'The Pussy Cat' - My Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS [Now Sold]

My front left tyre is completely gone when i accidentally hit a sharp concrete slab, i changed both front tyres to yokohama earth1 195/55/16 87V, been riding on 32 psi front and 30 psi rear and ride seems to be a bit hard now. Im planning to set 30 psi on all four wheels. Is every one running on recommended 29 psi?

Thread Starter #77
My front left tyre is completely gone when i accidentally hit a sharp concrete slab, i changed both front tyres to yokohama earth1 195/55/16 87V, been riding on 32 psi front and 30 psi rear and ride seems to be a bit hard now. Im planning to set 30 psi on all four wheels. Is every one running on recommended 29 psi?
Thats unfortunate. You were running stock Apollos ? Earth 1 is a good choice to be honest. Change the rear tyres too. For RS, I would suggest to run on 30 or 29, all tyres since I felt it has a stiffer suspension than Other Balenos. Since I am running a bigger setup(215/45/17), I am using 28-29 all wheels, with mostly only 2 on board.

I always set all the tyre pressure at the recommended 29psi, anything above this makes it bumpy.

Earth1 is way better in comfort than stock appolos after I set 30 psi on front and rear. The ride quality is phenomenal now, the car glides over patches and wavy roads absorbing all the road imperfections and also the cabin feels very silent at higher speeds. The feeling of steering is little heavy at lower speeds, im thinking coz of new tyre threads. I couldn't test high speed handling as the tyre is still in break in period and full performance and feedback will be only known after couple of 100 kms. I was confused between yokos and continentals when I was purchasing but now i think i made a good choice.

Those who are looking for a comfort oriented tires then should seriously look at the Michelin XM2 tires.

My stock tires were jk vectra lasted about 4 years and 26k kms. Where as the second set Michelin XM2 lasted 56k kms in it's 6years of usage. (Majority of it's usages are on bad roads?

Recommended psi for my car is 32. Jk use to be very bouncy with that number, where as the xm2 runs with 36psi as I feel the tire is really very much soft.

Now the third set tires upgraded with an inch taller rim and still there isn't any loss in comfort. Stock size is 155/80R13. Currently running with 175/65R14. Very much fuel efficient and really silent too. I gets a minimum of 23kmpl on highway drives even though it's a wider tire.

Regards.,

Thread Starter #81
Earth1 is way better in comfort than stock appolos after I set 30 psi on front and rear. The ride quality is phenomenal now, the car glides over patches and wavy roads absorbing all the road imperfections and also the cabin feels very silent at higher speeds. The feeling of steering is little heavy at lower speeds, im thinking coz of new tyre threads. I couldn't test high speed handling as the tyre is still in break in period and full performance and feedback will be only known after couple of 100 kms. I was confused between yokos and continentals when I was purchasing but now i think i made a good choice.
Do update the performace of the tyres after munching in some miles :)
Those who are looking for a comfort oriented tires then should seriously look at the Michelin XM2 tires.
My stock tires were jk vectra lasted about 4 years and 26k kms. Where as the second set Michelin XM2 lasted 56k kms in it's 6years of usage. (Majority of it's usages are on bad roads?
Recommended psi for my car is 32. Jk use to be very bouncy with that number, where as the xm2 runs with 36psi as I feel the tire is really very much soft.
Now the third set tires upgraded with an inch taller rim and still there isn't any loss in comfort. Stock size is 155/80R13. Currently running with 175/65R14. Very much fuel efficient and really silent too. I gets a minimum of 23kmpl on highway drives even though it's a wider tire.
Regards.,
Since the RS comes in with 16 inch wheels, I would think that a better bet than XM2's are Primacy 3 ST and the new Primacy 4 . Primarly because at 16" the XM2 has just a single size , but vast majority of options are present in Primacy series(ofcourse many things has to be considered here) and they are generally considered a level above the XM2's. But Earth 1 honestly is a great Tyre for Indian roads, smooth and silent, maybe a bit less than the P3ST from Michelin(I havent tried the P4 yet).

A friend of mine has WRV , and stock tyres of same are Michelin Primacy , the quality is low , i will say , as it got a sidewall hit (Its a tyre mainly for catering to needs of soft rubber + noiseless ride).

I would suggest either to try Michelin Pilot sport if Michelin is your choice.

