The New Toyota Etios "V" Initial Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi Fellow Mates, Hope Everyone is rocking with their CArs n Bikes...

Well Jus thought of sharing some views on Toyota Etios

I have booked the Vehicle on Dec 3rd of 2010 and I have taken delivery on 14-02-2011 ( V'day)....

Colour : Symphony Silver
Varient: "V"

Lets start with the positives of the veicles

Positives:-
1. Excellent Paint quality and exterior finish
2. Ground Clearence
3. Road visibility,
4. Sitting Comfort (Ample for 5 persons) even thigh support is very nice
5. Riding quality (steering wheel is just awsome)
6. Air conditioner is good but have to see in the summer
7. Engine is simply fabulous, it responds very well how ever we may drive
8. Boot Space is jus Superb (Thinking of keeping a matress there to sleep)
9. Gear is suprisingly smooth for a new car
10.Rear Defogger is a good option too

Now let me list out the Negatives

1. Cheap Plastics (interiors)
2. No door and glass frame trafice noise is very much inside the cabin
3. Engine is little noisy for a petrol car
4. Mp3 player provide is not top class not even avergae
5. Lack of driver seat Height adjusment
6. Speedomter center console (btw i liked it rest of my family doesnt)
7. Single wiper
8. Suspension is not top of the class, My old palio is far better
9. The Space above the tyres is visible oddly when viewed side ways
10. The Hand brake seems from a decade old models very old model

All over the vehicle is good but very delicate interiors, I wont be surprised if i hear from some one that the door handle broke off in their hands... Drive quality is simply superb the best in the segment i can say..

Posting some exterior pics now will post many interior pics soon...

Keep Rocking guys.....Vinay

Attachments

Hello Vinay,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for you new car which you seem to be enjoying to the fullest. Excellent choice of color. You have pointed out the pros and cons of Etios very accurately. Do Update us with your future plans of accessories.

Wish you thousands of happy miles with your Etios.

Cheers,
Akash

Congratulations on the purchase Vinay! I feel Etios is one of the best VFM cars around now , wishing you many more happy miles with the car!

Looking forward to see more pictures of your beauty along with the delivery experience and a more detailed report on the driveability factor.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for posting such a sweet and honest review, Vinay. The quality of interior plastics isn’t good, as you said; hope Toyota will rectify these issues in future. I like the Etios, but expected the design to be little better and original from Toyota. Add some more pictures of your car, and keep this thread updated. It’ll be very useful for new car buyers. Congratulations and wish you trouble free experience with your new partner. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey! am very happy to see etios owner in TAI. well written pros and cons about your car buddy. maybe you can also tell us about initial driving experience within these four days..and yeah add some more pics also!!

congratulations Vinay, the car looks nice.
I am starting to see some Etios models here in Delhi nowadays.
What is the fuel efficiency you are getting?

Thread Starter #9
Congratulations on the purchase Vinay! I feel Etios is one of the best VFM cars around now , wishing you many more happy miles with the car!

Looking forward to see more pictures of your beauty along with the delivery experience and a more detailed report on the driveability factor.
Dear Dhaya, Driveability is very good for this car even better than Verna. Reversing is little problem i hope its the same with many of the sedans..Corners and turning radius is very good, Some U turns are taken very easily, the same U turns I used to face difficulty with my Palio (petrol)....

Thread Starter #10
congratulations Vinay, the car looks nice.
I am starting to see some Etios models here in Delhi nowadays.
What is the fuel efficiency you are getting?
Dear Safire,

I have been getting FE in city @ 18kmpl but i was driving in very slow (max 60) and using very less brake and clutch as not to rugg the engine...

By the way this car needs use of clutch very less. Even in a speed like 40kmph u can smoothly apply 5th gear and it's not jerking if you suddenly slowdown to 20 kmph or so

Thread Starter #11
Dear Guys,

The Driveability is jus awsome, the engine responds very nicely, it needs a very less usage of clutch...

But few more drawbacks i have noticed are many places where more dust will collect like
1. beside the accelerator
2. The handbrake
3. front leg room

Here with I am attaching some images where in you can see the interiors of my car

And also in an picture you can see the thigh support, I was seated in that seat my height is 5'10", and the fixed head rest is exactly fitting to my height, I think it might be little trouble for guys around 6' feet tall.

The tilt steering was also perfectly placed. But lack of driver seat height adjustment is a major drawback..

The boot is enormous it can swallow all your vacation luggage

The Fuel tank capacity is 45 Litres

In the pictures, the accessories i have taken extra are

1. Sun Visor organisor
2. Luggae tray
3. Gear shift knob
4. Gear chrome bezel
5. Fabric mats (Etios Buyers dont go for fabric mats rubber are best)

One more major drawback is not having door beeding or rubber frame what ever you call it

yesterday i have washed the car and water droplets entered inside the frame but not inside the car, just the door frame inside...

any queries on the car pls buzz me

In Te Last But One Pic see My Karizma Force Silver colour is much better than this Symphony silver...LOL

Attachments

bnagavinay,

truly . your bike looks much appealing to me too!!

btw how do you rate etios comparitively with other cars which you might have driven?

The Etios being from the TOYOTA stable, you can always expect the engine to be good. And you are getting a very good FE as well!
Is your spare wheel also an alloy and what is the dimension of the tyres?
It is a bit early to ask but still how would you rate the performance of AC/Blower?

Thread Starter #14
Dear Jaydev I rate this car 8/10
It surely lacks in looks but Ground clearance, Road visibility and Engine (toyota).. and Toyota's aftersales service etc had made it to that mark..

I can surely say there is a pleasure in driving this car when compared to others in the segment like Manza, swift dezire......

This car is even better than Sx4 and reg driving factor this can be compared to verna

Total VFM car

lack of climate control and driver seat adjustment and cheap plastics make us think again but overall is a good car

Thread Starter #15
Hi safire, Spare wheel is not a alloy wheel, The alloy wheels are 15" good year wheels (these good year tyres sound a bit when we cross speed of 100)

Ac is good not best it would be nice if he had given a blower on the right of the audio system

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom