Rise & Fall Of Fuel Prices in India

Re: Fuel Prices Reaching Sky High!!!

Again the common man faces brunt of increase in Fuel Prices.Everything will cost more.
For me even Public transport makes does not make any sense more as a middle income person in Delhi travels by three modes of transport namely Bus , Metro , Autorickshaw if your late or your in hurry and cycle rickshaw if you go to Chandni chowk or even in busy streets.

So any increase in fuel will mean expensive metro ( due to use of electricity), Bus fare and even cycle rickshaw ride already RS 20 for 700 meters will also rise to maybe Rs 30 citing increase in cost of amenities.
So its better to pay for petrol for your car and stay close to your office or college this way atleast some burden will reduce.

For those going by DTC Bus - a general all route pass ( non A/C) costs RS 800 and 1000 for A/C - Its too expensive for a month IMO.Even Cycling is not feasible in 43 degrees of sweltering heat of Delhi

Last edited:

Dhaya, you atleast have an option, but looks like i should sell off my car soon and get a diesel one. Except for the office car, every vehicle of our drinks Petrol[frustration].
Exact reason why i sold the lancer petrol

i will be happy with a car giving 12kmpl. but it should be diesel as the difference between the 2 is higher

Any which way you look at it, commuters in India are probably the most fuel conscious/efficient in the world.

Just take a look at these numbers. At 15 KMPL, a suzuki/hyundai car is gives about 35 MPG under indian driving conditions. And these cars have the lowest cost of maintenance.

Or take case of two wheelers like Hero Honda, etc. At 60 KMPL, we're talking about 150 MPG and almost zero maintenance costs.

However, I am not sure if this choice is voluntary or forced on the population.

I had a great dilemma while choosing between Vista QJD and 90PS. Luckily I choosed it correctly.

Simple rule of thumb if you can afford (barring driving pleasuer of petrol) get diesel one or atleast get LPG/CNG kit fitted to your car. Running only on Petrol would be tough proposition

Last edited:

Yup you are right I feel. [:)]
Well that leaves us with a few options then I guess! One of them of course is to start following our ancestors and use muscle power rather than machine power, we will be moving backwards in time rather than future and Indian cities will once more have bullock carts and horse carriages as the prime means of transport. [evil]

Feed for Bulls also have gone up. Farmers do complain!!!

So option left , earn like a devil. fill frequently and enjoy the drive!
Csnt live without cars!!

ilango[speed thirst];78334 said:
Feed for Bulls also have gone up. Farmers do complain!!!
!
Shifting from horse power to bull power eh?
Any day we all cannot live without cars, so will have to bear the ever increasing fuel prices.

well what about other fuel options like CNG and LPG then, it would make sense after seeing constant fuel rise and out of control scenario.Even for diesel companies are planning to have a free hand to choose price.Dont know if we might end up paying 100 bucks for a litre of petrol.
Seeing this price rise, wagonR cng makes me think a very good option for city driving.

370Z

Petrolheads, The price of Petrol to shoot upto Rs.5 from this midnight. Some difficult times ahead...[frustration]

Drive Safe,
370Z

Petrolheads, The price of Petrol to shoot upto Rs.5 from this midnight. Some difficult times ahead...[frustration]

Drive Safe,
370Z
Thats a very bad news. Very bad. These guys are not doing anything to control the prices. Planned to fuel up tonight and sure that it is a right time![frustration]

we have a place in gods own country which can be called the paradise for the 2 ts[;)]. the TIPPLERS & theTAI ans- its called Mahe, where booze & fuel are cheap. petrol is cheaper by rs 5 & diesel by rs 2.
booze is very cheap here [evil]one brand which costs rs 800 can be bought here for rs550.so welcome to Mahe to beat the fuel cost & to forget your sense of doom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom