The Shining Blue TVS Jupiter 125: My Latest Two-Wheeler

Thread Starter #32

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi @Nairrk sir, was the issue solved regarding fuel level?
See post no. 24 - the fuel level error automatically got settled after few minutes stop and go ride. Will see if the problem arises when I fill fuel next time.

Anyway, I will ask service centre guys to check this during the next service. Periodical service is overdue. Since it has been raining here continuously for almost last one month I am delaying the service till the rain situation improves.

As I almost reached near the service centre, decided to talk to the guys who suggested that they will check it out at the next service.The service has been already overdue, so planning to do it tomorrow.

Oh maybe I might have missed...Didn't hear the service update, hence asked!

Thread Starter #34

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Oh maybe I might have missed...Didn't hear the service update, hence asked!
Yes, I did not update because I have been waiting for the service to be done, which delayed due to very heavy rain here since the beginning of this month. Planning to do the service by the end of this month or early next month. Will give an update after the service.

Yes, go for a test ride and get clarified everything you have in mind (may be you can talk to them about the tank over flowing problem as per above video) and finalise the scooter only if you are fully satisfied.

All the best.!
Thank you for your input, Caught up with some work last weekend so couldn't go for a TD, will be doing it this weekend and will update after that.

Thread Starter #36

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Completed 1st service today at 517kms.

Have asked them to check/do:

1- Check the oil tank sensor (see post nos 20 & 24 above to see my complaint)

2- Front bag hook broken

3- Fit a lady's handle (I was promised to fit one as a free accessory upon dearly but they missed out)

What they did:

1- They confirm that there is no problem with the sensor. They advise that it happens in vehicles with Fiuel Injector and once the low fuel indication starts blinking, then it takes a few kms drive to get the sensor to function normally. The best way is to fill up fuel once you see the 2 bars in the fuel level indicator.

2- Replaced with a new bag hook - Cost Rs.38.28

3- Ladys handle: they don't have one in stock (reason - no one uses this nowadays)

And

Oil change done. TVS Tru4skuuta 1- Cost Rs.254.24

Consumables - Rs.80/- (may be for the cotton they use to clean??)

Besides, the scooter was washed and cleaned well free of cost.

Total expense, including Tax - Rs. 430/-

++

After taking the scooter from the service centre, I filled full tank fuel and fuel indicator still blinks. May be it will settle after riding 5 to 10 kms.!

That's all now.
///

Finally, after a long waiting of around 3.5 months, I got my scooter delivered on 10th February, 2022.

Now, it's time for me to pen down a brief ownership review

The search for a new two wheeler started in the month of August 2021. I was having an 5 year old scooter which was given away to my relative thinking that I would go for an electric scooter. Of course, that decision was taken in a hurry without checking the market and availability of a good electric scooter in my area.

Frankly speaking, I was not having much knowledge about electric scooters at that time, but after giving away my old scooter, I started reading YouTube reviews of various local electric scooters, but only one or two brands were available in my area which were of course Chinese made parts assembled here and marketed as India made vehicles. And the worst was almost all of them are of slow speed scooters - 250W motor with max speed 25km/h)

Also, Opinion from others, including other TAI members was that considering my low usage, an electric vehicle is not at all needed and may not be able to save any money (electric vehicles are usually worth for those who drive atleast 30 kms a day or more. My usage of a two wheeler has been very low all these years, i.e. just about 100/120 kms per month so its not that worth going in for an electric vehicle.

There were a couple of branded ones like Ather and TVS iQube which reviews were good, but unfortunately, both of them do not have a dealership nearby my place. A good 2 months passed by searching for a good electric scooter and eventually I couldn't locate any decent brand, I started looking for Petrol variants again.

The scooters checked were TVS Ntorq, Honda Grazia, Hero Maestro Edge 125 Bluetooth, Access 125 Bluetooth. I took my friend along with me (He also was looking for a new two wheeler to replace his old Bike) who has more experience in two wheeler, to whom I have asked to test ride TVS Ntorq (the others didn't have a test ride vehicle hence unable take a test ride) and he liked the vehicle's drive quality. I too liked the scooter but I didn't like the body graphics and also the external Fuel tank lid as well as the seat opening lock was kept down below the seat (left side).

The confusion kept growing and I was not in a position to make a decision and at that time I have seen a media report that TVS planning to launch a new 125CC scooter which later confirmed that it was going to be the Jupiter 125.

So, I decided to wait for the launch of the new scooter. I spoke to the TVS dealer in my area (Malabar Motors) whose Managing Partner Mr.Ashokan is well known to me for over a decade (I purchased 3 vehicles and 2 scooters purchased by my relatives as per my recommendation from them in the last 10 years) to let me know when the new scooter will be available to see/check it.

IIn the meantime, I have been getting regular calls from another dealership for their Scooter a 125CC fully digital console with Bluetooth connected.
They even ready to provide me a test ride vehicle, but I did not show much interest as I already decided to buy a new vehicle from known people rather than a new dealer.
I also knew well the Service head of the TVS dealership so do not want to change my decision.

It is always better to deal with a dealer where you have known people around as after sales service is more important than purchasing a new vehicle

When I got confirmation from him that scooter arrived at the dealership, self along with my friend again visited the showroom on 21st October, 2021 and seen (also test driven) the scooter and we both liked it especially the large under seat storage area and the new style/look. The sales executive suggested me to pay Rs.1000 so that they can book one which I agreed. Though, the girl advised that the waiting period was around 10/15 days, but I never received that good news till 3rd week of January 2022 and I too did not push them all these days.

January 2022

Since I was not getting any positive news, I called them in the last week of Jan 22 and was promised that new scooter will be made available in a couple of days and finally I was asked to pay the full amount which I did on 2nd February 2022. The documents submitted to the RTO on the same day and was waiting for the completion of Registration formalities.

On 5th Feb the Registration number was allotted by the RTO and on 8th Feb HSRP number plate was received. I got a call from the dealer informing that the scooter will be ready for delivery on 9th of Feb, but I took delivery of the scooter on 10th of February. The ODO meter shown '1km' at the time of delivery

Delivery process was very smooth, all documents handed over to me, photos taken etc. - all over within 30 minutes.

Accessories: Seat Cover and Foot mat were given as FREE from the dealer and I opted for steel guard (Rs.2000) and scooter body cover (Rs.300).

Driven the scooter for about 1/1.5 kms and then took her to a petrol pump and filled full tank (3.92 litre has to be filled up to get the tank full mark which means around 1.1 litre was there in the tank on taking delivery). Since then I did a test drive like for 8 kms just to feel how the scooter performs, before I reach home.

It is too early to give a pros and cons about the scooter, but my initial findings are:

Pros:

1- The scooter impresses with its stability and handling , while the refinement levels are right up there
2- The scooter comes with largest under-seat storage capacity (33 litres). and that's ample space to store a lot more than knick-knacks. Two half-face helmets
will fit easily. There's also the usual hooks and an open mini glove box too.
3- The floorboard is quite large and not only accommodates the rider's legs well but is wide enough to carry other things, may be a gas cylinder.
4- The seat is long and possibly can accommodate 3 people, though it is not allowed by law.
5- The fuel tank is placed under the floorboard with reinforcements all around and the fuel filler lid is placed on the apron which is very convenient.

TVS Jupiter 125 comes with a new semi-digital instrument cluster that includes an analogue speedometer and LCD for readouts such as trip meter, odometer, malfunction indicator, average fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy, distance-to-empty, clock, helmet reminder, Side stand indicator etc.

The Jupiter 125 shares its wheelbase with the 110CC engine Jupiter, but is longer by about 18mm. One of the reasons why this 125 CC scooter gets a longer seat.

Cons:

Too early to find out any cons on the scooter. However, wish they should have come with a fully digital instrument panel,which is already available in other brand scooters of similar range. Ofcourse TVS Ntorq comes with Bluetooth connected and digital panel, but thought TVS would provide a similar instrument panel in Jupiter 125 also.

Further, most of the other brands have the black colour for their scooters, which also missing here on Jupiter 125.

There was no Owners manual given this time instead there was a Service Handbook (just 28 pages) contains service related matters and other major topics like TVS area office details, Safety information, Running in information, Safe riding tips, Recommenede lubricants, Warranty and Services, Service information, Technical specification of the vehicle, Free and Paid service record sheet etc.

TVS Motors already sent me a link with Owners manual which has to be downloaded and printed, if needed (another cost cutting process from TVS motors). It contains 88 pages and if we have to take a print out of all pages definitely need minimum one full ink cartridge.,!

My sincere thanks to all in the dealership M/s. Malabar Motors, Payyanur, especially for Mr. Ashokan K (Managing Partner) and Mr. Biju KV for all their cooperation and assistance throughout this scooter purchase process.

