The Shining Blue TVS Jupiter 125: My Latest Two-Wheeler

Thread Starter #17

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Remove/fold the side stand to start.
I tried to start the scooter with the center stand and not on side stand (I know that, except a beep sound nothing will work when the scooter on side stand). What I was wondering is that the scooter starts easily (cold start) using the push start, but using kick start it need more kicks or sometime not starting at all.!

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I tried to start the scooter with the center stand and not on side stand (I know that, except a beep sound nothing will work when the scooter on side stand). What I was wondering is that the scooter starts easily (cold start) using the push start, but using kick start it need more kicks or sometime not starting at all.!
Dont push start.Its harmful for bs6 engine.

Thread Starter #19

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today, when I switched on the ignition, the fuel gauge shown as 2 bars, DTE 73 kms. After driving for 2 minutes, the fuel gauge came down to one bar and its started blinking. The fuel warning light, as well as the (' caution') warning light on the console, also came up. I was little worried when seeing all these indicators blinking along, though there was more than one litre petrol available in the tank.

In order not to take a chance, I drove to the nearby petrol pump and filled petrol for Rs.200/- (in fact, I have asked the guy to do the full tank, but seems the guy is new and uncomfortable in filling full tank, hence I told him to put for Rs, 200 - this is the practice they regularly do to all the vehicle and easy for them to fill the petrol).

The petrol gauge then started showing 3 bars and all the indicators gone off. Why it happened, i.e. blinking all indicator lights even though there was enough petrol available in the tank - is it because of fuel injection technology?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Fuel gauge malfunction

This morning I found that the fuel gauge of my scooter started blinking and took the scooter to the nearby petrol bunk filled with 3 litre petrol. Even after filling the tank with petrol the low fuel indicator light kept blinking (driven around 5/6kms after filling fuel).

In the previous occasion same thing happened, but after driving about a km or so the blinking stopped and the gauge started showing full bars, but today even after driving 5/6 kms the gauge still keep on blinking and fuel gauge showing empty.

What could be the problem ?

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Fuel guage malfunction

This morning I found that the fuel gauge of my scooter started blinking and took the scooter to the nearby petrol bunk filled with 3 litre petrol. Even after filling the tank with petrol the low fuel indicator light kept blinking (driven around 5/6kms after filling fuel).

In the previous occasion same thing happened, but after driving about a km or so the blinking stopped and the gauge started showing full bars, but today even after driving 5/6 kms the gauge still keep on blinking and fuel gauge showing empty.

What could be the problem ?
1) sensor issue,loose connection somewhere.
2) float issue,bouy issue. But seen more in old vehicles.
3) wiring harness issue. Rat bite etc.
4) no issue. If OEM says it's designed like this way only.

Thread Starter #23

Nairrk

Honoured Member
1) sensor issue,loose connection somewhere.
2) float issue,bouy issue. But seen more in old vehicles.
3) wiring harness issue. Rat bite etc.
4) no issue. If OEM says it's designed like this way only.
Possibly a faulty fuel float or a loose coupler.
Thanks quick reply from both of you - planning to take her to the service centre tomorrow as a service is also due now.

Thread Starter #24

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update

Today I took the scooter to the Service centre, but en route there was a little bit of traffic - stop and go like for 5 minutes and then suddenly I noticed that the light blinking has gone and fuel gauge showing correct reading. I have turned off/on the ignition couple of times and found the problem solved.

As I almost reached near the service centre, decided to talk to the guys who suggested that they will check it out at the next service.The service has been already overdue, so planning to do it tomorrow.

Hi, I am in the market to replace my 12 year old Honda Activa with a new scooter and the practicality offered by Jupiter 125 (Mainly the 33l boot) was the reason I am looking for it as an upgrade candidate than with 6G Activa and have been reading above review and others on youtube related to Jupiter 125 petrol tank position issues, is it very concerning? And I plan to keep it for at least the next 10 years and replace it with an electric one later on when it's into the mainstream market.
It's been 2 months since the last post, can you please share some light on the present condition, and is it safe to go with Jupiter 125?

Thread Starter #26

Nairrk

Honoured Member
others on youtube related to Jupiter 125 petrol tank position issues, is it very concerning?
I didn't find any difficulty or inconvenience so far with the petrol tank position - really what was the issue pointed out in the YouTube stories?

It's been 2 months since the last post, can you please share some light on the present condition, and is it safe to go with Jupiter 125?
No issue so far - all going well. I am getting around 55/57kmpl for short rides which I feel very good.

I didn't find any difficulty or inconvenience so far with the petrol tank position - really what was the issue pointed out in the YouTube stories?
There are videos regarding Fuel getting reversed to nozzle and then overflowing through bottom pipe, especially when parked in hot Sun. Even when not filled to the brim, which is the only concern that is resisting me from going out with its purchase.

No issue so far - all going well. I am getting around 55/57kmpl for short rides which I feel very good.
That's good to hear, I would also be using it for short runs within the city.

Thread Starter #28

Nairrk

Honoured Member
There are videos regarding Fuel getting reversed to nozzle and then overflowing through bottom pipe, especially when parked in hot Sun. Even when not filled to the brim, which is the only concern that is resisting me from going out with its purchase..
I have not experienced any such problem so far. Few of my neighbours also have got this model and have not heard any complaints from them too so far. Not sure if any one of our forums has experienced similar Petrol tank related problems or heard any such incidents from their friends circle.

Meanwhile, I have seen a video showing the tank position and its safe placement etc. see below:

I have not experienced any such problem so far. Few of my neighbours also have got this model and have not heard any complaints from them too so far. Not sure if any one of our forums has experienced similar Petrol tank related problems or heard any such incidents from their friends circle.

Meanwhile, I have seen a video showing the tank position and its safe placement etc. see below:

Thank you for the reassuring reply, Hope it's a one-off product that the below video owner faced.
Planning to go for a test ride this weekend.

Thread Starter #30

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thank you for the reassuring reply, Hope it's a one-off product that the below video owner faced.
Ok, I have seen the video. It's nice to hear that the owner got a full refund from TVS. It seems that particular scooter has such problem/defect and not all Jupiter 125 facing that kind of trouble. It sometime happens on any product. Anyway, I am happy that I haven't faced such problem as yet.

Planning to go for a test ride this weekend.
Yes, go for a test ride and get clarified everything you have in mind (may be you can talk to them about the tank over flowing problem as per above video) and finalise the scooter only if you are fully satisfied.

All the best.!

Top Bottom