The Next Car in My Stable - Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

Running helter skelter due to my work, but I really wanted to see the end to this story! and boy what a suprise, nice ride you chose [:)]

Many many congratulations truecitylover! Now it is time to change your love interest:P

Congrats for acquiring the new swift Truecitylover(now add truecityswiftlover in you.) and your's is the first ownership review on ZDI,
wishing you safe and happy motoring[drive]

Thread Starter #63
No. You should be deciding and distributing the prizes equally among all of us (winners). :biggrin:
Hmmm. Will decide soon and refresh you guys with it.

Congrats. Waiting for some fresh images soon.
Sure, will upload them when i get it. The weather in TN is very bad for the past few days and BIL was not able to take pictures.

Yes. They are likely to become compulsory from next year onwards. You will find all the related info here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...security-vehicle-registration-plates-ind.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
Right. I did hear yet another news that the IND implementation would be delayed in TN due to some political issues.

Running helter skelter due to my work, but I really wanted to see the end to this story! and boy what a suprise, nice ride you chose [:)]

Many many congratulations truecitylover! Now it is time to change your love interest:P
Thank you Thetraveller! The love interest will always be in my City.

Congrats for acquiring the new swift Truecitylover(now add truecityswiftlover in you.) and your's is the first ownership review on ZDI,
wishing you safe and happy motoring[drive]
Thanks a bunch Vishwas!!!

Hmmm. Will decide soon and refresh you guys with it.
See I was the first to give the exact answer after seeing the pics as well as the last to guess,so my name should be in the list else I will do thrashing posts(that's a warning)!!![lol]

Well,dear Truecitylover,I myself has driven the City a lot any generation it may be and there is one small problem with us people who love City,let me today tell you about that:-
Maybe your wife may dislike it but the Swift will never be able to be your preferred car until you start considering the fuel prices.Why?Let me tell you,the day you will start driving the Swift you will always feel that there is something missing in this car,my friend who owns the City(he owned every generation of City)when took the Swift's steering he said "Car is started and I am feeling it,in my City it is confirmed that car is started only after I see the revvs risen above zero,this car has sound,this is a tractor(no offence to anyone)same he said when he TDed my Corolla".So now you can understand what problem I am talking about..Right?

Congrats truecitylover and thanks for breaking the suspense finally, sorry i joined late to the party as i was away the whole of last week.
looking forward to more detailed pics :)

Thread Starter #66
See I was the first to give the exact answer after seeing the pics as well as the last to guess,so my name should be in the list else I will do thrashing posts(that's a warning)!!![lol]
Please Vipul. Be gentle on me. I will try to savor you guys with a T'log.
For now, enjoy these pics.

Well,dear Truecitylover,I myself has driven the City a lot any generation it may be and there is one small problem with us people who love City,let me today tell you about that:-
Maybe your wife may dislike it but the Swift will never be able to be your preferred car until you start considering the fuel prices.Why?Let me tell you,the day you will start driving the Swift you will always feel that there is something missing in this car,my friend who owns the City(he owned every generation of City)when took the Swift's steering he said "Car is started and I am feeling it,in my City it is confirmed that car is started only after I see the revvs risen above zero,this car has sound,this is a tractor(no offence to anyone)same he said when he TDed my Corolla".So now you can understand what problem I am talking about..Right?
Agreed to the above points. I personally prefer City over Swift in all aspects and everyone knows it.
The reason for this shuffle is because of ever rising petrol prices which puts a dent on my pocket.
If someone helps me with Petrol on the same price as Diesel, i'd not mind doing a road trip twice a year with my City.[evil]

Congrats truecitylover and thanks for breaking the suspense finally, sorry i joined late to the party as i was away the whole of last week.
looking forward to more detailed pics :)
Thank you and welcome back to TAI!
So, keep enjoying the party and "Your wish is my command" (Remember that eh? [glasses]). Enjoy the latest set of pictures.
Please excuse for the poor clarity. These were taken in mobile and sent over to me.

Attachments

Congrats buddy on your acquisition of all new swift. Wish you miles of safe & happy motoring.
Please do remove that blue sticker of dealership .

Thank you and welcome back to TAI!
So, keep enjoying the party and "Your wish is my command" (Remember that eh? [glasses]). Enjoy the latest set of pictures.
Please excuse for the poor clarity. These were taken in mobile and sent over to me.
Ohh thank you kind sir [evil]
well regarding excusing u about the poor quality of photographs, we all in the forum will think about it [;)]

On a more serious note, i havent been closely following maruti at all for several years(but keeping myself just abt aware) and my impression of maruti has been more from the esteem and zen from ages back(company owned) , to be frank hence i am very impressed with the interior quality in ur photographs - atleast it looks top quality, great if u can send good quality images later.
But the interior does look top notch - can u clarify and add ur review on this aspect ?

Thread Starter #70
Congrats buddy on your acquisition of all new swift. Wish you miles of safe & happy motoring.
Please do remove that blue sticker of dealership .
Thanks Mukesh. I will be removing every trace of the dealership from the car. Reason is here.

Congratulations brother, a gr8 machine you got your hands on !!
Happy Motoring, hope to see an ownership review on board once you've experienced it enough.
Thank you. Will post a complete review once i get my hands on the car.

Ohh thank you kind sir [evil]
well regarding excusing u about the poor quality of photographs, we all in the forum will think about it [;)]

On a more serious note, i havent been closely following maruti at all for several years(but keeping myself just abt aware) and my impression of maruti has been more from the esteem and zen from ages back(company owned) , to be frank hence i am very impressed with the interior quality in ur photographs - atleast it looks top quality, great if u can send good quality images later.
But the interior does look top notch - can u clarify and add ur review on this aspect ?
LOL. Then do wait for more pictures from my cam.

I had not been a keen follower of Maruti too. But, i can relate few parts top notch like the Gear Knob, ICE Etc., based on my short stint with a TD car. Few are:

- Interiors are made up of better plastics when compared to Swift.
- AC cooling is really good.
- Door handles seem sturdy than previous version.
- Seat adjustment lever is good
- Retractable cup holder is good.

More will follow once i spend some time with the car.

thanks truecitylover
i have started a new thread upon your advice
i have booked my zdi on oct 21st,
i still love the new swift alot but very confused, the dealer is saying wait till the 7th of jan as the plant is shut for their annual maintainance and he can get the waiting figures only after that.

Thread Starter #72
thanks truecitylover
i have started a new thread upon your advice
i have booked my zdi on oct 21st,
i still love the new swift alot but very confused, the dealer is saying wait till the 7th of jan as the plant is shut for their annual maintainance and he can get the waiting figures only after that.
No worries Rahul. I would say the car would be worth the wait if you have another one already.

Thread Starter #73
Ok guys, the wait is over for me and few of you.
Laid my hands on the new drive and was impresssed on the first touch [thumbsup].

Let the pictures do the talking. Amit, exclusively for you!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks mate:kewlpics: nice pics and congrats for getting it in ur hands now :)
the interiors look nice in all black...quality seems very decent too - looks like i shud begin to include maruti in my list again...

just one thing(or may be its just the pics) the grey steering cover doesnt seem to gel well with the black background..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75
Thanks mate:kewlpics: nice pics and congrats for getting it in ur hands now :)
the interiors look nice in all black...quality seems very decent too - looks like i shud begin to include maruti in my list again...

just one thing(or may be its just the pics) the grey steering cover doesnt seem to gel well with the black background..
Thank you. The grey steering grip was not good when i saw it the first time. I guess it was done on purpose for breaking the blackness.

Few more pics and the prize pictures are uploaded in my inventory.
Detailed first impression review coming up in a while.

Attachments

Top Bottom