Rise & Fall Of Fuel Prices in India

Re: Petrol Prices Reaching Sky High!!!

A simple solution that I feel may help is that the Govt. could tax all diesel vehicles purchased for private purposes leaving the commercial vehicles to ply as usual. This way th prices of other commodities like food grain,vegetables etc will not be affected and still the Govt. gets a leverage thereby relieving Oil Companies of bearing the burden when importing crude.

Does this make sense to anyone ?

On a lighter note It's high time that all "petrolheads" convert themselves to "dieselhead" or "CNGhead".
We should pray to god that the crisis in Libya should tame down as early as possible else crude oil can go to $150/barrel or even above. [angel]

A simple solution that I feel may help is that the Govt. could tax all diesel vehicles purchased for private purposes leaving the commercial vehicles to ply as usual. This way th prices of other commodities like food grain,vegetables etc will not be affected and still the Govt. gets a leverage thereby relieving Oil Companies of bearing the burden when importing crude.

Makes a bit of sense, but then how can an individual be taxed for his choice of buying diesel?

This will in turn lead to more new ways of corruption and the corrupt govt officials will be the benefactors!

Reduce the taxes for petroleum products!

Nearby state of Pakistan which is in realtively bad economic state when compared to India has the rates much less than it is now in our country![frustration]

Dear xryder,

It will lead to a black market for diesel where in subsidised diesel will be sold by commercial operators to car owners. I feel the govt should reduce the heavy it.

Taxation on petroleum products. Follow the neighbours (pakistan, srilanka) in this respect. Since i am switching over to a diesel car hope diesel prices are not hiked.

Last edited by a moderator:

hope the days are nearing !!!

the day , when i am frustrated to the worst . gonna buy a lit for last time and burn my own car!!

Am cancelling some good moments ONLY due to petrol price

i was reading newspaper that government is thinking of deregulate Diesel also :(
is this for true? somebody explain please.

If so, it would almost cause havoc! Diesel price would shoot up by 10 to 11rs straight if deregulated!

also if i remember correctly few days ago there was written that CNG rate will go up by 5[frustration]

OT :i think Doom day is coming [lol]

Very soon Petrol / Diesel loans will be the most happening thing for banks....

Owning a car is no longer a luxury but filling it up definitely is !!! [frustration]

Very soon Petrol / Diesel loans will be the most happening thing for banks....

Owning a car is no longer a luxury but filling it up definitely is !!! [frustration]
ROFL ! I just could not stop laughing my head off here in my office cabin[lol]. I totally agree with you buddy. There is no escape unless somebody invents an engine that runs on Urine[:D]. Only that is available free of cost. Drinking water, soda, even a breath of fresh unpolluted air is expensive.

BF: where do you want to go ?
GF: somewhere expensive !!!
BF: Okay, Gas station it is !!!

:D

350Z

Core Team

Appreciate the valid statements in previous posts of this thread. Some of them really made me smile.

You have an excellent point here, Xryder. But as others said, I’m also afraid whether it is practically possible (and as easy as it sounds) in a country like ours.

i was reading newspaper that government is thinking of deregulate Diesel also :(
What? :eek: And I thought my next car is going to be a Diesel. Cannot be any better song for this situation than this. No?

YouTube - Mehngai Dayain (Peepli Live)(Song Promo)(www.krazywap.com).mp4

Drive Safe,
350Z

ilango[speed thirst];69508 said:
Hahaha , hehehe

dont know how to react [frustration][frustration]

But as , price of commodities and other essential things depend on the diesel , diesel price dont go up . atleast for next 3 to 5 year .
actually it was written that they will keep eye on fuel market and libya crisis for 4-6months before deciding

Top Bottom