Herewith some pictures of the Blue Beauty:

The Jupiter 125
View attachment 293517

The front view
View attachment 293518

OEM Kick Starter (Initially the scooter came without a Kick Starter)
View attachment 293519

Central Console
View attachment 293520

Fuel Tank cap
View attachment 293521

Front Disc Brake/Telescopic front Fork
View attachment 293522

Multifuncion all in one lock, Smartphone charger and front Glove Box
View attachment 293523

Head light switch (Dim/Beam), Pass switch, Turn indicator switch and Horn switch
View attachment 293524

Meter Console when Ignition ON position
View attachment 293525

The large (33 Litres) under seat storage
View attachment 293526

First aid kit and tool kit pack kept under the seat
View attachment 293527

Chasis Number(VIN)
View attachment 293528

The Rear side of the scooter
View attachment 293529

View attachment 293530

Foot mat
View attachment 293531

Parking Brake (rear)
View attachment 293532

The headlight
View attachment 293533

Rear View mirror with Chrome insert
View attachment 293534

Intelligo switch - Engine cut off automatically if idle more than 15 seconds if kept on ON condition
View attachment 293535

The Keys
View attachment 293536

Hi Brother, i have just done first service of my TVs Jupiter 125 and it cost me 1850 rs. Is it ok

Thread Starter #38

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi Brother, i have just done first service of my TVs Jupiter 125 and it cost me 1850 rs. Is it ok
Why Rs.1850? , The first service is supposed to be free except Oil change and minor consumables. It costed me only Rs.430 which includes the cost of a new bag hook (Rs.38).

So, Rs.1850 seems high!

I purchased a titanium grey one on 25, February. I have been using it for work. Ride 175 km already. I am happy to see more Malayalis are choosing TVS Jupiter 125 and going through same dilemma for an electric scooter. I was waiting for Ola S1 Air but it's only available In July even with pre-booking and will take more time. I didn't research much on it rather than saving 2000 bucks every month for petrol with 400 bucks electricity bill. And obviously, I noticed ride experience is important. So, I searched for the perfect scooter on my terms and found this. As for accesories, I got the same helmet as yours. The Service Manager talked about a full liter of petrol before purchasing. Got blinking Empty when on hand. I did not mind it at all, after all, it was just marketing. Anyway, I'm loving my ride with a good pickup speed showing the good quality of 125 cc. Love the aerodynamics of the ride. Mostly, comfortable on road even in festival times like poorams". The only problem is that intelligo feature is not working as expected. In dense roads, when idle, it correctly turns off the engine as expected. But after few minutes, when you pull the brake and turn the acceleration, it should work, but instead, the user get panics, and vehicles behind you blow horns as usual. It must have something to do with the battery. I read the manual. you need to have a speed above 30 km to have a good battery run and also 12 V on terminals. The battery is situated in the front panel. I already informed it in the service and I found it's a common issue for the users by watching some honest reviews on YouTube. I recommend the user read the manual fully to have a good understanding of TVS Jupiter 125. It'seven packed with indicators on tyres and engine oil and much more.
IMG_20230225_114048~4.jpg

The only problem is that intelligo feature is not working as expected. In dense roads, when idle, it correctly turns off the engine as expected. But after few minutes, when you pull the brake and turn the acceleration, it should work, but instead, the user get panics, and vehicles behind you blow horns as usual.
Once the intelligo feature turns the engine off, you have to start it by blipping the accelerator (turning the accelerator towards you and then in the opposite direction till it reaches the end) while pressing the brake lever.
Screenshot_20230301-010914.png

Thread Starter #41

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congratulations on your new purchase.[cheers]

Regarding the intelligo feature - I too was having problem with this technology until the first service when I discussed this issue with Service Manager. He explained to me how it works i.e. once the engine is off/idle (intelligo functions) and again if we want to start the engine keep pressing the brake lever, rev up the throttle fully and release the brake only after the engine fires.

What I was doing earlier was, press the brake lever, start rev the throttle and immediately release the brake which was wrong. Now the system works fine for me and no problem starting the bike in any traffic condition.

Enjoy the ride!

Thread Starter #42

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Second free Service done yesterday. The ODO reading was 1262kms

No mechanical complaints reported, however the luggage hook which was changed in the first service again loosens and now they don't have a stock available, hence kept
this job pending for later.

It seems the front luggage hook losing out is very common in Jupiter 125 and the service guys get similar complaints from many Jupiter owners. They simply say that
I have carried more weight hence it happened but if a hook which can brake when we carry parcel weighing up to 2kgs is not worth having such hook.!

Oil not changed as they said oil condition is good and no need to change now

Water service not done due to water shortage now (summer shortage)

Total bill Rs.94/- [:)]

Top Bottom