The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Thread Starter #32
Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Amit is notorious for such things.[;)]

Here is my cousins bike, and I have posted a short review.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-all-new-bajaj-pulsar-200ns-perfect-male.html
Buddy, I have already read it..

But I need some details which are not there.
1) What's the Idle RPM set in ur Cousin's NS??
2) Lowest speed which can be done on 2nd and 3rd gear in the NS without engine lugging. (i will not try it of course, but just want to know the capability of the bike at the LOW end)

Thread Starter #33
Accessories for DESTINY

Guys, got to buy some accessories for my DESTINY

1) Bike cover
2) Chain Lube for O-ring chain (can be delayed)
3) Two disc-locks (my earlier bike go stolen, so paranoia creeps in[cry])
4) Dash board polish for the Black plastic parts. (will be used in the coming XUV as well)

So, can you guys suggest me some good brand??

PS-the dash board polish needs to be UV protected..

Thread Starter #38
@Shibadip

It is really nice pic !! you are just teasing us with one one pic[;)]
Gifts of small amount and in installments are more pleasurable than lots of gift at once.. Plus have to keep a check at my inventory level. Coz not taking my DESTINY out for a ride since it has been raining continuously here in kolkata for last 3 days.

Thread Starter #39

Observation on a 5 hour trip in congested traffic -
After 3 days of continuous rain, it was clear yesterday and Last night had a long 5 hours ride along with a friend. Sure there are lots of Positives.. However faced few Negatives as well.. Some of my observations [Mostly the negative points] -
1) The bike gets heated in the bumper to bumper traffic, and can feel the heat especially on the left leg. (however, checked last night that the Radiator Fan is working)
2) FALSE NEUTRALS while shifting from 2nd to 1st gear -it's a big time disappointment. It was there in my P150, but I think it's more in the NS. and it's embarrassing when the Cars behind starts honking
3) Bike is superbly balance, and I can ride at even 2kmph without mt feet down. But, in case of sudden stopping (like the false neutrals), the weight shows.
4) Riding Posture - i know many owners will totally differ with me in this, and I accept it's totally my personal way of seating. Actually I can't ride with my arms bent. So to keep it straight, I totally shift to the end part of the front seat. Now for that I have to lean forward, and that put's pressure on my wrist, and it was paining a lot after that long ride.
However, for few minutes I exchanged my ride along with my friend's Fazer, and it just felt Ultra-Comfortable.
5) Very Bad LOW-END Torque - I had to shift to the 1st gear too many times, and whenever the speed fell below 6-7kmph
6) the instrument cluster, and the pilot lamp going off with the engine kill switch, is also quite irritating, as again before starting you have to wait for the RPM needle to show it's flexibility. I just don't get - "For what purpose is the ENGINE KILL switch given?? that same could be done by turning the ignition key"

I didn't discuss the Positives Coz, there are too many..[:D] Will share once the first servicing is done

Observation on a 5 hour trip in congested traffic -
After 3 days of continuous rain, it was clear yesterday and Last night had a long 5 hours ride along with a friend. Sure there are lots of Positives.. However faced few Negatives as well.. Some of my observations [Mostly the negative points] -
1) The bike gets heated in the bumper to bumper traffic, and can feel the heat especially on the left leg. (however, checked last night that the Radiator Fan is working) This is the same with my new bike(Honda DY), looks bit unusual, but i think this gets settle within due course of time
2) FALSE NEUTRALS while shifting from 2nd to 1st gear -it's a big time disappointment. It was there in my P150, but I think it's more in the NS. and it's embarrassing when the Cars behind starts honking. This is also common in my bike, need to see that situation improves after 2nd service
3) Bike is superbly balance, and I can ride at even 2kmph without mt feet down. But, in case of sudden stopping (like the false neutrals), the weight shows. This is really irritating in Pulsur as this is not the bike for bumper to bumper traffic
4) Riding Posture - i know many owners will totally differ with me in this, and I accept it's totally my personal way of seating. Actually I can't ride with my arms bent. So to keep it straight, I totally shift to the end part of the front seat. Now for that I have to lean forward, and that put's pressure on my wrist, and it was paining a lot after that long ride.
However, for few minutes I exchanged my ride along with my friend's Fazer, and it just felt Ultra-Comfortable.people always say sporty handle bar or riding posture, it is a blunder, it gives shoulders,low back pain in long run
5) Very Bad LOW-END Torque - I had to shift to the 1st gear too many times, and whenever the speed fell below 6-7kmph. same with my bike, was not the case with suzuki slingshot was really good
6) the instrument cluster, and the pilot lamp going off with the engine kill switch, is also quite irritating, as again before starting you have to wait for the RPM needle to show it's flexibility. I just don't get - "For what purpose is the ENGINE KILL switch given?? that same could be done by turning the ignition key"

I didn't discuss the Positives Coz, there are too many..[:D] Will share once the first servicing is done
Shibdip, It is not a general bike man, it is a sports bike, but I agree some Yamaha bikes seating and driving position is much better than Bajaj Pulsurs

Thread Starter #41

Shibdip, It is not a general bike man, it is a sports bike, but I agree some Yamaha bikes seating and driving position is much better than Bajaj Pulsurs
Well sir, On the contrary, the NS's seating position is kinda comuterish (but i do agree it's a sports bike). But I really feel uncomfortable with that arms bend seating position.

