The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Oh !! good to note this !!

I am also facing some problem like you the low end torque and some kind of feeling whenever I change the gear and raise it little disconnect first and connect and zoom, may be there is some carburetor or air filter issue. I need to go to service center and report this, especially I find it irritating when I want to drive my bike bit slow. All this is about my DY
if your bike is new, then 95% chance that it should not be a air filter issue. So, while at service check the co2 emission level, to find out if the carb is properly tuned.

Thread Starter #49
Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

All my NS friends -
My Father got ourselves a New Car (XUV 5oo) yesterday. Since this is a Biking thread, so will not go into details, but just a Small teaser of the Beast along with my Darling DESTINY.

Attachments

All my NS friends -
My Father got ourselves a New Car (XUV 5oo) yesterday. Since this is a Biking thread, so will not go into details, but just a Small teaser of the Beast along with my Darling DESTINY.
Congrats buddy.
Waiting for the full ownership report wit lots of pics.

Thread Starter #51
Thread Starter #52

Height of Comment came from a Cop on my new P200NS -
COP - Papers pls
Me - Ya, here are these
COP - This must be a Modified bike. where's the silencer?? where's the Pollution Certificate???
Me - Sir, this a newly launched variant of Pulsar. It has a under belly silencer. here it is (i pointed him out)
COP - U must have cut short the Silencer. You must be fined.
Me- Utterly confused, and then tried to make him understand the features - LC engine, perimeter frame, six gears etc etc to make him convince it;s a newly launched bike.

then the COP took a hard look of my bike,(still having some apprehension) and said maintain speed limit, in a very elderly tone.
And then when i was going to start the bike, the most common Question came from him - "What's the mileage??"

I had a big smile, and replied "It gives about 65-70kmpl". Should have seen his look. I was smiling all evening that day.

Uploading two pics of DESTINY

The demon teeth and The sexy tail -
All my NS friends -
Its really awesome man !! its teeth front view made me remember a aliens face from some predator movie !!

Hey congrats for your new XUV man, the clock is very ahead what you thought of it !!

Height of Comment came from a Cop on my new P200NS -
COP - Papers pls
Me - Ya, here are these
COP - This must be a Modified bike. where's the silencer?? where's the Pollution Certificate???
Me - Sir, this a newly launched variant of Pulsar. It has a under belly silencer. here it is (i pointed him out)
COP - U must have cut short the Silencer. You must be fined.
Me- Utterly confused, and then tried to make him understand the features - LC engine, perimeter frame, six gears etc etc to make him convince it;s a newly launched bike.

then the COP took a hard look of my bike,(still having some apprehension) and said maintain speed limit, in a very elderly tone.
And then when i was going to start the bike, the most common Question came from him - "What's the mileage??"

I had a big smile, and replied "It gives about 65-70kmpl". Should have seen his look. I was smiling all evening that day.
This is where I even think the cops should be members of TAI !! to understand the automobiles of today [clap]

Thread Starter #54

Ok, found out a new issue about DESTINY this evening..
My rear brakes are very hard (Almost feather touch), and a slight tap will do the work of braking without locking up the tyres.
But I noticed that the brake lights don't glow up with that slight tap(although there is perfect braking), but the light glows up only when the the lever is pressed hard(which will lock up the tyres)

I know there is a brake light adjuster some where near the brake lever. Can anyone please guide me of how to adjust it..

Thread Starter #56
Any more updates buddy or you got busy with the XUV ? [;)] please keep us posted .
How is the handling with the pillion ?
NO buddy, Actually busy with stupid EGGJAMS.

But Still, DESTINY is closer to heart than the XUV!!
As of now, in short, the NS handles pretty good with it's well distributed balance. But the Stock Eurogrip tyres sucks "BIG-TIME". Also facing lot of vibes all along the bike from handle bars to the Foot-peg, after crossing 6K in the RPM meter.

Will put On a detailed review once the xams are over!!

Thread Starter #59
Hi People,

Here's my two bits after nearly 5 Months of ownership and about 1450 kms.

I love to ride bikes more than driving on our car (XUV500). But sadly the car has completed much more kms than what my DESTINY did. Its been a strange relationship and one that has become sweeter as the days have passed.
You can ask anyone about its looks and they'll go gaga over it...so did I, but after purchasing the bike I wasnt too happy with the vibes and a few niggles that came along the way.

I dont know if other niggles have subsided or I've become immune to them. Its like being in a relationship. You start to understand and accept the flaws of your partner and often look at the sunny side of things. But it's the vibes which is keeping me off from making a strong bond with my bike. So am I disappointed with the bike? ...its a RESOUNDING NO!! Its a cracker of a machine and if any one reading this wants to go for it...well.....eyes closed...just do it!

Here are a few good and not so good things about this enigmatic machine....

Good:

Handling: I recently did some small rides and the way this beast behaved on the highway was as if the bike was born on the highway.....Suspension does not bottom out whatsoever. The bike remains composed. Brakes are awesome. Tyres...well not satisfied with the Stocks provided. Have fishtailed as much as 8times!! within these 4 months, and every time while panic braking. But the good thing is even with a fishtail, the bike always keeps a straight line, and there was never a fear of skidding off the road.
Engine: Jekyll and Hide come to my mind when I think of it...quiet as a cat till 75k and once the throttle is twisted up north, out comes the roar of the tiger.My cruising speed was between 75 and 80 (coz of windblast that one faces, and especially these chilly winter breezes are freezing) but the manner in which it stuck to that speed and the tarmac was just awesome. Overtaking at speeds in excess of 90k felt like a breeze. It just doesnt feel out of breath as it runs out of rev range. Never felt the same inclination from my earlier P150.
Electronics: All bulbs working fine. Headlight throw is decent. Very impressed with the 55w headlamps.Starter never fails. Cooling fan works when needed and makes a sound as if the bike is air-conditioned
Comfort: Though the padding on the seats is less, the riding position (at least for the rider) is perfect. (I'm 5"8) I did encounter some fatigue on arms, elbows, shoulders, back, etc. at first due to my riding stance, but now have adapted quite well with the Bike. No issues with any long ride.
Mileage: Aah...the question...kitna deti hai?? Apparently my bike returns about 40kmpl (very happy considering it has a 200cc heart producing 23.5 bhp)

Errr...not so good:

Electronic: Horn is not fit for the highway. Its like the Great Khali having the voice of Sharmila Tagore The fuel indicator is possessed....Turn indicator switch can be a pain esp for ones not blessed with long fingers.
Niggles: Irritating noises from the right side of the headlight fairing and still not sorted even after 2 services (I am now in ignore mode).
AND THE MOST IRRITATNG NIGGLE: The vibrations on the bike!! After passing the 6K RPM mark on any gear (except 6th) there is tremendous vibrations all along the bike. Starting from handle bars to the tank, foot-pegs, under seat, pillion seat, to the rear mud guard. This has still not Been solved even after multiple visits to the SVC. Am waiting for the 2K kms of run-in period to get over.. then will get the 2nd service done and will change the oil to Motul SS.

Final verdict: If you havent bought it yet and are yet reading this post....what are you? a window shopper?
Thats it from me....ride safe...wear protection in all walks of life
Peace Out!

few photos of DESTINY during the ride..

Very brilliant story packed with stupendous pictures.

I consider myself an amateur when it comes to biking. I took riding lesson in 2nd yr of my Engineering. Started with splendour and after a year purchase the Honda Stunner. However, more than stunner, i used to ride my friends' Pulsar. The machine never felt strained which i felt with many of the other 150s (minus Yamahas). As a matter of fact i was considering getting a Pulsar a year back, however with the launch of NS, the older ones feels outdated and hence dropped the plans.

Top Bottom