The Skoda "Superb Nightmare" for Rs. 23,00,000

Thread Starter #31
HI ALL!

firstly thanks for all the comments suggestions and views. the problem in my car is quite certainly from the gear box. i have been requesting skoda to replace a gear box for a long time and finally they agreed but have again replaced it with a faulty one. i also got an extention one warranty on my car. in warranty i would never take it to an unauthorized service centre as it would doom my car for good. its very painful after i pay 2300000 i have to deal its service outside the company responsible for it.
after i received my car from millennium on 24th i had a talk with skoda banglore and told them that the sound is still there and for any future service my car will never go to millennium nor will i enter millennium. i dont want to associate my self with such ruthless people. also i would no longer make dealer visits, skoda has to pick my car and take it to any other skoda service centre.
yesterday my car was picked up from ooty by a salem assc and my car was taken to s7 motors salem.
these guys without my permission drive my car from salem to bangalore. they wanted a long test trial they say so.
this morning i get a call from skoda saying the sound is an operational sound. now that the worst thing i would want to hear. two of my friends have the same car. i dont hear any operational sound as such from any of the cars.
these people are really trying to cheat me on this.
i will fight this out with skoda in every possible manner. but my main reason for these posting is that i want people all around to know what skoda india is all about. they are the biggest jerks on earth. they calling it a operational sound simply proves their standard of quality thats in this car. i want as many people to read this post and spread the message so that not too many people are fooled and cheated this way. the dealers talk big while selling their cars. you dont know skoda while you buy a car. but when you experience service and skodas attitude you will never want to touch their cars.
"never ever buy this piece of junk(skoda)"
"say no to skoda"

Hello Siddarth, i can understand your ordeal.
It feels pathetic to know that they are incompetent in solving your problem.
I hope you have records of all your visit.
And never return back from A.S.S without the job card done on the day they had done repair.
As you can go to consumer court if you have all the documents.

And one thing i would like to know, don't they take a test drive after the work is done with customer??

After all the customer can tell at the spot , what sound you are hearing and the same thing has to be rectified.
And when ever you are in A.S.S do go with them when they are testing the car, so that you can take the car only when problem is solved, or visit another A.S.S in your town.

In all visits it seems like you have never tested the vehicle after they have tried to fix it.

And you are feeling that the problem remains the same after reaching your home i.e. 100 kms away.

Sad to hear , yeah that is skoda attitude. Hell lot of complaints are there against them.

In cbe there are Loads of good mechanics. Just try with them once. ask them to find the fault and cover up and go to service station and ask them to replace the part which is found faulty. A good , trusted , private garage is run by EXPERIENCED mechanic , and not by the kid as in ASS , and the technical people , so called , toppers in engineering , err by mugging up the whole book . Yep some of my mugging up friends are in technical line too , hmm fit for nothing .

Since you are in covai , it will be not a big problem , you have got experienced race mechanics too around!

ilango said:
In cbe there are Loads of good mechanics. Just try with them once. ask them to find the fault and cover up and go to service station and ask them to replace the part which is found faulty.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE PRIVATE WORKSHOP, you will have to loose the Warranty. This reason would be enough for SKODA to turn it against you. Be-Careful.

You have all the rights to see them in the Consumer Court. You can pitch in for a new car or atleast a compensation towards delivering a faulty car to you.,

I wish you get out of this soon..!

P.S: Service advisors in SKODA take their customers for GRANTED..! They dont answer their mobiles and if you call reception you will get an answer that Service advisors are in a meeting (all day [surprise]) despite being rude. Moreover they never live on their delivery commitments. My point here is that its not only Millenium Motors, but seems every SKODA service center does the same. I am used to this in Chennai. [frustration]

Last edited:
warrenty , the thing used by service people , to get people loose their wealth and time to them.

A good experience mechanic will surely be able to get the problem rectified . atleast hint , where is the real problem is.

After all its our money and our car !

ilango[speed thirst];73416 said:
warrenty , the thing used by service people , to get people loose their wealth and time to them.