Regarding the fuel injector cleaner maruti recommend every 20k kms i was bit skeptical about the VFM of the product. This SGP cleaner costs around 2k which was shocking for me.Did Little research on the fuel injector cleaners and found out that there are several types of cleaners around. The most expensive and effective one is that contains PEA(polyetheramines) specifically developed for modern direct injection engines. PEA's are the most advanced and strong additives available today. GDI engines require PEA for cleaning clogged and coked injectors and combustion chambers as normal fuel injector cleaner will not do the job. There are several injection cleaners available on the market today. Most of the injector cleaners like liqui moly and stp retailing around around 200 to 400 rs are the normal ones which is meant for port injection systems. The one which contains PEA 's are retailing around 2k to 3k in international markets and some of them like (gumout one n done and royal purple ) only requires to use every 15000 miles or one year. Gumout is available at Amazon around 5k and royal purple for 2k to 5k (imported).
Suzuki injector cleaner may include PEA'S and other active agents to run the engine fine for 20k. Normal injector cleaner like liqui moly and stp has only 5k kms max effect. There is little or no information regarding the contents on SGP injector cleaner, but by analyzing the 20k interval times quoted by the manufacturer and 2000 rs price for the product we can assume that it may contain some serious ingredients and cleaning agents required for direct injection engines.
Owners of RS better use and stay with SGP injection cleaner until they have found a worthy replacement as Boosterjet engine has done some serious endurance tests in our indian conditions. IMO it's better to stay away from cheap alternatives which is meant only for normal fuel injection engines. If anyone has any information regarding the SUZUKI INJECTION CLEANER or a better alternative to this product please do share on this forum. Thanks.

Iam going to try Amsoil signature series 5w30 fully synthetic engine oil as it has very good reviews worldwide. In Amazon it retails around 1000 per litre for 1 quart(946 ml) and is sold by greaves cotton. The authenticity is verified and confirmed by some Tbhp members. It has LSPI ( Low speed pre ignition) protection which is a common thing for downsized turbo motors. So theoretically it comes under API SN plus category which is the most advanced engine oil recommended for GDI engines as of today. Many of the users are recommending this engine oil over mobil 1 which is a benchmark in the segment. It has extended drain intervals 25000 miles(40k kms) or 1 year which ever comes earlier. Considering the harsh driving conditions in India this engine oil would get us 20k drain interval, I will not stretch my legs any further to try my luck as 20k seems a great deal. Many users checked the oil condition and consumption after 15k kms and the seems to be holding very strong and good.
Engine oil catalog is attached here for further information.

Attachments

Can anyone suggest a good fog lamp bulb replacement for baleno RS. I replaced with a Chinese led light with cooling fan 1 year ago and now it's completely gone. Now im running on Philips crystal vision h8 4300k bright white 12v 35w bulb and the spread and throw is not good as original halogen ones. Im confused with Philips ultinon h8 leds around 5. 5k, osram h8 led 4.8k and autobahn h8 led for 2.3k. If anyone has any suggestions please share.

Thread Starter #86
Regarding the fuel injector cleaner maruti recommend every 20k kms i was bit skeptical about the VFM of the product. This SGP cleaner costs around 2k which was shocking for me.Did Little research on the fuel injector cleaners and found out that there are several types of cleaners around. The most expensive and effective one is that contains PEA(polyetheramines) specifically developed for modern direct injection engines. PEA's are the most advanced and strong additives available today. GDI engines require PEA for cleaning clogged and coked injectors and combustion chambers as normal fuel injector cleaner will not do the job. There are several injection cleaners available on the market today. Most of the injector cleaners like liqui moly and stp retailing around around 200 to 400 rs are the normal ones which is meant for port injection systems. The one which contains PEA 's are retailing around 2k to 3k in international markets and some of them like (gumout one n done and royal purple ) only requires to use every 15000 miles or one year. Gumout is available at Amazon around 5k and royal purple for 2k to 5k (imported).
Suzuki injector cleaner may include PEA'S and other active agents to run the engine fine for 20k. Normal injector cleaner like liqui moly and stp has only 5k kms max effect. There is little or no information regarding the contents on SGP injector cleaner, but by analyzing the 20k interval times quoted by the manufacturer and 2000 rs price for the product we can assume that it may contain some serious ingredients and cleaning agents required for direct injection engines.
Owners of RS better use and stay with SGP injection cleaner until they have found a worthy replacement as Boosterjet engine has done some serious endurance tests in our indian conditions. IMO it's better to stay away from cheap alternatives which is meant only for normal fuel injection engines. If anyone has any information regarding the SUZUKI INJECTION CLEANER or a better alternative to this product please do share on this forum. Thanks.
Well, that should explain the price difference, with import costs adding to it. The engine is now tuned(111HP version) to run on normal fuel, which could mean the fully blown version might soon join the party in India.

Iam going to try Amsoil signature series 5w30 fully synthetic engine oil as it has very good reviews worldwide. In Amazon it retails around 1000 per litre for 1 quart(946 ml) and is sold by greaves cotton. The authenticity is verified and confirmed by some Tbhp members. It has LSPI ( Low speed pre ignition) protection which is a common thing for downsized turbo motors. So theoretically it comes under API SN plus category which is the most advanced engine oil recommended for GDI engines as of today. Many of the users are recommending this engine oil over mobil 1 which is a benchmark in the segment. It has extended drain intervals 25000 miles(40k kms) or 1 year which ever comes earlier. Considering the harsh driving conditions in India this engine oil would get us 20k drain interval, I will not stretch my legs any further to try my luck as 20k seems a great deal. Many users checked the oil condition and consumption after 15k kms and the seems to be holding very strong and good.
Engine oil catalog is attached here for further information.
Well, I dont want to dig deep into oil for a car which I could replace in the coming years. I want it perfect, where I am not going to try to get in over perfect. Haha, might sound super weird, but I guess the Shell's and LM's would do just fine, especially considering the fact that we get a detuned engine. I would love to know what all Maruti changed from international model. I guess it will remain unfound.

Can anyone suggest a good fog lamp bulb replacement for baleno RS. I replaced with a Chinese led light with cooling fan 1 year ago and now it's completely gone. Now im running on Philips crystal vision h8 4300k bright white 12v 35w bulb and the spread and throw is not good as original halogen ones. Im confused with Philips ultinon h8 leds around 5. 5k, osram h8 led 4.8k and autobahn h8 led for 2.3k. If anyone has any suggestions please share.
For the prices, I would like to try the Autobahn one, where I heard pretty decent reviews, just waiting for how long they will last for me to jump the gun. I, to be honest, hardly uses the fog lamp, but I hate the color difference with the headlight. Fog lamps holder fits H8's ?

Thread Starter #87
Mat hooks are there under the driver seat, below the floor carpet. Unlike in the image, the two hooks you see under the lever are not visible, you'll have to cut two holes in the floor carpet to expose those hooks. At least that is how I did it in my Zeta 1.2. Press on the carpet near the area shown in the image and you'll be able to feel them.
Thank you for this once again and I have done this after finding my long lost clips. The velcro was staying well, but not to a 100%. Now all is well and I myself have cut the specific area to find the hidden holes to lock the mat in place.

Hi Guys, I have a 2 year old RS (April 2017). Done 19500 kms and was planning to get the 20k service done this week. Faced sudden grinding noises from the brakes yesterday, went to a car-nation repair center today and found out the right front brake pad is totally worn out and has even scratched the disc! [shock] Got the pads replaced. Found out that our car apparently has the larger pads from the Ertiga, costing 3.2k rather than the usual Baleno pads costing 2.1k. Wanted to ask if anyone else faced the brakes wearing out under 20k kms as this seems a little too early to me. Furthermore, while the right disk was totally worn out, the left disk still had some life in it. Surprising.

Hi Guys, I have a 2 year old RS (April 2017). Done 19500 kms and was planning to get the 20k service done this week. Faced sudden grinding noises from the brakes yesterday, went to a car-nation repair center today and found out the right front brake pad is totally worn out and has even scratched the disc! [shock] Got the pads replaced. Found out that our car apparently has the larger pads from the Ertiga, costing 3.2k rather than the usual Baleno pads costing 2.1k. Wanted to ask if anyone else faced the brakes wearing out under 20k kms as this seems a little too early to me. Furthermore, while the right disk was totally worn out, the left disk still had some life in it. Surprising.
Apparently, I didn't find this issue. My car has done close to 25k kms (June 2017). Break pads were fine, in fact I think it was in a state that could last upto probably 35-40k kms as they didn't seem worn to that extent. An issue that I do face is rusting of the discs and causing noise and probably that is due to being in the vicinity of the sea. I am having to use the breaks a few times until the top layer is scrapped off before driving faster so that I don't land in trouble.

Thread Starter #90
Probably your wheel alignment were off ? I made it a habit to check all 4 pads at every 5k kms during wheel balancing and alignment, just to be on the safer side. And yes, RS uses different pads from Baleno, and thankfully because of that I haven't seen any owners wanting a brake upgrade. Apparently the rear pads are same from S-Cross 1.6 and its a Suzuki Genuine part costing north of 5k afaik.

25K kms update :
Not much to talk. All going smooth and sound, brake pads looks set to go another 25k kms more as its not even half worn, probably due to maximum usage on the highway, thereby less braking. The engine is a gem, the 3rd gear is a diamond on it. Yet to be solved are some rattles near glove box, I do have to blame the 17 inch wheels partially for it, the mileage remains around 19 kmpl on highways and around 11-13 in B2B Bangalore traffic. One thing I did change is the seat cover, rather I threw out the one which I bought from Nexa at the time of the delivery due to their ridiculous heat saving capability. One hour under the sun, and it was virtually impossible to sit in the car, now running stock seat without any covers and the situation is a big big improvement. Doesn't look like I will use a seat cover ever again, until I find a really good one for my taste and use.
Our very own @Rasheek56 have got his RS Wolfd. Approximate new power figures are around 120PS and 175nm torque. I am still waiting for his ownership thread, perhaps he will pen one when he finds time.

Attachments

Top Bottom