By Honda DY, you mean Dream Yuga right?? But that bike is supposed to have GOOD low-end torque.

Well sir, On the contrary, the NS's seating position is kinda comuterish (but i do agree it's a sports bike). But I really feel uncomfortable with that arms bend seating position.

By Honda DY, you mean Dream Yuga right?? But that bike is supposed to have GOOD low-end torque.
About NS, yes you need to check this before you buy, though it is a sports bike you would have done good amount of TD, whether it suits you are now. Now only thing left is to do some handle modification[cry]

About Dream Yuga, people say that it got good low end torque but, till now it is disappointing to me, let me see that after 2nd service as it has just run for 600km so far. When i checked with service guy, he is it is too early as my running is very less

Thread Starter #43

About NS, yes you need to check this before you buy, though it is a sports bike you would have done good amount of TD, whether it suits you are now. Now only thing left is to do some handle modification[cry]

About Dream Yuga, people say that it got good low end torque but, till now it is disappointing to me, let me see that after 2nd service as it has just run for 600km so far. When i checked with service guy, he is it is too early as my running is very less
As you know, the TD here is given just for a km or so. And one hardly gets any idea with such a short TD.
But I am not disappointed with the buy. For me the main problem is the lack of LOW-END torque (as i have a bullet kindda riding style -Love to ride slow with just a little twist of the throttle). All the other niggles will get rectified in the 1st service.
Also I have dreams of owning an actual sports bike sometime two years down the line. So NS seems to be a perfect one to get acquainted with the riding style. And it's just 93kms on the ODo of my DESTINY. So our connection will develop as I spend more time with Her..

Thread Starter #44
DESTINY tuned up!!!

Ok, guys, I was having some trouble adjusting myself with my DESTINY.
Two of the most irritating problem that i was facing was
a) There was a Float RPM at the 2k range. i.e there was a snatchy feeling at that 2k level. It would make me feel that theere is No Fuel in the tank, and the Engine will shut off. while the next moment, the bike will pick-up like MAD, and it was quite uncomfortable to handle it in a bumper to bumper traffic.
b) very bad LOW-End torque, due to which I had to shift to 1st gear every time the speed went below 9kmph. Also had to rev quite high (>2k range) to roll off the bike. Otherwise, engine would die.

I asked some of my friends, about this problem, where quite a few agreed with the exact same problem, while some others said that they have never felt such thing on their machine.

So this made me sure that there is something about the AFR, which is giving such problem in the bike. Thus Day before Yesterday, took the whole afternoon, to properly tune up the bike. (although this was my 1st time that i was tuning a bike, but the above problems got me annoyed enough, as I couldn't feel that connection with my bike even after almost 2 weeks of ownership)

Then took a Test ride after the tune-up and VOILA!!!!!!!
Both the problems were gone. The bike felt butter smooth with linear power delivery all through the RPM range, and also found a better low end torque as well. The bike is rolling off from ZERO, in the 1st gear, just by the release of the clutch (without even touching the throttle). The ride really brought a big grin on my face[:)] . But the test was done just after the tuning, and thus the engine was hot.
Has been raining from morning next day, so couldn't check how the bike performs when cold.

So took out the bike for a long ride today, and the ride felt just AWESOME from the word go.The ride really made my day. Every thing was almost perfect. However, felt that the pick-up was decreased a bit at the higher end (though did'nt cross 5k limit), but still more than enough. The bike is now also perfect for city rides. (good enough low end torque)
Couldn't feel much of a difference on the exhaust note, but there was a nice and sweet whistling kind of sound when ever used Engine braking. It was more like the whistling sound which a turbo engine in a car produces or say an aeroplane produces[embarass]. (don't blame me, my hangover is still there from the ride)

Also the idle RPM stays at 1.2 - 1.3 k even when the engine is hot, and doesn't increase.

Now, I can vouch that my affair with DESTINY is surely gonna Steam up[clap]

Oh !! good to note this !!

I am also facing some problem like you the low end torque and some kind of feeling whenever I change the gear and raise it little disconnect first and connect and zoom, may be there is some carburetor or air filter issue. I need to go to service center and report this, especially I find it irritating when I want to drive my bike bit slow. All this is about my DY

Top Bottom