The Next Trend: Automatic Gearbox

@ajit4u2k, nice write up. It is quite evident the manual energy consumed in clutch pressing/releasing -gear shifting,is done by the car engine in AMT and thereby extracting more fuel to compensate that energy. But I can not understand, how the maneuver like half clutch [required in bumper to bumper traffic or on starting on slope] is achieved in this system?
Waiting for friends reply.
As per my understanding about Automatic Transmission the half clutch thingy (Crawling On) enabled as soon the user shift the gear leaver to 'D - rive' mode - to sustained this thing user need to press Break pedal unless there is need to shift 'N - eutral' mode during long traffic jam.

Please feel free to correct me..

Last edited:
No, if your foot is on the brake its more like clutch dis-engaged (neutral). It starts shifting only when you take off your foot off the brake, else it would heat and wear the clutch during long halts. Hence there is some delay (fraction of a second or more) to get moving, when you lift your foot.

Last edited:
Auto gear box is not Auto gear box. Try one double clutch gear box from VW. you can shift manually very fast no delay, you can put it on fully automatic mode, etc. And most of the super Sport cars, have the double clutch gearbox. And is up to the tast to everybody what he wants to have in the car.

I'm confused who will bring the first AMT petrol B segment hatchback. Tata bolt or Suzuki swift. Swift will be a run away success anyway. Need to see the fight between them on the basis of price factor. And I think Suzuki will have more FE too. I'm keen in getting either one of them. Seems like swift will come by November and bolt by Jan only. Anyone got any sources regarding the launches?

Top Bottom