The Skoda "Superb Nightmare" for Rs. 23,00,000

Whoa just now finished reading the whole thread and one thing i can come to the conclusion is that the so-called international companies come here and sell their cheap rated products at a higher rates with so much of hype and make a lot of profits.
Indians are truly being taken for a ride with them.

Regarding the service station,how can they be so careless on looking over the matter of a premium sedan(in fact the costliest car of Skoda)?,They charge exorbitantly and do nothing?

So many issues with Superb?

So those reviews by "experts" are to be taken with a pinch of salt always

These kind of issues should be defenitely taken to Consumer court.
Yeah, infact, I have also observed that auto shows on TV, always show bad things about Tata cars & if the car is good, they keep it out of comparison.

Eg. Tata Nano came with single wiper....these PAID auto chaps began saying how come Tata did this & that but when Toyota Etios came with single wiper, there was no comment on wiper & rather everyone gave thumbs up for this junk car. Other eg. used was single reverse light.

In one of episode (either Overdrive or Autocar), there was a comparo between Scorpio, Ford Endeavor & one more car (forgot it, quite old story). But in this, they kept out the Safari which was just launched with 2.2 dicor.

Even in current times, you will see comparison between Etios, Dzire, Logan/Verito but Manza never figures in, any guesses to get the reason why ?[gun]

Being used as a cab does not mean that the car is having cheap image.
Its only Indian perception.

In Europe Merc cabs are common

However in this case I agree with you that Skoda is not having a brand image in international market.
No, no what I meant to say was look at the way we look at Indica/Indicab (not talking about Vista here), it was like.....ahh Taxi hogi. Same was the case with Qualis. Fact is that Skoda is not a reputed brand even in their home continent.

Merc cabs, yep but then even cops have BMWs.
Just hope Indians will not consider high price as a measure to good quality. It is only when this will happen, cos like Skoda will understand that Indians are no guinea pigs.

Whoa just now finished reading the whole thread and one thing i can come to the conclusion is that the so-called international companies come here and sell their cheap rated products at a higher rates with so much of hype and make a lot of profits.
Indians are truly being taken for a ride with them.

Regarding the service station,how can they be so careless on looking over the matter of a premium sedan(in fact the costliest car of Skoda)?,They charge exorbitantly and do nothing?
It is this type of feedback from Skoda owners which has made me think about Rapid. Even before I read Superb thread, I knew issues about Laura & Fabia. If Superb buyer is getting this sort of treatment, imagine what will happen to the buyer of Rapid or Fabia then [confused]. I think it was only Octavia which was the good car from Skoda.

From this thread, it is amply clear that Skoda stands true to it's name coz in Czech language, Skoda means damage or loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my friends have owned skoda cars & all have turned away from the brand no one looks to buy there cars cos all have had bad experiences.

Friend 1 - He bought this graphite colour octavia,he loved it alot considering it was hard earned money,he got some imported tints & added 17inch rims,he would tell how wonderful the car was to drive,even i thought so,oh yes the mileage wow 18kmpl,I knew what was coming his way cos I had heard other experiences,then it arrived bills on bills

A>the ac compressor fluid pipe would get cut & leak from debris,when he would switch it on ,ac unit went for a toss & if i remember it was around 24000
B>Fuel pump goes for a toss again a big bill,reason given was fuel quality was bad caused some problem,bill amount unknown but he looked upset
C>Ac compressor fluid pipe cuts again & ac unit goes for toss AGAIN,around 24000 bill again,i remember a fabia owner complaining of the same when he spoke to me.
D> Many other faults occurred which I do not remember specifically,by the time car had done 38000km he had paid way over 1.7lk in bills
My friend is a soft spoken fellow I feel he should have argued againt these faults,I told him its no use looking at your mileage figures cos it was an eye wash & constant problems never gave him peace of mind,I told him to get rid of it & he did,he is very happy with Cruz Ltz,they have a good maintenance package & the power has made him forget the skoda for good.

Friend 2-In this regard I do not hav much details on bill amount but I know they never bought a skoda again,car in question was a skoda octavia Rs, everyone would go wow on the turbo sound.
Turbo fails car is taken to dealer,he is told it will take a few days,it takes close to 2 months!!!! After he got the car there was a engine mount problem & also I believe an over heating problem,as per my knowledge over the year car sat at dealership for months & bills were in the lakhs.
Imagine paying lakhs of rupees for a car & you pay lakhs to maintain it while it sits at the dealership for months cos of no parts.In short for 3 yrs of usage it sat at dealership for 6 months

Friend 3- Another friend bought a used skoda,he thought he got a bargain until he gave it for service I guess clutch set & some other parts cost him around 50000,he paid up & sold the car after some months when other noises from around the car creep up.

