The Red Rocket: My Skoda Octy

Out of all discussed above, my preference would be X555. Better SQ, build quality and 3-pair of preouts are enough to make this decision.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #21
Hi Guys,

Finally i changed my head unit, Pioneer 1490UB, USB & Aux in future,

i changed from Radio Warehouse which comes to Rs. 4000/-

I was amazed with the sound quality compared with my previous Pioneer.

I will upload photos soon, due to file size i could not upload now.

Thread Starter #25
Hi, Friends,

last week our family went to thiruthani temple short trip, while back from temple my octy turns power less, in each gear when i push the throttle the car is in idle speed but RPM going up,

there is no power, i manged and took the vehicle to workshop, my mechanic test drive and told me the culprit is Clutch plate it is failed,

when i ask to ASS they quoted me 55K,

and my mech quoted me 25K, pls suggest me on this issue is the quote is reasonable.

Hi, Friends,

last week our family went to thiruthani temple short trip, while back from temple my octy turns power less, in each gear when i push the throttle the car is in idle speed but RPM going up,

there is no power, i manged and took the vehicle to workshop, my mechanic test drive and told me the culprit is Clutch plate it is failed,

when i ask to ASS they quoted me 55K,

and my mech quoted me 25K, pls suggest me on this issue is the quote is reasonable.

First of all, Yes it is a Clutch Plate failure if you dont get enough power delivery even when rpm goes up.

SMF or DMF?

If you are going to change your clutch kit, i would recmond you to change it to a Solid Mass flywheel. The Octavia tdi has a DMF(dual mass flywheel) as OEM. But the problem with DMF is that you have to change the flywheel with the Clutch kit which will cost you more. Changing your DFM to SMF is just bolt on and doesnt need any modifications/adjustments. And the next clutch change will be a lot cheaper(solid mass flywheel will become almost permanant/life of your car).

What if your flywheel is in good condition?

Even if the flywheel is in OKAY condition, it is recomended to change both clutch and flywheel. Becasue if one of them is old, it wears the other one down. which means older flywheel will burn your clutch in almost half of its actualy life.

I guess your mechanic is talking about a only clutch plate change (without DM flywheel).

And how many kms your car has has on the odo?

Drive Safe
Jeno.

Congrats for your car man

and I heard its a nice car
how come there are so many chips everywhere
you might need to do some touch up job

Thread Starter #28
Congrats for your car man

and I heard its a nice car
how come there are so many chips everywhere
you might need to do some touch up job
Thank you Code name47, the touch up jobs will be follow in near future,

This past week i changed my worn out clutch, with new LUK Innovative clutch, it's a DMF one,

Jeno,

I didn't speak with Abdul, i gave my car to my trusted mechanic itself,

the whole work take full 3 days, i was with the car most of the time since it was very sensitive makeover,

my mechanic ask to go for DMF due to SMF will give more vibration and some other reasons, follow the factory fitted DMF.

the total cost comes to Rs.23,500

Clutch, releasing bearing - Rs.19500/-

Gear Oil - Rs. 500/-

Labour - Rs. 3000/-

and Misc - Rs. 500/-

now the car is in good position back to life but i am on feeling that the car loosing some pickup however, specially in 2 nd gear is it ok or will i have to diagnose again.

but in higher gears there is no problem,

i will upload pic of my ride soon.

and jeno pls update your speaker setup in rear how did you arrest the rear tray jerking,

and also give me the split up for your Break Disc and Break pad price

i have to change for my car also and it's performance.

Thread Starter #29
This time i am with sad story,

Last week when i take right from one narrow road, a stupid load auto hit my Octy. I know he going to hit me and i try my best to avoid but the guy hit from driver door to rear fender,

after that only i came to know that auto does not have any break, i am controlled my anger and gave him full of mouth, get custody of his auto and ask for remedy, my mech came and gave estimate min 6000K so after some time the driver turn and settled 4000k.

I release him with heavy heart and scolds,

then i took back my octy and cleaned the defected areas with petrol and applied rubbing compound but some what i got the finishing back, i do not want to go for tinkering because it will destroy the reality of the car,

find below the pics of the act,

Attachments

This time i am with sad story,

Last week when i take right from one narrow road, a stupid load auto hit my Octy. I know he going to hit me and i try my best to avoid but the guy hit from driver door to rear fender,

after that only i came to know that auto does not have any break, i am controlled my anger and gave him full of mouth, get custody of his auto and ask for remedy, my mech came and gave estimate min 6000K so after some time the driver turn and settled 4000k.

I release him with heavy heart and scolds,

then i took back my octy and cleaned the defected areas with petrol and applied rubbing compound but some what i got the finishing back, i do not want to go for tinkering because it will destroy the reality of the car,

find below the pics of the act,

Sorry to hear the story.

These Auto walas driving to earn the money, but they won't take even care of there rides & make others into trouble.

Last edited:

Top Bottom