The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Wonderful pics bro, your destiny in red look's gorgeous and don't worry about the high revving nature of the bike you will get used to in no time.

Bike is looking really nice and hot in red.

Do post some pics of the instrument cluster.

OT: one of my cousin bought the same in yellow 2 weeks back. Yellow looks cool too.

Oh, it is really tempting man !!

Where are the special gifts for the members who guessed the Red color correctly [clap]

Enjoy your ride with wearing helmet all the time and with utmost safety man !!

Wish to see a nice ownership review soon !!

Re: The Story of My Destiny – Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Ownership Review

Congrats Shibadip on your new ride, make sure you have atleast half tank of petrol, else the check oil symbol glows, so make sure you fill minimum of 500 during the next fill.
Else more amount of air will be drawn, if tank is nearing empty.

You shouldn't have medled with factory setting of clutch release and idling.

After the service of my cousin's 200 NS it has been smooth, so complete the first 450 kms ASAP, and then enjoy the bike.

If you want the main stand it costs 650/-, the only accessory available.

Check the tyre pressure early morning, if feasible go for Nitrogen.

My cousin has got it filled with Nitrogen, the tyres are Eurogrip i guess.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

Wonderful pics bro, your destiny in red look's gorgeous and don't worry about the high revving nature of the bike you will get used to in no time.
Thanks Bro.
So you say it's due to the high rev nature of the bike? On my 2nd day ride with Destiny, I intentionally kept a little high rev, and the engine didn't die once.
But it's completely different from the riding style which I am Comfortable with.
Bike is looking really nice and hot in red.
Do post some pics of the instrument cluster.
OT: one of my cousin bought the same in yellow 2 weeks back. Yellow looks cool too.
Thanks man. Will take a Pic of the instrument cluster in my next photo shoot.
And ya, the Yellow looks Drop Dead Gorgeous.I was really confused of which colour to go for between Red and Yellow. But went with Red since it was my first love

Oh, it is really tempting man !!
Where are the special gifts for the members who guessed the Red color correctly Enjoy your ride with wearing helmet all the time and with utmost safety man !! Wish to see a nice ownership review soon !!
Thank you sir. The gift will be the Pictures, and there will be lots of them[;)]
Congrats Shibadip on your new ride, make sure you have atleast half tank of petrol, else the check oil symbol glows, so make sure you fill minimum of 500 during the next fill.
Else more amount of air will be drawn, if tank is nearing empty.

You shouldn't have medled with factory setting of clutch release and idling.

After the service of my cousin's 200 NS it has been smooth, so complete the first 450 kms ASAP, and then enjoy the bike.

If you want the main stand it costs 650/-, the only accessory available.

Check the tyre pressure early morning, if feasible go for Nitrogen.

My cousin has got it filled with Nitrogen, the tyres are Eurogrip i guess.
Thank you sir, for all ur advice.
Just to clarify, I didn't fiddle with the factory settled Clutch RELEASE. It was just the clutch lever position (the angle at which it is fitted on the handlebars) that was changed as per my comfort. I like it a little down because of my Long fingers.[embarass]

I did a very little adjustment with the Idle screw, but I have some experience of it. Had to change it a lot in my Previous P150 to bring it to a correct setting.
The dealer didn't give me any discounts or gifts with the bike. So will try to get the center stand from him Free of Cost[;)]

Yes, the tyres are Eurogrip. Some of my friends have complained abt it, but with my sedate riding style, I find it adequate enough. All in all i'm totally satisfied with my DESTINY

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Bro..
Thank U sir. The gift will be the Pictures, and there will be lots of them[;)]

I did a very little adjustment with the Idle screw, but I have some experience of it. Had to change it a lot in my Previous P150 to bring it to a correct setting.
The dealer didn't give me any discounts or gifts with the bike. So will try to get the center stand from him Free of Cost[;)]

Yes, the tyres are Eurogrip. Some of my friends have complained abt it, but with my sedate riding style, I find it adequate enough. All in all i'm totally satisfied with my DESTINY
Shibadip

Just one small finding on this bike, the visor would have been little bit longer, what do you say.

I find normally the dealer put the idling bit high till the first service due to various reasons like the machine is new and its parts. So I think we should not adjust it till the 1st service[:)]

Thread Starter #22

Shibadip

Just one small finding on this bike, the visor would have been little bit longer, what do you say.

I find normally the dealer put the idling bit high till the first service due to various reasons like the machine is new and its parts. So I think we should not adjust it till the 1st service[:)]
By visor u mean the wind deflector over the instrument console??
If yes, then making it longer will not go with the naked looks of the bike.. Having said that, making it longer will be useful for highway rides. I still am running my bike in the local areas, since I still not have got my No. Will share my experience once I take my DESTINY to long rides.