A good experience mechanic will surely be able to get the problem rectified . atleast hint , where is the real problem is.

After all its our money and our car !
I agree with ilango here. A good mechanic can help you identify the problem segment / area. You need not to get it repaired from him. Skoda ASS is a big problem and most of us have already heard about it.

I can understand your state of mind but someone also suggested that when you inform about an issue. Service advisor take customer along on a test drive to check and confirm that the issue has been addressed. But in your case, you took delivery only in the late evening, why? I mean, you could have asked them to either come along for a test drive or give delivery in the day time (morning)! See why am raising a doubt is that you gave them opportunity to play around you and they did exactly the same.

Going to consumer court is an option left but that would be a long fight and you never know who is going to get benefited out of it. So act first and react later. As suggested, meet some good, old and experienced mechanic and the amount of confidence you would get would be immense.

All the best and do let us know if you need TAI's support. Do not worry; people here are always going to support you no matter what

[thumbsup]

AMG

Suspended
Go to some good private workshop like Bosch or Carnation would be good enough.

Buddy, make a choice:

Gearbox or Warranty

GOSH i cannot even imagine the ordeal you must have gone through. I would not blame Skoda fully but their incompetent A.S.S. I was thinking i was having a horrid time with only TATA but after seeing this i can say TATA'S A.S.S is way better than Skoda!

And man , how much fuel you must have wasted driving from Ooty to Coimbatore so many times!

So what's the current state of the car?

Another skoda story.After spending 23L how can anyone get such a treatment?

My friend owns fabia petrol.Most of the time car is idle.His car is now 2 years old running is only 6k.He had paid 5k for servicing.Also front power window is not working.

Another skoda story.After spending 23L how can anyone get such a treatment?

My friend owns fabia petrol.Most of the time car is idle.His car is now 2 years old running is only 6k.He had paid 5k for servicing.Also front power window is not working.
Just an info , a non running car maintenance cost is more than a running one.
a car should not be kept idle for a long time.

but power window switch not working in 6k run car is a wrong thing. Ask your friend to check for rat probs.
they like to chew wires esp in idle cars!

Skoda and problem are infamous throughout the world !!

Sad to hear this. I had a similar experience with Maruti. Not only the dealer but also the Regional Service manager from MSIL was equally incompetent. This is a growing trend with all auto companies these days.

“SAY NO TO SKODA”
Sad to hear about the agony you went through. Can you let us know what is the latest situation ?
Btw, it is here when it makes sense to opt for cars like VW Passat. Though you don't get goodies like Superb, VW is far better than Skoda, despite being its mother company. It is therefore no wonder that VW is now selling 4 times the cars sales of Skoda, despite entering Indian market in 2007. In Europe too, VW outsells Skoda by huge margin & frankly Skoda in EU is not respected either. You can find these cars even as cabbies there.

VW Passat wins over Superb hands down.

ilango[speed thirst];73395 said:
Sad to hear , yeah that is skoda attitude. Hell lot of complaints are there against them.
Yep, I know a guy who has AC probs in his Laura, which is not being sorted out despite the car going in & out for past 3-4 months. Seems Skoda just wants to sell cars at premium rate & forget about A.S.S.

Go to some good private workshop like Bosch or Carnation would be good enough.

Buddy, make a choice:

Gearbox or Warranty
Does Bosch services all types of cars ?[confused] Is there any Bosch outlet in Pune ? If their services are good, it is then good to take cars to them after warranty expires of the car. I found this link:-

http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/8622.htm

Has anyone used the services of either of these centres ?

Last edited:
So many issues with Superb?

So those reviews by "experts" are to be taken with a pinch of salt always[evil]

These kind of issues should be defenitely taken to Consumer court.

Skoda in EU is not respected either. You can find these cars even as cabbies there.

Has anyone used the services of either of these centres ?
Being used as a cab does not mean that the car is having cheap image.
Its only Indian perception.

In Europe Merc cabs are common

However in this case I agree with you that Skoda is not having a brand image in international market.

Top Bottom