The Skoda "Superb Nightmare" for Rs. 23,00,000

AMG

Suspended
@Siddarth:

What has just happened to you is nothing but a dealership specific lack of expertise in the A.S.S. and the inability to find out what the problem is.

I see no relation with your problem, and why a guy in Delhi should not buy the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #17
@ dude

What has just happened to you is nothing but a dealership specific lack of expertise in the A.S.S. and the inability to find out what the problem is.

I see no relation with your problem, and why a guy in Delhi should not buy the car.
you know that its not just the dealer of this region who is irresponsible but im talking about SKODA auto india pvt ltd.

Thread Starter #18
After that there is some other technician who shows his pathetic skills calling it a problem with the drive shaft or suspension. and i get my car back and to no surprise the rattling still continued.

After a few days i had left my car at the service and for nearly a week i was being given all kinds of excuses and nothing was actually done. So then i decided and called skoda customer care and all i get is one standard auto generated mail saying the matter will be looked into. But for days there was nothing being done. every time you call skoda there is a new person who will talk to you. seems like a call centre. so after a loud talking one Mr.Ganesh talks to me saying their SAIPL technical team will look into the matter to solve it.
It took days for the technical team to visit. and after their visit the service centre was asked to replace a part called the clutch repair kit, which was replaced after days of waiting.
I was given back the car after to so called technical team diagnosed the problem or so they think they did. as usual the problem still continued.

So guys do you see how competent the national level skoda technical team is?
After a short drive the sound got worse and guess what? the problems improved not the car. Even in a stationery car while i shift from D to N there was a loud chuckling sound from the gear box. I again spoke to skoda and this time it was another person Mr.Narayan who is again filled with the culture of skoda of just sending automated replies. I need to call him thrice for him to reply back.
i was once again asked to leave the car at the service.

I am extremely shocked to hear that Skoda still has not started taking their customers seriously. The kind of problem you are facing with your car should not have been there at the first place, and even if it is there, Skoda should have solved the issue on the first visit itself.
What is the current status of your issue?

Do have all the proofs for your showroom visits well documented. If the issue is not solved anytim soon, I suggest you approaching the consumer court to sue Skoda for the horrendous experience you have faced that too after buying a new car![frustration]

Do have all the proofs for your showroom visits well documented. If the issue is not solved anytim soon, I suggest you approaching the consumer court to sue Skoda for the horrendous experience you have faced that too after buying a new car![frustration]
Skoda has very well taken care of that by not preparing the job card of every visit.

Thread Starter #22
I am extremely shocked to hear that Skoda still has not started taking their customers seriously. The kind of problem you are facing with your car should not have been there at the first place, and even if it is there, Skoda should have solved the issue on the first visit itself.
What is the current status of your issue?
akash let me finish narrating the whole drama that i faced i have not passed half the story to you guys....
sorry work is keeping me busy and what i have faced will take another day for me to complete. will keep you guys posted[evil][frustration]

'SAY NO TO SKODA"

akash let me finish narrating the whole drama that i faced i have not passed half the story to you guys....
sorry work is keeping me busy and what i have faced will take another day for me to complete. will keep you guys posted[evil][frustration]

'SAY NO TO SKODA"
I would suggest prepare a draft or draft entire issue at one place and upload or paste in one go. Otherwise, we all have to read all your post at the end when you complete that you have done. It would save more time and people will be able to draw some conclusion.

Just a suggestion[;)]

Skoda's summer camp to offer 16 point complimentary check of AC, engine, steering, clutch, electrical system, tyres & wheel rims....

It was mentioned in NDTV Social...

Thread Starter #25
I would suggest prepare a draft or draft entire issue at one place and upload or paste in one go. Otherwise, we all have to read all your post at the end when you complete that you have done. It would save more time and people will be able to draw some conclusion.

Just a suggestion[;)]
good suggestion. thanks will do it

Thread Starter #26
Skoda's summer camp to offer 16 point complimentary check of AC, engine, steering, clutch, electrical system, tyres & wheel rims....

It was mentioned in NDTV Social...
complimentary check![clap][clap]
sounds like a big joke. they dont care about paid check ups where on earth will they do it sincerely being complimentary. maybe they have other intentions. "beware"

This is utter harassment of the customer, if this is the type of treatment one gets after spending such money, it is quite natural to act in the way Siddharth is. However I do strongly agree with 'Holysatan', do keep the proceedings duly documented so that if nothing works out, you can at least sue the company for this sort of an injustice being done with you.

Thread Starter #29
in january i was asked to leave my car at millenium motors and i did so. these people had my car there for nearly 3 weeks. this time i had insisted on a job card. (i have all voice recorded conversations from day one). these guys nearlly stripped every part of my car, i was told they replaced the drive shaft, suspension, lower arm , bearing, etc but inspite of all it the rattling from the front still continued.
so , i got furious and spoke to the bangalore help line of skoda. i guess its a call centre kind of a place, all they do is speak sweetly and never get back . all you get in return is a automated reply. the reply is below :
Dear Mr. Siddarth,

Thanks for your mail and sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the concern in your vehicle,

We have referred your case to the concerned dealership and have asked for the detailed report of the vehicle for taking up the matter further as referred in your trailing mail. We will revert to your good selves with our resolution very shortly. Kindly bear with us till such time.

Assuring of our best services and support at all times.

Kindly take a note of the ticket number that shall be of help should you need to contact us again – SAIPL/01/11/04369

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Regards,
Vasanth | Customer Care | 080 - 67334646

Skoda Auto India Private Ltd.

thats it and they dont revert. i called again and then another person who calls himself head of service comes online and promises to resolve the matter.as usual no use.
i get a call from millennium after a few days saying that their technical team from SAIPL will visit their service and will resolve this matter. i had requested the dealer to call me while the team were here so i could talk and explain the exact problem but the never did so. the team visited millennium(thats what they claim) and they diagnosed this as a problem with the clutch. and they suggested that there is a part called as CLUTCH REPAIR KIT which needs replacement and the same would rectify the issue. i was told by millennium that it would be replaced and the sound would be arrested. i receive a call a few days later asking me to pick my car at 12. noon. and guess what i was kept waiting till 6pm. i was delivered a car at the time where there was no one to test drive. the customer relation person tells me , sir, if you trust us take the care the noise is arrested and our team have taken a proper test and the car is ok. i had no choice as i was heading to a hospital and was getting too late so i left.
the same night at around 9 i go out for dinner and on the way cluck cluck cluck the same noise surfaces again.
i call them the next morning and im asked to bring back the car. luckily i was still in cbe. i take my car to millennium and was told there are a few parts called as shims and probably they have not been fixed properly. god damn what do they mean when they say not fixed properly. highly incompetent. the service person is full of arrogance and knows no bit about the car. a complete fool. as i was waiting there the MD of millennium motors was around and i happened to talk to him. he was another filled with nothing person. talks sweetly but just to get away. he gives me his number and tells me to call him if i face further issues and he would be happy to help. i get my car back and leave for ooty and god damn it the sound still there.
i tried calling the md atleast 10 times and he never answers my call .i sent him text messages but its all in vain. no reply. So, thats where i understood that the people at the service centre lack culture because their bosses do so. i had spent so much time and money in following up this whole issue.
friends "never ever buy a skoda". they are a fiasco.
the next day i call up bangalore and send mails to many different addresses that i sourced from a few friends and from the internet. i get a stupid stereo type mail as above. thats it.
i get a call from the dealer again asking me to get the vehicle back.....
it was so bloody irritating. i refused to do so and said i would file suit against skoda and millenium. the customer relation officer says if you do so nothing will be done about your car it will be lying idle and the matter will be taken up by skoda legal department so you better not do any such thing. following her call i get a call fron their banglore office stating that they were very serious and wanted a last chance and requested me to drop the car at millennium and a technical team from skoda would come to cbe to inspect the car and rectify the problem.
fine , i leave my car there and for nearly a week nothing was done. i call them several times and they reply once. "IF ANY ONE AROUND CBE IS READING THIS , PLS AVOID PURCHASING FROM MILLENNIUM"
the so called technical team arrives at coimbatore and again reviews my car and this time they say its a problem with the "MECHATRONIC" . MECHATRONIC is the heart of the gear box. and can you believe it that i was sold a car with a defect in the gear box. cheats cheats cheats. i was told that the mechatronic unit was despatched and will take a week for it to arrive and the problem will be solved!!!

so! guys what do you think it is this time?

as usual the replacement of mechatronic never worked.
By this time i have a gear box ripped nearly 5 time. hows that for a 23 lakh rupee car. SUCKS.

i receive a mail now sayin that that the skoda technical team now recommended a gear box replcement was required and the gear box had to be replaced and the same was ordered and would take 5 days for it to arrive and under guidelines from skoda (who sit in one part of the country ) the gear box would be replaced.
so you see how competent and knowledgeable skoda and its technical team is. they are not sure what they are doing. they lack expertise and the service centre lacks etiquette and basic mannerism.
“SAY NO TO SKODA”
i wait for one whole week and finally the gear box arrives (23.03.11).
i was given delivery of my car on 24th. i was asked to pick up my car at 3.00 pm on 24th march and i was given delivery at 8.05.pm. they keep me waiting the whole evening. do i need to take this kind of treatment from a delaer and skoda. "obsessed to pathetic quality".
i never signed their papers where it said job done since as it was late and also as ever there was no technical person. only the customer relation manager and watch man.
i take delivery of my car and leave for my 100 kms journey to ooty!!!!

any guesses what happened next. !!

as usual the rattling got worse. :steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears::steamingears:
there was a bad sound in a stationery car while the engine is on whenever i shift from p to d and d to p. apart from the same old sound that still existed and as a matter fact the noise was worse and more often.
on the 25th morning i called millennium and they said probably the software updation would have got disrupted so it could be the cause and their technical person will visit my home in ooty on sunday morning and update the software. this is the pits. how the hell could they have given my car to me without verification. i would have waited for another day if they had asked me to.
on sunday the person who was supposed to be here at 10 arrived at 2.00pm and did nothing about it. wasted a lot of my time.
he tells me that the software need to be updated online and for that i need to take my car back to the service centre and it was a one hour job. gosh sick and tired i agreed.
i spoke to the customer relation manager asking her to give me a spare car for two hours while the car will be updated and she promised me the same. i reach millennium on tuesday and all i receive a cold and rude behavior from all at millennium. while i ask for the spare car she rudely replies WAIT my md is with some guests i will have to talk to him. they keep me waiting for an hour and no response. i again ask her for the spare car and the same pathetic behavior pissed me of big time. so i waited in the customer lounge from 12.00pm to 2.30 pm. their customer lounge stinks to the core. its unbelievable skoda can treat you like this. at 2.30 i come into the service centre and see there is no one. i am told that the concerned people have left for lunch. i have never been treated so badly. and no one need to treated like this and more so after paying such a huge amount. the technical person in millennium has the guts to tell me that this is a normal sound for all superb petrol cars!!! piss off! then why could he not tell this to his skoda technical team.
that was the day i deceided i would rather leave my car in mid road but would never take it millennium and drove back to ooty.
“SAY NO TO SKODA”

I am not sure what to say siddhart. You have been through a terrible experience with your Skoda Superb. It is truely pathetic on Skoda's part that they are harrassing their customer like this.

i again ask her for the spare car and the same pathetic behavior pissed me of big time. so i waited in the customer lounge from 12.00pm to 2.30 pm. their customer lounge stinks to the core.
Do not want to add to your anger, but even an independent car service station here offers a spare car if customer needs one. Thanks for sharing your experience which will definitely help the prospective buyers.

I am keen to know what is the current status of your car?

Last edited:

Top Bottom