The Next Car in My Stable - Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi

Thread Starter #46
The Next Car in My Stable - Maruti Suzuki Swift - ZDI

Prologue:

It was during March my wedding got fixed and my FIL wanted to present a car for the occassion.
I was pretty much not interested about this due to my personal reasons. However, there was a strong insistance from their side which was literally a custom to present a car to the daughter.
My polished point of argument - I have a City and that too it's new. Later, it was decided to do as they wish.

Discussion about the car:

The discussion started and i was given only one choice - Diesel car. Reason: More miles for the couple without much hole in pocket.[glasses]

Agreed because i started to face the heat of petrol prices and could not drive my City on a daily basis.

Next discussion about which car:

It was decided that we will be going for a hatchback considering the various difficulties that i face driving my Sedan in Chennai.
FIL has a swift already. A 2007 Pearl white VDI. He was very much impressed about the car leaving behind the Ambi, Sumo and other cars that they had.

I was attracted towards many cars due to our fellow members review on a daily basis. I was dreaming about Punto, Polo, I20, Figo Etc., but a Swift did not pop up in my mind since i was looking for some luxury in the car.

News about the new swift started to pop up and the idea impressed me to go for a new model which would make you a head turner for a while. But was not sure when the launch will be.

I did not require any review of swift as i had already driven the Swift much. But, was not sure about the Diesel cars though!
Drove my FIL's car and was liking the surge after the 1500 RPM mark due to turbo.

It was finally decided to go for a swift VDi + ABS after much discussions. As, i was ok with anything but no compromise on safety. I required atleast ABS.

Waiting period was 5 months - well before the occassion.
So, we booked a Swift with a condition that we need a upgradation if the new swift is launched before the date.
Dealer agreed if it happens.

Colour selection:

I did not like the old swift's grey and moreover my City was on a greyish side too which may be like a uniform for another car.

White was much to maintain.

Red & Black was declined due to auspicious reasons.

The new Sunlight copper was not appealing for me. Moreover it was on the red side too.

Silver was a colour which was accepted by all and i thought it would be good.

The wait:

We patiently waited for months. Later one fine day during July, a letter was received in regards to the upgradation.
FIL immediately went to the dealership and discussed about it. Since we were the first one to opt, we were assured of priority.

The date of release came and i was thrilled. There came a shock - No ABS in VDi.
Since i was firm on safety, we decided to go for ZDi as that is the only variant with ABS (and Airbags too).
Dealership was not sure if it can be delivered within the occassion. But, we were betting on it.

Another shocker - Maruthi Strike. This was a pain and we were offered VDi. I said a firm no and we decided to wait.

Test Drive:

Went to the dealership one fine afternoon and was happy to be doing a TD on the new swift (ZDi).
I did a TD in a rough manner after seeing the yard of the dealership along with Wifey. It did not have proper roads and was a muddy place (The same place in the photos).
Wifey's next question - Will you drive the new car also like this [frustration]? Told her about how i used to do a TD and she later understood.

Was thoroughly impressed with the vehicle and was taken aback with the ACC feature.
Braking was good and the body roll was not there as compared to the old swift.

After a patient wait of about 8+ months, we got the ZDi invoiced this wednesday and the delivery will be on next Wednesday.

PDI was done by dad and FIL with the TAI-PDI form. All boxes were checked and it is a December, 2011 model car.

We tried our level best for the #: 2233 or 2323 but did not get it as someone had already blocked it. We got yet another number blocked - Next teaser?

Registration will be done by this year itself (Probably on Monday) as there is a widespread news that the road tax would be increased by 3-5%.

Would be posting more pictures and details once we get it delivered. Unfortunately, i would not be able to get my hands on the drive till next month!
Till then will be missing the new drive. But, my City will show me the pleasure as always![thumbsup]

Last edited:
Congo dear Truecitylover.First of all I am sure the Swift will never be able to steal the charm of the City(at least for me it is,I loved City,I love City and I will love City).Rest you made a perfect choice,nothing is better than a fully loaded Swift ZDi at this price point.

And yes,I was the last to guess that it is a ZDi and I guessed it perfectly,so what gift is for me??:biggrin:

One dashboard pic please!!:please:

Haha,the Truecitylover will get married too very soon,so once more CONGO mate also may this car bring you the happy married milestones.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #48
Congo dear Truecitylover.First of all I am sure the Swift will never be able to steal the charm of the City(at least for me it is,I loved City,I love City and I will love City).Rest you made a perfect choice,nothing is better than a fully loaded Swift ZDi at this price point.
Thank you buddy!!!

And yes,I was the last to guess that it is a ZDi and I guessed it perfectly,so what gift is for me??:biggrin:

One dashboard pic please!!
Sorry buddy. Don't have the interior pictures.

Haha,the Truecitylover will get married too very soon,so once more CONGO mate also may this car bring you the happy married milestones.
Already married 3 months ago! [:)]

Means you are already married three months back and still the car your FIL would have gifted you will come after a month!!!
Any ways,get the pics whenever you come across the car.

Thread Starter #50
Means you are already married three months back and still the car your FIL would have gifted you will come after a month!!!
Not exactly. Wedding happened on September. Car was not there for the occassion.

Car is not yet delivered. It's just invoiced and will be taking delivery on next wednesday. I will not be there where the car is being delivered. So, when i visit there next month, i would be taking it.

Hope this is clear.

Any ways,get the pics whenever you come across the car.
Sure!

Too many wild guesses guys. Enjoying the show though!!!

Is this also a wild guess or the final answer?
It wasn't a guess. I got the firm info from your VIN. I must admit i was not the one who decoded it, but got it sorted from one of my buddies.

So whatever prize you chose to award to FJ, will be shared with the one who helped to decode.

Sorry to be late on this. I was away from the internet for sometime.

Anyways, congratulations for the new car!

hi guys im new to this forum.. or any forum. i've started this since the day i have booked my new swift zdi. i love the new swift but frankly im really tired of the wait. expected date given by dealer is the 3rd of march which seems like a light year away!

im okay with a budget of 7.5L.. can someone suggest a 2nd option? i have TDd the i20 polo punto figo but im really confused. btw figo is out of the equation cz it just looks really tine though it has some good reviews. need help from u guys. waiting for some suggestions.

my priority in a car are the interiors, the FE, and to an extent the resale value.

I was the first to answer it correctly. My prize? :biggrin: Congrats for the lovely ride. Any specific reason for choosing Silver? And when is the car being delivered?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Ahm Ahm, i believe it was me who answered it completely [glasses] so we should share the prize :biggrin:

Re: The Next Car in My Stable - Maruti Suzuki Swift - ZDI

Wifey's next question - Will you drive the new car also like this [frustration]?
Congo buddy on getting married and this beauty! The above statement of yours made me go LOLs; I also had similar queries when i went for a ride with my wify in my Dad's 800 (all women are same [cheers])

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #59
hi guys im new to this forum.. or any forum. i've started this since the day i have booked my new swift zdi. i love the new swift but frankly im really tired of the wait. expected date given by dealer is the 3rd of march which seems like a light year away!

im okay with a budget of 7.5L.. can someone suggest a 2nd option? i have TDd the i20 polo punto figo but im really confused. btw figo is out of the equation cz it just looks really tine though it has some good reviews. need help from u guys. waiting for some suggestions.

my priority in a car are the interiors, the FE, and to an extent the resale value.
Rahul, welcome to TAI. When did you book your ZDi? I would suggest you walk up to the dealer and put some pressure.

In regards to your query about other cars, i would suggest if you could post your requirement in The Automotive Shopper section by creating a new thread.

Ahm Ahm, i believe it was me who answered it completely [glasses] so we should share the prize :biggrin:
Guess Vibhor should decide on this!!!

Congo buddy on getting married and this beauty! The above statement of yours made me go LOLs; I also had similar queries when i went for a ride with my wify in my Dad's 800 (all women are same [cheers])
Thank you buddy. Yes, women and automotive are 2 far ends!!!

Update Time Again:

The car was delivered yesterday and awaiting my touch in FIL's parking lot. No pictures available. Sorry!!!

A Question:
I am planning to go for IND number plates for Swift too. Heard that there will be a rule in place from 2012 that the number plates would have micro-chip installed which has all the necessary details. Can someone throw some light on it?

350Z

Core Team
Guess Vibhor should decide on this!!!
No. You should be deciding and distributing the prizes equally among all of us (winners). :biggrin:

The car was delivered yesterday and awaiting my touch in FIL's parking lot. No pictures available. Sorry!!!
Congrats. Waiting for some fresh images soon.

I am planning to go for IND number plates for Swift too. Heard that there will be a rule in place from 2012 that the number plates would have micro-chip installed which has all the necessary details. Can someone throw some light on it?
Yes. They are likely to become compulsory from next year onwards. You will find all the related info here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...security-vehicle-registration-plates-ind.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom