The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Air leak from the Side of the rims!!

On last Saturday, i took out my 200NS, but felt something weird in Handling it. When saw the front tyre, it was almost Flat. Thought there must be some kind of puncture..
Took it to a near-by pump to fill in air. After i came back, I tried to find any leak by pouring water. (Since there was no visible puncture)
Found some very tiny bubbles coming out from the side of the rim. The leak is very small (kind of chora leak) and i think it will take days to completely leak out the air.
As of then sealed it with chewing gum [embarass] !!..

Since the SVC would have been closed on Sunday, so i wait till Monday, as i think the air will held by Monday..

But was socked to hear from the SVC that they have no instrument to open up the tyre. In fact none of the SVC here in Kolkata have that!!!!
Also went to various big shops (Such as bridgestone, MRF etc etc) but every one said that they are only capable to open out 4 wheeler Rims and not of Two wheelers. SOme of the Small shops (Road-side) wallas that i visited, also didn't want to open up the tyres, since,
1) the tyre were tubeless
2) the bike doesn't have a center stand!!

Now got an Address where they open up the tyre by proper machine. but that's quite far off from my place, and can take it only on coming Saturday[evil]

Question - If the rims needs to be changed, can i claim insurance on that??

(PS - I am very surprised/shocked to see the rims getting bend, as I didn't got through any potholes or any such thing in last few days)

Last edited:
Hmm even a city like Kolkata dosent have the equipment to handle the Tyre service? that's really an surprise .

At what interval do you check the Tyre pressure? may be the rim damaged due to low pressure by chance?

Thread Starter #63
Hmm even a city like Kolkata dosent have the equipment to handle the Tyre service? that's really an surprise .

At what interval do you check the Tyre pressure? may be the rim damaged due to low pressure by chance?
Nope i do check it ever week.. No chance of low air pressure..

And the only thing good about Kolkata is The cheap price of every goods.. other than that, i don't see any reason it can be called a metropolitan city!!!

Re: Air leak from the Side of the rims!!

On last Saturday, .....Question - If the rims needs to be changed, can i claim insurance on that??

(PS - I am very surprised/shocked to see the rims getting bend, as I didn't got through any potholes or any such thing in last few days)
before jumping on any conclusion try to refit tyre once again in proper order , and if there is a damage on side wall of the tyre then it needs to be replaced . P200 has quite sturdy rims so i doubt there is any damage to RIM [:)] .

Hi guys , i got my NS (red) two weeks before . and 240 kms over .im very much happy with the performance . im nt sure of the millage still . i hav some queries in my mind .

1.any tips for better and efficent millage ?
2.the bike is producing some quite sound from the front tyre when we move it . like a nock, its neglectable only but i wanna know why its coming ?

Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Wow shibadip the pics are simply amazing.

My cousins bike has already clocked 3750 kms, its smooth with no vibrations.

But i think i have not revved it till 6K RPM, but after the recent service of his.

The engine seems to be refined than what it used to be earlier.

Thread Starter #67

Hi guys , i got my NS (red) two weeks before . and 240 kms over .im very much happy with the performance . im nt sure of the millage still . i hav some queries in my mind .

1.any tips for better and efficent millage ?
2.the bike is producing some quite sound from the front tyre when we move it . like a nock, its neglectable only but i wanna know why its coming ?
Sine your bike have just been only 240 Kms old, so don't think of mileage as of now.. Complete the run-in with a Bit More careful riding..
Abut the Sound i think it's coming from the disc.. probably slight amount of dirt that have entered in the brake pads , which is making that sound..
Wow shibadip the pics are simply amazing.

My cousins bike has already clocked 3750 kms, its smooth with no vibrations.

But i think i have not revved it till 6K RPM, but after the recent service of his.

The engine seems to be refined than what it used to be earlier.
Thanks Mukesh.. As of now my only complaint is The Vibrations at > 6K RPM range.. The SVC is unable to do anything about it.. they say it's common to all NS.
I know, I am not going to remain satisfied with this answer.. Just waiitng for a trip that I have planed on my NS this month.. After comming back will give my bike for the second service. Form there i am going to take up this issue to the Higer level, untill they can sort out The problem..

Thread Starter #68

Came back from the SVC with an OIL change along with oil filter change..
the SVC was adamant of not changing the oil to my choice of oil (which I took with me) other than their Shitty DTSi oil..

However, with little persuasion, and friendly words, the oil was changed to MOTUL 3100 Gold with the current ODO reading being 1550 kms..

And the journey back to home from the SVC was my most pleasurable ride on my NS till date!!!!! I was smiling in my mind all the way back..[:D] The engine felt much much smoother. Gear shift was already smooth, but now the feedback of gear change seems to Be better..Also the throttle response, and the pick-up Has been much better. Vibes At low RPMs is NIL.. (Have not taken the bike to higher RPM while coming back)

Overall highly impressed with the oil change. But lets c, for how many km this happy feeling lasts..

PS - the old DTSi oil which was changed at an interval of 1100 kms was completely black when poured out. Also it's density seemed to be quite low [frustration]

Hi Shibadip,
I was really impressed with the looks and feel of Yellow Pulsar 200 NS. Thought of buying this by coming April or May.
Some of the guys have raised issues like they are getting only 16 to 20 in city with sedate driving conditions itself. Can you pour your suggestions.

And also how much will be the maintanence charges.

Thread Starter #71
Hi Shibadip,
I was really impressed with the looks and feel of Yellow Pulsar 200 NS. Thought of buying this by coming April or May.
Some of the guys have raised issues like they are getting only 16 to 20 in city with sedate driving conditions itself. Can you pour your suggestions.

And also how much will be the maintanence charges.
Hi, Amby..

I can vouch that most of my friends are getting 30-35+ kmpl in city. I myself am getting close to 40kmpl.
Abt maintenance, it as general as any other bikes. Just that since it has a open chain, so it needs cleaning and lubing every 500kms or so. Other than that normal oil change and stuffs.

How about the immobiliser. Whether its there in 200 NS. Else is it like easily any can start without the keys by doing some jimiks in wirings.

Thread Starter #73

How about the immobiliser. Whether its there in 200 NS. Else is it like easily any can start without the keys by doing some jimiks in wirings.
Buddy, look at the price point where NS is being offered, along with all it's features!! You want more to that!!

Immobilizer is not there as stock. And AFAIK, no bike (other than the recently launched Mahindra Stallio and Pantero) have this feature.

Anyways if you want, you can obviously get an After-market feature installed on your steed. Look out for the warranty part though [roll]

I have seen many reviews about this bike. Really i was impressed with its looks first. Now going through the forums helped me a lot in understanding the advantages and disadvantages of the bike.
Planning to buy book it by next week. Need to choose which dealer to go for.

Thread Starter #75

Shibadip

Just one small finding on this bike, the visor would have been little bit longer, what do you say.
Am back after a long long time. Sorry for such sudden disappearance.

Anyways, did make quite a few big trips with my Destiny And the love between us still going strong.
however, being a naked bike, the windblast becomes quite a hindrance on the long rides.

So, a little mod that i Did on my bike so as to deflect the wind towards helmet.

Still to try out fully on the highways about the actual productivity of the mod. But it fells that it will do the job

Top Bottom