The Practicality and Legality of Camping Trailers in India

What do you think of Camping trailers?

• Total voters
Did anyone actually try building a DIY trailer? I wanted to hear their experiences.
I am planning to build one for myself, figuring out where to start from.
Please do consider the aspects I listed in my first comment on this thread.
Camping Trailer in a country like India is not recommended. Better to build one on a single body vehicle like Force Traveller, Tata Winger or something like Tata 407.

Hi all.
I'm grateful to have found this thread. Is there any one who can enlighten me on the law for Camper trailer in MP

I think you've hit it right on the nail. We need sufficient secluded areas for these to work. And India with it's population, it seems a distinct impossibility. Besides the caravans would ideally be make more sense on the plains. and you have agricultural/private land all around our highways. Besides, would you really be willing to camp out in a unknown place, knowing that there's no police to protect you if things get ugly.
Hi,
Well I have been asking around and I've come to know that all Indian oil petrol pump are to host such campers for a night hault.
One can camp in the wilderness by the day and find a good dhaba or petrol pump by the night to call it a day.
What say?

Thread Starter #50

bhvm

Honoured Member
One can camp in the wilderness by the day and find a good dhaba or petrol pump by the night to call it a day.
What say?
Looks like this is the only practical way we could do Camping in India.
Other option would be to ask Villagers/Farmers and park in the farms with their due permission.

Looks like this is the only practical way we could do Camping in India.
Other option would be to ask Villagers/Farmers and park in the farms with their due permission.
Suppose that two to three families or say two cars go together, then one can dare to camp in the open. I came to know that there are a few companies in Bangalore that offer camping space in locations all over India. I guess they have worked some sort of an agreement with the land owners to provide them with space.

Top Bottom