In short 1 loan to own the car,another loan to maintain the car.

Last edited:
Most of my friends have owned skoda cars & all have turned away from the brand no one looks to buy there cars cos all have had bad experiences.

Friend 1 - He bought this graphite colour octavia,he loved it alot considering it was hard earned money,he got some imported tints & added 17inch rims,he would tell how wonderful the car was to drive,even i thought so,oh yes the mileage wow 18kmpl,I knew what was coming his way cos I had heard other experiences,then it arrived bills on bills

A>the ac compressor fluid pipe would get cut & leak from debris,when he would switch it on ,ac unit went for a toss & if i remember it was around 24000
B>Fuel pump goes for a toss again a big bill,reason given was fuel quality was bad caused some problem,bill amount unknown but he looked upset
C>Ac compressor fluid pipe cuts again & ac unit goes for toss AGAIN,around 24000 bill again,i remember a fabia owner complaining of the same when he spoke to me.
D> Many other faults occurred which I do not remember specifically,by the time car had done 38000km he had paid way over 1.7lk in bills
My friend is a soft spoken fellow I feel he should have argued againt these faults,I told him its no use looking at your mileage figures cos it was an eye wash & constant problems never gave him peace of mind,I told him to get rid of it & he did,he is very happy with Cruz Ltz,they have a good maintenance package & the power has made him forget the skoda for good.

Friend 2-In this regard I do not hav much details on bill amount but I know they never bought a skoda again,car in question was a skoda octavia Rs, everyone would go wow on the turbo sound.
Turbo fails car is taken to dealer,he is told it will take a few days,it takes close to 2 months!!!! After he got the car there was a engine mount problem & also I believe an over heating problem,as per my knowledge over the year car sat at dealership for months & bills were in the lakhs.
Imagine paying lakhs of rupees for a car & you pay lakhs to maintain it while it sits at the dealership for months cos of no parts.In short for 3 yrs of usage it sat at dealership for 6 months

Friend 3- Another friend bought a used skoda,he thought he got a bargain until he gave it for service I guess clutch set & some other parts cost him around 50000,he paid up & sold the car after some months when other noises from around the car creep up.

In short 1 loan to own the car,another loan to maintain the car.
Thanks for the info buddy. It seems AC prob is universal, that Laura & Fabia too have same issues as mentioned before in this thread. The worst part about Skoda is even after servicing, the prob doesn't dissapear. In several cases, it only increases.

I would rather prefer Tata over Skoda at any given point of time.

Btw, how is the A.S.S of Nissan ? Not getting any answers for Nissan. Let me know.:please:

It must have been a really a painful experience for you buddy. What I'd suggest is gather all evidence of dealer/workshop visits be them verbal or recordings or documents and file a case in consumer court. Also reach out to major news channels/paper media.

Hope you get is sorted out soon.

freakdude.

It must have been a really a painful experience for you buddy. What I'd suggest is gather all evidence of dealer/workshop visits be them verbal or recordings or documents and file a case in consumer court. Also reach out to major news channels/paper media.

Hope you get is sorted out soon.

freakdude.
+1. Then there are also TV shows like 'Pehredar' on CNBC AWAZ & similar ones on other biz channels too. Contact them too. Many people have got good results after communicating with them.

Yeah, infact, I have also observed that auto shows on TV, always show bad things about Tata cars & if the car is good, they keep it out of comparison.

Eg. Tata Nano came with single wiper....these PAID auto chaps began saying how come Tata did this & that but when Toyota Etios came with single wiper, there was no comment on wiper & rather everyone gave thumbs up for this junk car. Other eg. used was single reverse light.

In one of episode (either Overdrive or Autocar), there was a comparo between Scorpio, Ford Endeavor & one more car (forgot it, quite old story). But in this, they kept out the Safari which was just launched with 2.2 dicor.

Even in current times, you will see comparison between Etios, Dzire, Logan/Verito but Manza never figures in, any guesses to get the reason why ?[gun]
Its simple

Its a well known fact that automobile industry is where Sales/Marketing people get paid by rivals for not selling their own company products.

Same thing is applicable to those "experts" also.

And whether somebody agree or not its a fact that TATA is rather shy or lagging behind other companies in bribing/or buying extra services what ever one may call it. (it may be because of business ethics also)

Btw, how is the A.S.S of Nissan ? Not getting any answers for Nissan. Let me know.:please:
As far as I am aware nissan parts for the x trail & teana cost a bomb,but they meet expectations,as for as micra none of whom I know have bought it,but micra parts are sensibly priced am guessing

Top Bottom