The Red Rocket: My Skoda Octy

Thread Starter #1
Hello beloved TAI's

I got my Preowned Skoda octy 20th April'12, it is 2005 model Elegance 1.9 TDI

that's was a real big experience after used my OHC 98 model for the past 4 years, Octy is a real treat a sudden boom and i like the way it response.

after lots of research in automotive forums i have choosen Octy because i need a diesel wheel.

I came across this octy since he is my friend who take care this octy very well, though the ODO showing 1,12,000 the car perform outstanding.

after a test drive i am pretty satisfied with the car, then after negotiation and formalities i take back car on 26th April.

Initial stage i use to prepare with the technical stuffs and driving styles,

while take the beast to the highway it shows her real color,

very much raw power and easily moves vehicles behind, for the first time drive i went up to 120 Kmph only will do some what better next time,

Engine Condition:

the first think i am asked my friend about the service history and about the life of timing belt and clutch, those or big trouble we can expect form Octy.

the car was recently went to A.S.S and everything in good condition, and also the car undergone complete paint treatment with 3M.

so for next one year i can drive her without any worry.

Interior:

the octy is same presentation inside and outside the interiors are very nice,

there are some problems i can noticed, the rear left side door giving too much irritating, most of octy owners told it was regular one,
but someone help me how to come up from this issue

and another think my head unit music system is pioneer cd player, which is total crap, need to change immediately, no aux in no usb and cd player alos not playing,

pls suggest me a good head unit with full options ans also suggest me either to go single or 2 din player.

the octy shows me the initial Mileage 16 kmpl both city and highway drive will update after some long drive.

here are some of the pictures sorry for the poor quality will update clear snaps soon

Attachments

Re: Red Rocket my skoda Octy

Suryahonda congrats for your pre-owned Octavia, Lovely color choice she is looking gorgeous in this color, how much did it cost? if you don't mind sharing the price. Please share some interior pics too, wishing you and your family many happy miles in this mile cruncher.

Congrats Suryahonda ,i remember commenting on your post when you were looking for the Octy,as for the head unit i think its better you get one with an inbuilt display,so you can add a reverse cam,since reversing that car in busy areas is such a pain,you may never know if there is a small kid or a short person standing behind the car.
Or you can get a small individual reverse lcd & cam set & put a single din Pioneer headunit with usb & aux,you can get one for 6000 easy,they have a model which offers only usb,aux & radio(no in built cd) it retails for 3800 if am not wrong.

Thread Starter #4

Suryahonda congrats for your pre-owned Octavia, Lovely color choice she is looking gorgeous in this color, how much did it cost? if you don't mind sharing the price. Please share some interior pics too, wishing you and your family many happy miles in this mile cruncher.
Thank you Tough guy i have finalized the deal for 4 Lac

Is that good deal [confused]

Congrats Suryahonda ,i remember commenting on your post when you were looking for the Octy,as for the head unit i think its better you get one with an inbuilt display,so you can add a reverse cam,since reversing that car in busy areas is such a pain,you may never know if there is a small kid or a short person standing behind the car.
Or you can get a small individual reverse lcd & cam set & put a single din Pioneer headunit with usb & aux,you can get one for 6000 easy,they have a model which offers only usb,aux & radio(no in built cd) it retails for 3800 if am not wrong.
Thank you Prads,

I am looking to fit 2 Din with DVD player, pls suggest me a nice head unit on my requirement and also the price. ya taking revers in this car is very hectic, due to the huge build body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many congratulations for your car buddy. I must admit the car looks too good for the miles it has covered. Do post some interior pics.

Congrats for the Octy brother. She looks neat and weel maintained (especially from the headlmaps we could figure out, 7 out of 10 in road are with dull headlamps. hope you are lucky)

Please do post some interior snaps.

Cheers

Thread Starter #9
IMO, its a good deal waiting for interior pics i am sure you are enjoying your ride to fullest any plans for long drive?
Ya i am sure will post interior Picture ASAP.

and pls guys let me know which is the good head unit in 2 din, also specify the model or band and price.

350Z

Core Team
I got my Preowned Skoda octy 20th April'12, it is 2005 model Elegance 1.9 TDI. that's was a real big experience after used my OHC 98 model for the past 4 years, Octy is a real treat a sudden boom and i like the way it response. after lots of research in automotive forums i have choosen Octy because i need a diesel wheel. I came across this octy since he is my friend who take care this octy very well, though the ODO showing 1,12,000 the car perform outstanding.
Congrats for buying Octavia. As rightly said, it seems that the previous owner has kept her well. Odometer reading although is on a higher side but this car is capable to take on miles to come if properly maintained. vRS was one of my picks when I was hunting for a used car. It was a real delight. A short stint with her was flattering and the interiors felt quite impressive too. Anyways please upload more photographs and do check that front tyre. From the image, it seems it has started to worn out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

First , Congrats on your new ride ! As 350Z mentioned, tyres dont look very good, its advised to check it before taking your car to 140+ kmph. (as u said you were not able to go further than 120). And the Octy with all the good things, it also comes with the famous DEAR DOOR RATTLING problem. But its solved in my car after checking it with a good door mechanic. Though it might have gone through a Service(as you have mentioned) , i would recommend you to give the car for a complete check up in a good GARAGE , and get to know about the remaining years/kms left for each parts. Because this is a lot more easier than having a problem with the car in the middle of no-where . But im hoping for the BEST , that everything should be replaced by the previous owner. Its a bonus, trust me !

Jeno.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Friends, as told earlier i am going to change my Head Unit,

due to financial issues i am going for basic change, my conclusion Kenwood KDV-U4349M Mp3, USB & Aux in, the seller asking price is Rs. 4,300/-

pls suggest me is it a worth to invest on this head unit[confused]

Kenwood - KDV-U4349M here is the kenwood URL for the model.

Friends, as told earlier i am going to change my Head Unit,

due to financial issues i am going for basic change, my conclusion Kenwood KDV-U4349M Mp3, USB & Aux in, the seller asking price is Rs. 4,300/-

pls suggest me is it a worth to invest on this head unit[confused]

Kenwood - KDV-U4349M here is the kenwood URL for the model.
It's a pretty decent HU mate with only downside that it has only one preout. Are you buying it used?

freakdude.

Top Bottom