focus. And can't stop laughing hearing how you enter your home.[lol]

Last edited:

No, Garlic has similar effects on snakes like Pepper spray has on humans. It stuns snakes for some time and they wont be able to focus. And can't stop laughing hearing how you enter your home.[lol]
same way , i do get out!!
leave the gate asap , hope i thing it will continue for atleast some 4 years till the area is fully developed!

great effort Jalex! [cheers] Sometimes in the mad rush of things we do forget about other co-inhabitants on our planet and even hurt them while running around. Your act was a true spirit with which we should look at our neighbors. Hats off[clap]

I am also not scared of wild animals and not particularly reptiles. IMO they are very docile. But to be true, yes sometimes I have gone through such circumstances and not gotten out of my car or stopped it to help them cross. This incident will remain in my memory to make an effort now!

Thread Starter #24

Hi, great video what was he trying to do in his mouth with stick ?
Someone from the crowd asked how the fangs look like and he was showing it to them by putting the stick into the snake's mouth. He did not have any special snake handling tools or tongs so he used the stick.

Thread Starter #25

Note to Mods: Can we rename the thread to just 'Wild Encounters?' As I think we all can post encounters we see anywhere and not just on the roads. This last one happened in our Court Complex and not on the roads for instance and I think more members can post similar instances instead of starting new threads. And I think the thread itself needs to be moved maybe if the thread title is changed, so I leave it for you to decide.[:)]

Hats off to you Jalex , i have seen so many people killing snakes if it enters their vicinity.[anger]

Even i am little afraid of snakes but love dogs , cats and many other pet animals!

Thread Starter #30
Re: Pics of YOU!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek ..[shock]
Dont worry, Its dead![lol] I know many of you in the city are scared of these critters, But here in the countryside we see them on a usual basis and so we are kind of used to them. Real pests they are, destroying our crop!

Last edited:

Top Bottom