Abt Idling, I have slightly adjusted it towards HIGH only, since the idle RPM was just at 1k mark in the factory setting, and the bike was dying off at idle. Right now the Idle RPM is abt 1.5K. Will surely check it during the 1st service.

By visor u mean the wind deflector over the instrument console??
If yes, then making it longer will not go with the naked looks of the bike.. Having said that, making it longer will be useful for highway rides. I still am running my bike in the local areas, since I still not have got my No. Will share my experience once I take my DESTINY to long rides.

Abt Idling, I have slightly adjusted it towards HIGH only, since the idle RPM was just at 1k mark in the factory setting, and the bike was dying off at idle. Right now the Idle RPM is abt 1.5K. Will surely check it during the 1st service.
Going from 1k to 1.5k sounds a bit too much to me. Mukeshus can probably let you know whats the idle rpm, best to keep it at Bajaj recommended standard. In case the bike is dying off at the Bajaj standard , the service centre should investigate why so. But raising it to 1.5k is not the best thing to do

Btw one hell of a beautiful bike, enjoy many a safe miles!

Thread Starter #24

Going from 1k to 1.5k sounds a bit too much to me. Mukeshus can probably let you know whats the idle rpm, best to keep it at Bajaj recommended standard. In case the bike is dying off at the Bajaj standard , the service centre should investigate why so. But raising it to 1.5k is not the best thing to do

Btw one hell of a beautiful bike, enjoy many a safe miles!
Ok then, will bring it down to 1k....
BTW, what about the revving to high RPM to make the bike roll off in the 1st gear?? U too recommend that it's due to the high rev nature of the bike??

@mukesh sir, it would be kind of u to let me know the Idle rpm of your Cousin's NS. Also if u could ask him whats the lowest speed that he can do in 2nd and 3rd gear without lugging the engine??

Ok then, will bring it down to 1k....
BTW, what about the revving to high RPM to make the bike roll off in the 1st gear?? U too recommend that it's due to the high rev nature of the bike??

@mukesh sir, it would be kind of u to let me know the Idle rpm of your Cousin's NS. Also if u could ask him whats the lowest speed that he can do in 2nd and 3rd gear without lugging the engine??
I wouldnt recommend revving it high to start off in first gear, you might end up burning the clutch. I am unfamiliar with the NS so my comment is neutral and applies generally.

Also dont worry about lowest speed without lugging during run in you are better off being safer than trying these.

Mukeshus sir, please help guide Shibadip here as you are well familiar with the NS.

Thread Starter #26

Also dont worry about lowest speed without lugging during run in you are better off being safer than trying these.
No sir, will surely NOT try it, at least during the run-in period. [embarass]
Just that it will help me know the Nature of the bike...

@Shibadip,

With my good experience I would like to say some thing to you.

We we buy a new bike or car, there are lot of tempting things in it which will make us to test everything like its speed, rpm etc., and it is very difficult for us to keep calm and just do some simple driving of say 40 to 50kmph on a such josh machine[:)]

But as far as my experience says, till the first service either it is a car or bike, we should deal with it bit gently without revving to harder and limiting our speeds to below 50kmph, no sudden acceleration, no sudden braking and just keep watching it how it is behaving, though find some new things like more engine noise, problem in gear shift, problem in revving and anything else, we should never be panic till the 1st service is done and should never do any kind of R&D on it.

Yes, after it completes it first service, then you can look into it and report certain things to the service center if found and again we should not do any DIY here. Most of the cases things will be settled after 2nd service and the machine becomes very smooth where we all try with all those good features of it[clap]

Thread Starter #28

@Shibadip,

With my good experience I would like to say some thing to you.

Yes, after it completes it first service, then you can look into it and report certain things to the service center if found and again we should not do any DIY here. Most of the cases things will be settled after 2nd service and the machine becomes very smooth where we all try with all those good features of it[clap]
Right sir.
May be I am too exited because of my new bike, and may be too much panicked because of the slight change in the riding style....[embarass]

Thanks for your advice again.. Patience is what I need:p
Here is a Picture Of my Destiny as a Promised GIFT to u...

1d498684.jpg

Thank U sir[surprise], for all ur advice.

Hey Shibhadip, I am no sir, I am just 24.
You can call me Mukesh.

Thread Starter #30

Hey Shibhadip, I am no sir, I am just 24.
You can call me Mukesh.
HaHa. Your age dosen't match with your Automobile experience..
Even IronRock called you SIR!!!!!

BTW, I'm 25.
Can u please post me the deatils from ur Cousin's NS???

PS - A suggestion - Its a perfect age to get yourself something like NS. You will Love it!!

Top Bottom