Rise & Fall Of Fuel Prices in India

Re: Petrol Prices Reaching Sky High!!!

Logically, people only in the agricultural businesses should get the diesel subsidiary benefit.
It is not meant for everyone. just MHO.

Thread Starter #77

Yesterday i had to fill diesel in my hawk.
As the usual IOC where i fill was busy with lot's of vehicles i thought of going to Shell.
Thinking that paying 6-8 Rs more doesn't matters.
But while seeing the price in the Shell, i was shocked as if i was filling petrol.
It costed 57.80/ litre .
Its 15 Rs more than Govt Psu's.[surprise]
So i filled for 200/- and later made tank full at BPCL.

So how can Shell levy the same diesel for more price, though the quality remains same.

Mods: Please rename the thread to Fuel Prices Reaching Sky High!!!

Attachments

Simple reason private firms doesn't enjoy the subsidy of the govt. That is the reason reliance also came to a end in retail and

The actual reason behind the heavy hike in price is to please the private firms only to make them happy that is what I think.

What you paid is the actual price of diesel in India with all taxes paid and without subsidy but the real price remains of about 25rs or something like that without the tax paid.

Last edited:

Shell normal Petrol has gone upto 71.45 for normal petrol. At PSU's its about 65 bucks...6 bucks difference?? [frustration]

Thread Starter #81

Does Shell bunks have normal diesel too? I mean the normal Rs.40/litre diesel?
Dhaya the 42.30 of normal diesel is sold at shell for 57.80/-
They sell only normal diesel.
In petrol they have Super unleaded .

Phew , atlast relieved to some amount from high petrol price.

hey , i still own and drive a bike.

Earlier my bike would go a 150kms for 100 rs worth petrol

then it was 130
then it was 100
now its 85 to 90.

no the bike performance is not decreasing , thanks to petrol pricing.
hoping a day will come where my bike will run for 50kms for 100 rs worth petrol.

Ilango. You are in Pondi. The petrol price is Rs 6~7 less than chennai. What else you want [;)] . My heart pains when a guy rides Fz or P220 which gives 30~35 mileage. He is spending more than Rs2 for a Km. Fiesta, Punto, Logan can give 20~22 Kmpl of diesel with A/C on for the same price per km.

May be 6 to 7 rs less in pondicherry .
but it will kinda surprise only when you come and fill here.

we are used to this price and increase in price is hard for us too.

Petrol is 57
diesel 38

i have mentioned round off figure.

Re: Fuel Prices Reaching Sky High!!!

The Oil companies are putting pressure on Govt. to hike the prices of Petro By Rs.6. Heres what Economic Times reported.

Chief executives of state-run oil companies have rushed to Delhi to seek Petroleum Minister Jaipal Reddy's support in raising petrol prices by 5-6 per litre after the government unexpectedly deferred a decision on raising diesel, cooking gas and kerosene rates.

Petrol prices have been deregulated, but oil firms were selling the fuel at Rs 8 less than international rates in recent months as the oil ministry had informally asked them to hold back a price hike until assembly elections ended on May 10. Senior executives of the three oil firms confirmed that petrol prices were likely to rise after the meeting with the minister. "Any hike is expected only after 24 hours," said one executive, who did not want to be named.

OMG!!! 6 more rupees per litre. [anger]

What are we going to do???? My mill will drink like anything. [frustration]

OMG Rs.6 per litre then its should be around Rs.70 per litre! I will travel in my car itself if that is going to be the case!

OMG Rs.6 per litre then its should be around Rs.70 per litre! I will travel in my car itself if that is going to be the case!
Dhaya, you atleast have an option, but looks like i should sell off my car soon and get a diesel one. Except for the office car, every vehicle of our drinks Petrol[frustration].

Top Bottom