The Off-Topic Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61

350Z

Core Team
vroom said:
Sorry to hear about this, cooldhaya. Like Zinam mentioned, once lost is lost but you did a good thing calling up Airtel to block the SIM. I have lost a couple of mobiles in the local trains here [anger].

Vroom
Last year when I visited Mumbai, My relatives advised to keep watch on expensive items while travelling, Even they too lost their couple of cells.
I heard a lot about the Bombay's Local trains so how could my trip end without travelling in them? It was night time, had my handycam with me and the rush was too much, Can't forget that trip. But however, I had a lot of fun in Bombay also the people are quite helpful. Will love meet you all whenever I make visit next time. [:)]

Drive Safe!
350Z

Actually there is an anti-theft software which is available , but unfortunaltely tat doesn support his mob and also mine!!

you can download this software at www.guardian-mobile.com and check if its compatible with your phones!!

the functioning of that software can be learnt from that website!! hope its useful to you guys atleast from now on!! my friend lost his mobile and got it back using this software!![:D]

Engineering semester exams? Boy, cancelled due to rains? Is it raining so badly there?
I'm a commerce student
what is it like a flood situation or what, exams cancelled due to rain [shock]
Nothing here actually. I was wondering why they declared so. Yeah, it rained heavily, but not like declaring holiday and all. But, Chennai's condition is bad.

Oh freak!! Did not know that. I hope all you guys are ok, without any cold, cough / fever.

Cheers,
Vroom
Its raining all over Tamilnadu and Chennai has been affected badly.

You are lucky!!! they have not cancelled for us here in chennai!!!
You think i'm lucky? I've to write them again this Saturday. And we've planned to go to Tirupati for the weekend as a family by train and even the tickets for Darshan is ready.

My bro has lost his mob!![cry] any suggestion and solutions?? we already contacted AIRTEL customer care and told them to block that sim.
I think we can track the lost mobile with the help of imei number. You should make a police complaint and the mobile company will help them to trace the phone. But its highly impractical, you've to bribe the cops, and our system is too slow and has lot of hassles to find it. If you know someone in police, give a try.

Yes This is already available in most of the mobiles now!

But you will not ahve the GPS localisation in that!

Seems to be great!

My stupid SE is not compatible :)

My bro has lost his mob!![cry] any suggestion and solutions?? we already contacted AIRTEL customer care and told them to block that sim.
The cell can be traced. Does your brother have the cellphone' box & bill ?

Every cell has a IMEI no,this no appears on the service providers computers.So the guy who has stolen it or has found it will put his sim card(service provider) in it.

So you have to go to all the service providers in your area with a xerox copy of the FIR and give them you cell's IMEI no. They search it & if they find it,they give the sim card owners details to the police & the finally if you are lucky you get the cell back.

The thing is cops are very lazy & try to avoid all the running here and there.[lol]

I think we can track the lost mobile with the help of imei number. You should make a police complaint and the mobile company will help them to trace the phone. But its highly impractical, you've to bribe the cops, and our system is too slow and has lot of hassles to find it. If you know someone in police, give a try.

Instead of trying all these you can better buy a new mobile!

By the way what mobile is that? A High end Phone ?

If you know someone in police, give a try.
Yeah my dad knows a few cops!!

Does your brother have the cellphone' box & bill ?
Yes he is having the box and the bill also!! will try wat u have said!!

By the way what mobile is that? A High end Phone ?
Not an high-end phone really!! 5220 xpressmusic (one of the worst designs which i have seen from nokia) he bought it for 7k!!
----------Next Post------------
But you will not ahve the GPS localisation in that!
But that invisible sms feature is enough to find back your mobile!!!

Last edited:
Its raining all over Tamilnadu and Chennai has been affected badly.
Not affected very badly , chennai has faced more rains than this!! But today the rain has reduced!! hope that the sun shines atleast tomo so we can get the TD reports of more cars!!![:D]

Arun

Suspended
Count me in for a United fan!!
Please refer it to as Man United. Man U sounds like the name of a horse "mannu" [lol!]

Sad to hear about the phone though.

Sorry for not being around and active these days, my sems are on!

Count me in for a United fan!!
Great another Man United fan(is it okay now arun)[:D]!!!

Sorry for not being around and active these days, my sems are on!
Even my sem exams going on!! finishing on 27th only!!![frustration]

And about the phone we got an FIR copy. luckily my bro has got a theft insurance for his mobile!! when we contacted UNIVERCELL( tat is the place he bought the phone) they said that they will give the FIR copy to CYBER CRIME . After further investigations if they find the mob they will give it back else we get 50-60% of the cost of the mob back!! we have to buy another phone by adding some extra money in that same shop only!!

Anyone uses Windows 7???
Ya. I have used the Pre release of it. It is good & faster than Vista.

And about the phone we got an FIR copy. luckily my bro has got a theft insurance for his mobile!! when we contacted UNIVERCELL( tat is the place he bought the phone) they said that they will give the FIR copy to CYBER CRIME . After further investigations if they find the mob they will give it back else we get 50-60% of the cost of the mob back!! we have to buy another phone by adding some extra money in that same shop only!!
Thats great. So you should be happy now [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom